• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giancarlo gonna spend a little bit of time on the injured list it seems.

Something seemed off when I was watching him swing the last couple days. At least it's not serious, from what I hear

RIP my fantasy team. I need that guy healthy to give me some serious dongs.

I always thought a full season of healthy Giancarlo in the AL East could take out Maris' record. If he was there in 2017 he would have passed it for sure.

RIP my fantasy team. I need that guy healthy to give me some serious dongs.

I always thought a full season of healthy Giancarlo in the AL East could take out Maris' record. If he was there in 2017 he would have passed it for sure.

Bruce was a good pickup

I was literally looking at the add screen contemplating picking him up just now

The amount of No Hitter I've seen attached to Jays games on the At Bat is astonishing. It hasn't been a week yet and this is the third time I've seen it.

MC Safety

The Baltimore Orioles' manager pulled the team's pitcher while he was pitching a no-hitter. He'd thrown 82 pitches and the Orioles were winning by six runs.

I've grown increasingly disinterested in baseball because of the tendency for managers to try and finagle wins and insert themselves where there's no need. I mean, there's lot of reasons why baseball is losing my interest, but this is the issue of the day.

Let the guy pitch.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/04/01/orioles-pull-david-hess-no-hitter-blue-jays

Last edited:
The Baltimore Orioles' manager pulled the team's pitcher while he was pitching a no-hitter. He'd thrown 82 pitches and the Orioles were winning by six runs.

I've grown increasingly disinterested in baseball because of the tendency for managers to try and finagle wins and insert themselves where there's no need. I mean, there's lot of reasons why baseball is losing my interest, but this is the issue of the day.

Let the guy pitch.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/04/01/orioles-pull-david-hess-no-hitter-blue-jays
Yeah lets be real, Baltimore isn't competing this year. They aren't. Let the fans have these moments because they aren't going to have many.

Yeah I was watching that game, that’s stupid as hell. Baltimore Guy has also made a couple odd decisions with his bullpen already, specifically with Mychal Givens.

Not sure what this new-age managerial system is based on but pulling Hess made zero sense in any way I can think of

Can't be MVP though if your team doesn't make the playoffs 🙃

giphy.gif

Got Em!

Kevin Pillar to the Giants. As the local Giants fan in Toronto, everyone asked me what I think of this deal.

Personally I think the Jays should have went after Aramis Garcia. He had a great spring and has no future in SF with Posey and Bart blocking his path.

The Braves extended Acuña as well. I understand buying out arb years but if I was a major leaguer who was going to be a free agent around 27-28, I wouldn't sign on for extra years. I'd say the owners have spooked the players pretty good about earning potential with all the extensions we're seeing

I remember all the Bryce Harper moments, both good and bad.

I am glad that Bryce and the Nationals organization went their separate ways.

He may play the next 13 years in Philly. Be Pete Rose jr. But it wasn't happening in D.C.

I've never questioned his work ethic, his passion, or his abilities. Ive always questioned his loyalty and what really matters to him.

Perhaps his experience during Free Agency has light a fire in him. Wish him the very best except when he plays us.

I wouldn't want my guys up against Max.

Did anyone watch the highlights from the Braves vs Cubs last night? Holy hell the Cubs are awful. I can't believe what I just watched. Minor league teams don't look that bad and no, I am not exaggerating.

I wouldn't want my guys up against Max.

Did anyone watch the highlights from the Braves vs Cubs last night? Holy hell the Cubs are awful. I can't believe what I just watched. Minor league teams don't look that bad and no, I am not exaggerating.

I watched them the night before against the Rangers. What happened last night? Just a comedy of errors?

I watched them the night before against the Rangers. What happened last night? Just a comedy of errors?

6 errors officially but so many other guffaws. It was unbelievable to watch a major league team play so poorly. It's not even like they are a bunch of rookies being called up on a team with no hope for the post season. These guys won a world series recently.

Rockies avoid future arbitration with German Marquez, 5 years, 43 mil deal

Set our franchise record for strikeouts in a season last year

Last edited:
Harper may have won the battle today, but the war will wage on!
Not really.

