• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
meltpotato said:
:lol great to see these quality juniors showing up for E3.

You must pat attention to some quartermann rumors then. Damn near everything against MS recently has turned out to be wrong.

Agent Icebeezy

Caspel said:
amir0x... may I ask when? never read about the exclusivity... just next-gen consoles. It would be dumb for Lucas Arts to make that exclusive. Oh well, provide me with some info and I will take it off the list or put it into the rumored section.

Lucas Arts wants Blu-Ray to succeed. You have to think outside the box.

Amir0x

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:

oh Agent, you especially I fear for most...

(because of all the money you're going to need to spend!)

Akira

I have a feeling that besides from a several solid games, MS' showing will be disappointing. It will be even worse if Halo 3 isn't what people are expecting. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but with the expectations that Halo 3 will be OMGawesomes, I think people will be left disappointed.

Speevy

Banned
Akira said:
I have a feeling that besides from a several solid games, MS' showing will be disappointing. It will be even worse if Halo 3 isn't what people are expecting. I will be happy to be proven wrong, but with the expectations that Halo 3 will be OMGawesomes, I think people will be left disappointed.

Given that it's probably just a teaser, and teasers are CG, I think it's probably going to be the best part of MS' show.

Based on this thread, I think people have pretty realistic expectations. This show might get blown away by the other two, but not because folks blew the hype out of proportion.

MrSingh

alumne said:
Wow another mmo. Is this one going to be a shitty ps2 port too?!

Fuck them. Square has no pride

Square 360 support = shitty MMORPG ports and the odd game from 3rd parties. Buy a PS3 is you want other shitty Square games. :lol

Speevy said:
Given that it's probably just a teaser, and teasers are CG, I think it's probably going to be the best part of MS' show.

Based on this thread, I think people have pretty realistic expectations. This show might get blown away by the other two, but not because folks blew the hype out of proportion.

I don't think Bungie has ever used CG in any of their trailers. The Halo 2 announce trailer was scripted in-engine (which was later scrapped) and everything that I remember from Halo 1 was in-engine as well, going all the way back to the Mac.

alumne

Banned
YellowAce said:
Square 360 support = shitty MMORPG ports and the odd game from 3rd parties. Buy a PS3 is you want other shitty Square games. :lol
Ha. No thanks. Shitty square 360 games are more then enough for me. :D

Sorry if this is a bit late, but if Shadowrun doesn't use UE3, what game is MS using it for and are we going to see it? Could Bungie be using it for Halo 3?

GhaleonEB

Confidence Man said:
Sorry if this is a bit late, but if Shadowrun doesn't use UE3, what game is MS using it for and are we going to see it? Could Bungie be using it for Halo 3?
Entirely possible. They're using Havok, so we know they don't mind usiing middleware.

Aryuken

Banned
Amir0x said:
What, you don't like Front Mission man? What are you sick?

Front mission is cool....just not online. Square giving us just MMORgs....cmon man. Oh well, i didn't buy a 360 for square games anyway.

bengraven

Soooo, all Star Wars games will be on PS3? STAR WARS PS3 EXCLUSIVE, you heard it here first!

But seriously, I expect a lot of PS3 exclusive announcements, which will likely make me throw my hands up in the air and say "oh, fuck it". Since I'd like to stay a one next-gen system person for at least another year, this was be very frustrating.

I still dont think that this E3 will be PS3 exclusive announcements E3. Why? For titles coming in 2006 and 2007.

In the next 18 months the 360 will...

have a much larger installed base in the US and Europe
is easier to develop for

So why wouldnt 3rd parties simply take advantage of this and build for 360 first and see how the next 2 years plays out before going exclusive for one console or another.

PhatSaqs

Banned
KeithFranklin said:
So why wouldnt 3rd parties simply take advantage of this and build for 360 first and see how the next 2 years plays out before going exclusive for one console or another.
moneyhat-thumb.jpg

I think Sony understands the game and is willing to play it alot more than MS does as well. But we'll see.

Speevy

Banned
The SRPG? That's good news. I don't know why a forum which plays stuff like Oendan, Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Guitar Hero is possibly disappointed that some of the lower profile PS2 franchises are coming to the Xbox 360. I'm psyched, especially for Culdcept.

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
The SRPG? That's good news. I don't know why a forum which plays stuff like Oendan, Disgaea, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and Guitar Hero is possibly disappointed that some of the lower profile PS2 franchises are coming to the Xbox 360. I'm psyched, especially for Culdcept.

Front Mission Online ain't no SRPG, ho.

Anyway, Culdcept is GREAT news. I ain't disappointed at that, that shit was incredible to hear.

MrSingh

Speevy said:

except SE got their interns to work on the port. those guys don't even know what a shader is.

Amir0x

Banned
YellowAce said:
except SE got their interns to work on the port. those guys don't even know what a shader is.

It's pretty lame that they don't even put a little effort into these things. But I guess it's expected, until Microsoft breaks the crust in Japan.

DD-11

Aryuken said:
Look what i found.

Sure it has 16xAA lol, but thats it. MArcus(?) has facial hair now too :D

That's totally badass. I'm not that hyped about GOW, but this brings me a little closer despite it being just a suped up render. It's all about style. Bad art my ass.

Ponn

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Amir0x didnt ban himself so you should be fine.

BlimBlim should get a free pass always. He's one of the few "insiders" around here that I will actually take at face value.

Though you're whole Another World/Out of This World multi-dayton was a bit of a cocktease with a not so great payoff. Other then that spill the beans.

bumpkin

sf4.gif

Please! Please! Please!

...yeah right. :lol

And yeah, I know 4 is IV, but IIII was the easiest Photoshop job.

Amir0x

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Amir0x didnt ban himself so you should be fine.

Haha. But seriously, BlimBlim doesn't have to worry about getting banned. Even aside from the hinting thing, he's one of the more UPSTANDING CITIZENS at GAF... which is more than I can say for most of you fuckers ;)

Amir0x said:
Yup. HUGE moneyhats. Also, the incredible clout of the PlayStation brand!

Yes the moneyhats argument. Like MS doesnt have cash to throw around and Sony is in just wonderful shape. No matter how big the Playstation brand. This fall they 3rd party will only have 1-2 million people to sell a game too on the PS3. I could see more PS3 exclusives next E3 and especially 2008 E3 if the PS3 truly performs like the PS2.

Agent Icebeezy

Amir0x said:
oh Agent, you especially I fear for most...

(because of all the money you're going to need to spend!)

This year, I'll be fine. Most expenses are taken care of.

Top Bottom