• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haven't played the game in months but that new update looks good. Might need to give it another shot after all.

Macrotus

Monster Strike has been deleted from the Apple Japan App Store.
It seems Apple didn't like the serial code form.

I remember they changed where you enter the serial code from the Monster Strike app to their official website. But I guess Apple still wasn't happy about it.

超獣神祭 is going to start tomorrow and people seem to can't buy orbs for Gatcha.
So if Mixi can't manage to get the Monster Strike app on the App store again,
they will be losing a lot of sales, since theres loads of iPhone/iOS users here.

Here is an official announcement on the official website of them disabling the serial code feature 2 hours ago from the iOS version.
http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20150829_1.html

Macrotus

What was wrong with the serial code form? Is there some appstore rule?

Mixi hasn't announced any reasons, but I heard Apple has some really strict rules for the App Store.

Also free orbs! 10 free orbs!

Some people are asking for a free one time 5-star monster gacha lol

But I guess the people who are really pissed are the people who wanted to purchase orbs to re-fill stamina to do those Impossible dungeon that were available today.

Negator

Was rerolling a bit on my iPad and got a Nobunaga X, got sick of rerolling so I stopped. I haven't spent any more orbs besides the initial roll.

I tried to scam some 10 orbs by inviting myself on my android but I couldn't get it to work. Decided fuck it I'll just roll on the phone for shits and giggles, Belphegor and Merlin pop up.

Uhh. Unclear on how to proceed.

fek

Was rerolling a bit on my iPad and got a Nobunaga X, got sick of rerolling so I stopped. I haven't spent any more orbs besides the initial roll.

I tried to scam some 10 orbs by inviting myself on my android but I couldn't get it to work. Decided fuck it I'll just roll on the phone for shits and giggles, Belphegor and Merlin pop up.

Uhh. Unclear on how to proceed.
I would go with the second account if you didn't roll too much there. Belphegor is good evolved which is easy to do and whenever you can ascend Merlin she will be great too.
The thing going for Nobunaga X is that she is useful for Izanami, but if you plan on playing co-op you can just bring a farmable unit instead and people in the line group can help you. Of course it's possible to solo with a farmable team as well but that's hard if you don't know the mechanics of the quest very well.

Negator

I would go with the second account if you didn't roll too much there. Belphegor is good evolved which is easy to do and whenever you can ascend Merlin she will be great too.
The thing going for Nobunaga X is that she is useful for Izanami, but if you plan on playing co-op you can just bring a farmable unit instead and people in the line group can help you. Of course it's possible to solo with a farmable team as well but that's hard if you don't know the mechanics of the quest very well.

The account is literally rank 2 and fresh, so I think I'll transfer this account to the iPad. I went ahead and rolled a bunch on the primary account and that pretty much sealed the deal lol.

Welp. I guess I'm playing on my phone for now because I see absolutely nothing about account transferring.

Thanks for the help!

FZZ

Banned
Monster Strike has been deleted from the Apple Japan App Store.
It seems Apple didn't like the serial code form.

I remember they changed where you enter the serial code from the Monster Strike app to their official website. But I guess Apple still wasn't happy about it.

超獣神祭 is going to start tomorrow and people seem to can't buy orbs for Gatcha.
So if Mixi can't manage to get the Monster Strike app on the App store again,
they will be losing a lot of sales, since theres loads of iPhone/iOS users here.

Here is an official announcement on the official website of them disabling the serial code feature 2 hours ago from the iOS version.
http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20150829_1.html

Whoa so did it end up going back to the App Store after they updated it?

And what will they do about the serial codes now that they removed it? Go back to the older way which was in game?

Macrotus

Whoa so did it end up going back to the App Store after they updated it?

And what will they do about the serial codes now that they removed it? Go back to the older way which was in game?

Yeah, its back up on the App Store.
They might end up completely removing the serial code system.
Users are also suspecting that mixi might remove the whole friend invite system as well. (5 orbs per invite up to 110 friends)

An article was published yesterday about this .
http://www.4gamer.net/games/236/G023612/20150829014/

To summarise, there seems to be 4 reasons based on the article above.

1. Serial codes for friend invites is a violation of Apples Guidelines.
2. Manipulating the ranking on Apple Store(iTunes Store).
3. Giving silent approval to an external website to do endless re-roll and pad the number of downloads.
Specifically mentioned website is the following.
4. Doing nothing about "self invite services" and pad the number of downloads.

Above is what the article lists.

The article also says the following,
ミクシィに関してはかねてからApple(日本法人ではなくアメリカ本社筋)からの警告の多いデベロッパであったと,関係者への取材で明らかになっています。
mixi was well known to be receiving warnings many times from Apple HQ (not the Japan branch), which is from an insider source.

Yeah. I mean, I don't have an extra android or iphone around, but I wouldn't mind using the friend invite thingy and spamming it.

ALSO YO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME UNDINE SHOT METEORS FOR HER BUMP COMBO

Negator

Yeah. I mean, I don't have an extra android or iphone around, but I wouldn't mind using the friend invite thingy and spamming it.

ALSO YO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME UNDINE SHOT METEORS FOR HER BUMP COMBO

Good lord, I just started yesterday but whenever I see Undine on the helper list I Immediately use them because that shit is ridiculous, especially for a new player.

Edit: Looks like I got the Striker Jr. from the friend point thing, looked him up and he seems super not good, lol.

Edit2: Am I crazy or am I really getting 5 orbs for every new co-op player I meet? That sounds insanely generous.

fek

Good lord, I just started yesterday but whenever I see Undine on the helper list I Immediately use them because that shit is ridiculous, especially for a new player.

Edit: Looks like I got the Striker Jr. from the friend point thing, looked him up and he seems super not good, lol.

Edit2: Am I crazy or am I really getting 5 orbs for every new co-op player I meet? That sounds insanely generous.
You get 5 orbs for the first 10 new players you play with, after that it's 1 orb for the next 90 players.

The Striker Jr. is a long term project. He gets decent-high stats when he's completely maxed out through Morling fusing.

FZZ

Banned

It'll make sense once you realize how bad the rates are

Negator

You get 5 orbs for the first 10 new players you play with, after that it's 1 orb for the next 90 players.

Ah okay. I'm probably going to be investing in box space soon.

The Striker Jr. is a long term project. He gets decent-high stats when he's completely maxed out through Morling fusing.

I see. Is it going to be one of those things where you pull a bunch of dupes and just make him into a luck monster?

It'll make sense once you realize how bad the rates are

Can't be worse than FFRK's gacha. Impossible.

Should I save all my orbs for now? Or is this Extraordinary Enforcers hatcher pretty good? I alraedy got Belphegor out of it.

I see. Is it going to be one of those things where you pull a bunch of dupes and just make him into a luck monster?

Yeah, you get alot of him that he's one of the more long term-non grind luck monsters you can get.

And right now save orbs for the Lucy hatcher. Also always do a 10 pull since I think it's supposed to give you increased chances?

marrec

Banned
Can't be worse than FFRK's gacha. Impossible.

Should I save all my orbs for now? Or is this Extraordinary Enforcers hatcher pretty good? I alraedy got Belphegor out of it.

Oh you sweet summer child. Actually, it's not as bad as FFRK's so fair point.

I'd save and wait for Lucy who is presumably coming soonish, then again... I can never actually save and wait so go nuts.

And right now save orbs for the Lucy hatcher. Also always do a 10 pull since I think it's supposed to give you increased chances?

not really increased chances, just leaves you with less despair since you get them all at once instead of 4 star after 4 star, unless you end up with 10 4 stars

also, doing a 10-shot won't give you any crappy 3 stars lol

ReaperXL7

So I just recently started playing this (I played very briefly a long time ago but didn't have my information to regain my old account) and I'm not sure what I should do. When I first started I rolled Lancelot and Belphegor, and over the past couple of days I farmed for a 10 shot and got Valkyrie, Mundus and Athena.

Looking up the tier list it doesn't seem like these are worth much but at the same time I nabbed 5 5 star monsters within a week so I'm conflicted as to wether or not I should continue pushing with what I have or if I should start over. Anyone have any suggestions?

Game is a lot of fun though, I enjoy how active it is and the co op is a lot of fun as it's something I wish more mobile games did.

Shouta

Don't let the tier-lists fool you, you got some good pulls. It's more important to get a variety of monsters than it is to get 1 really good one. The 5 you have now should be good and let you get the drop stuff that leads into the best monsters.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I just recently started playing this (I played very briefly a long time ago but didn't have my information to regain my old account) and I'm not sure what I should do. When I first started I rolled Lancelot and Belphegor, and over the past couple of days I farmed for a 10 shot and got Valkyrie, Mundus and Athena.

Looking up the tier list it doesn't seem like these are worth much but at the same time I nabbed 5 5 star monsters within a week so I'm conflicted as to wether or not I should continue pushing with what I have or if I should start over. Anyone have any suggestions?

Game is a lot of fun though, I enjoy how active it is and the co op is a lot of fun as it's something I wish more mobile games did.
Tier lists are pretty old, you can use strikeshot.net for ranking points, and you want a variety of monsters. Best part is just being good is like 90% of the game.

Mundus is a great starting unit after you ascend him.

Macrotus

16 pulls during "cho-ju god festival (not sure how to translate it lol)",
and only 1 5 star hatcher... (JP version)
It was Deneb btw.

5 star rate seems really bad to me.
I don't think I'll be able to get Lucy again.

scottnak

16 pulls during "cho-ju god festival (not sure how to translate it lol)",
and only 1 5 star hatcher... (JP version)
It was Deneb btw.

5 star rate seems really bad to me.
I don't think I'll be able to get Lucy again.

Cho-jushinsai = Legends Series for NA version!

fek

You're really lucky. I personally haven't encountered Hakua yet.
Even if I do, I don't have the monsters to beat her =P

People run Extreme dungeons with Hakua in mind, so they run with 3 Lucies and Goku.
Just got her again and died on the boss stage. I even had a viable team for it this time..
CNuhV9_WgAATfe_.jpg:large

fek

Yeah she can show up on all of the normal extreme quests, and since there's no gimmick (other than revival) on her stage, you could technically beat her with any team
But she's kinda like Tsukuyomi where it's really nice if you can kill the mobs with one hit, so monsters with decent attack and high speed or monsters with speed up bump combo help a lot. She also has insane amounts of HP but takes more damage than regular from normal attacks so command SS is really good.

Macrotus

Just got her again and died on the boss stage. I even had a viable team for it this time..

You're seriously lucky.
I've still yet to encounter Hakua.

Oh btw, really jealous of your Lucy !
I have no source for orbs anymore. Not sure what to do now.
I think I've spent around 1000 orbs since I started playing. (from invites, every 10 bond meter completion giving 5 orbs, etc)
Still no Lucy probably means I won't get her .... /shrug
I really wish I've started with Lucy.

Top Bottom