He hit once the game was out of reach against pitchers doing mop up duty.

When he had the RBI chances his first 2 AB's, he walked back to the dugout with strike outs.

Once the game was out of reach, he went Harper

But I will give him credit, he ran to first base hard. Wasn't doing that when in DC

Not really.

He hit once the game was out of reach against pitchers doing mop up duty.

When he had the RBI chances his first 2 AB's, he walked back to the dugout with strike outs.

Once the game was out of reach, he went Harper

But I will give him credit, he ran to first base hard. Wasn't doing that when in DC

You wouldn’t say 3-5 with 3 RBI, a homer, a double off Max, and the 8-2 win would be considered winning that day’s battle?

You wouldn’t say 3-5 with 3 RBI, a homer, a double off Max, and the 8-2 win would be considered winning that day’s battle?
2 of the 3 and all RBI’s were meaningless to the game

Idk. I’ve watched him for 7 years collect hits, homeruns and all that when it didn’t matter. Maybe that has something to do with how I look at AB’s...

It’s like watching a pitcher strike out the side when losing by 10.

Had he went 0-5 with 5 k’s, they still win 5-2.

Does that make sense.

I’ve just watched this guy inflate his numbers hitting pitchers who are in there just trying to throw strikes because the game is all but over.

Like last year he started hitting once the chances of making the playoffs was slim to none. He hit .214 before the all star break and hit .300 once the season was all but over.

.211 in the postseason

Make sense ?

Ehhh I dunno man. Sounds a little harsh

But on a side note, sucks about TT. That’s a shitty break.
Its normal Nats season. Its always raining.

I imagine it sounds harsh. I've just watched him too long. Listen to people compare him to Trout, and while I wouldn't absolutely trash a Nats player, I would sit there and wonder "are we talking about the same guy" lol.

But Harper always has a good April even when he has a bad overall season. I think he has one of the highest OPS for April all time.

Honestly JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered perhaps I just seen him too close for too long. That first AB with 2 on and no outs strike out means more imo than that 8th inning homer off a pitcher just trying to throw strikes and move the game along.

And to be fair I wasn't jumping up and down when the Nats finally scored. Rendon homer only meant no shut out. Didn't mean much for the game tho.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Rockies avoid future arbitration with German Marquez, 5 years, 43 mil deal

Set our franchise record for strikeouts in a season last year

He is a stud. Once I missed out on the Mets starters I made I got him in this league. Pissed that I didn't get him in my money league this year (had him as a FA pickup last year); got sniped two picks before where I was about to take him.

Nothing beats a Bumgarner dinger.

Nothing.

trumpwrong.gif

giphy.gif

And this one too while we're at it.

giphy.gif

2 of the 3 and all RBI’s were meaningless to the game

Idk. I’ve watched him for 7 years collect hits, homeruns and all that when it didn’t matter. Maybe that has something to do with how I look at AB’s...

It’s like watching a pitcher strike out the side when losing by 10.

Had he went 0-5 with 5 k’s, they still win 5-2.

Does that make sense.

I’ve just watched this guy inflate his numbers hitting pitchers who are in there just trying to throw strikes because the game is all but over.

Like last year he started hitting once the chances of making the playoffs was slim to none. He hit .214 before the all star break and hit .300 once the season was all but over.

.211 in the postseason

Make sense ?
Eh, people always said things like this about A-Rod too. Maybe somewhat valid, I don't know. But let's be clear: You are not an objective messenger for a lot of this lol.

He is a stud. Once I missed out on the Mets starters I made I got him in this league. Pissed that I didn't get him in my money league this year (had him as a FA pickup last year); got sniped two picks before where I was about to take him.

trumpwrong.gif

giphy.gif

And this one too while we're at it.

giphy.gif

Eh, people always said things like this about A-Rod too. Maybe somewhat valid, I don't know. But let's be clear: You are not an objective messenger for a lot of this lol.
Perhaps, but I would have told you before he left D.C.

However I’ve had a close year on it. Perhaps I was standing to close to the elephant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom