• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Macrotus

welp, I was considering ditching my current account just to create a new account with Lucy,
but if this is the case, I guess I'll hold off on that. Because even if I get Lucy with re-rolls, I wouldn't be able to get some other decent hatchers to go with it if I don't have those invite orbs ... =(

marrec

Banned
Well crap, play store doesn't seem to have updated yet with the new version, but I can't get into the game without updating. :-/

fek

Morling update is up in JP, we will never need to fuse morlings again. The X version of the morlings give 500 atk / 17 spd / 500 hp.

Excko

I just downloaded this game, and in my first pulls, I got Ibaraki Doji, Apollo, Deluxpie and Wrathful Jabbanero.

Is this a good pull? Or should I reroll?

fek

I just downloaded this game, and in my first pulls, I got Ibaraki Doji, Apollo, Deluxpie and Wrathful Jabbanero.

Is this a good pull? Or should I reroll?
Depends on if you used a lot of orbs but I love Ibaraki so I would keep that. She's decent in evolved form so you can use her right away, but you will want to ascend her when you can.
Apollo will get an ascension in the future that makes her pretty good too.

fek

It's just that they removed the +'s from 5* drop monsters so you can't save a bunch of them and fuse together to double morlings anymore. But I think these new morlings still make it easier to hypermax, unless you were going for max luck

fek

The tower is back in JP and you can get the rewards again, so that's 100 orbs you could get in 2 months. If the event is really gonna be this frequent I think it's high priority to get ready for it.
Having played it before and getting a few monsters ready, this time I was able to clear it much faster in about 5 days. There are still many hard floors but for the last one Arthur makes it a lot easier
cLMdGPr.jpg

Scythian

Hi guys, I just started Striking, and I've got a few weeks with Mundus as my main monster, and I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it or if I should re-roll after all .__.

Also, can anyone add me to the LINE group if it's still active? ID: raullmeza

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hi guys, I just started Striking, and I've got a few weeks with Mundus as my main monster, and I'm wondering if it's worth keeping it or if I should re-roll after all .__.

Also, can anyone add me to the LINE group if it's still active? ID: raullmeza
Post your box for a better idea. Asc Mundus is very versatile luckily.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ah, thought you might have more since you said 'weeks'.
EVO Mundus, get Nanami up when you can. You want ascended versions of both of them.

Scythian

Ah, thought you might have more since you said 'weeks'.
EVO Mundus, get Nanami up when you can. You want ascended versions of both of them.

Well, weeks playing on and off, since school's taking up much of my time. I was wondering if I should reroll or hatch more, since I feel like my monsters aren't cutting it as I go through the single player levels.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well, weeks playing on and off, since school's taking up much of my time. I was wondering if I should reroll or hatch more, since I feel like my monsters aren't cutting it as I go through the single player levels.
You could reroll for Lucy when she comes out in 3-6 (?) weeks.

Scythian

You could reroll for Lucy when she comes out in 3-6 (?) weeks.

Would that not get absolutely frustrating eventually? I don't really look forward to rerolling (uninstalling, waiting 15 minutes for the files to download, tutorial) a lot of times for a specific monster. Do I have a chance of getting it otherwise?
Also that would mean discouraging playing for that period of time ;__;

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Would that not get absolutely frustrating eventually? I don't really look forward to rerolling (uninstalling, waiting 15 minutes for the files to download, tutorial) a lot of times for a specific monster. Do I have a chance of getting it otherwise?
Also that would mean discouraging playing for that period of time ;__;
Nah, that's why you get a profile manager like Titanium Backup so you can have multiple accounts.
Then with root access you just delete your two data files (instead of everything) and reroll + easy 50 orbs and try for her.

I'll have around 400 and don't think I'll get her FWIW.

*I forgot I still have some accounts to give away if you want. 7 5* monsters on it.

I know that i should be gathering orbs for Lucy but this Evo hatcher was too tempting.

Did 5 rolls: Liu Bei!, Beethoven! and three 4 stars (5* with this hatcher). DAMN!

Very happy, now have decent-to-strong monsters for each color: Liu Bei, Margarite, Yggdrassil, Beethoven and Eclipse (the suckiest of them all)

EDIT: 5 rolls, not 4.

Macrotus

The tower is back in JP and you can get the rewards again, so that's 100 orbs you could get in 2 months. If the event is really gonna be this frequent I think it's high priority to get ready for it.
Having played it before and getting a few monsters ready, this time I was able to clear it much faster in about 5 days. There are still many hard floors but for the last one Arthur makes it a lot easier

wow, congrats. You're probably one of the best players I know who play the JP version.
My friend who got me in to this game has been spending so much money that he has
2 lucies, 2 himiko, all collab monster and is struggling to between 20 and 30th floor.

Also some info on the JP version which might get implemented to other versions as well.
Today there was a 5.1 update.
It introduced a "beginners pack" which can be bought for 480 yen, which gives you a single Gatcha ticket thats guaranteed to give you a 6 star monster, 5 orbs and 6 EXP turtles.(one time only per account) This was probably implemented because they took away that 5 orbs per friend invite feature. So I'm suspecting it'll come to other regions too.

There is also another big feature called, 運極達成ボーナス (Max Luck achievement bonus).
The more maxed luck monsters you've made, the more bonuses you get.
It goes like this.

(The number on the left would be the number of monster you've maxed luck)

1....10 orbs
2....SS ready at start Lv.1
3....SS ready at start Lv.2
4....SS ready at start Lv.3
5....1 Hikari Murasame
6.... a chance for letting you continue without spending orbs Lv.1
7.... Lv.2 version of the above.

and it goes on till 50 maxed out monsters.
Whats cool imo is that at 30 maxed out monsters, you can get Hakua.
So if you weren't interested in maxing out monsters luck, maybe its a nice opportunity to start to get prepared for when this gets implemented in other regions.

I'll just add the source of my info, which is the official website, just incase anyones interested. (its in Japanese)
http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20150914_3.html
http://www.monster-strike.com/news/20150914_2.html

Scythian

So my phone just completely died last night and I have to start from freaking scratch ;__; , so is there any way to skip the initial download when I'm rerolling?

Haven't played this since the first 3 or so weeks of the global version's release and I'm completely lost right now on what I should be doing. I guess I should be trying to get some max luck character first, but I don't know how to go about doing that.

Are 4 star monsters worth keeping? I've read some people say to just keep Lotta, Chandra, and shield/drone breakers. Can I just get rid of everything else?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Haven't played this since the first 3 or so weeks of the global version's release and I'm completely lost right now on what I should be doing. I guess I should be trying to get some max luck character first, but I don't know how to go about doing that.

Are 4 star monsters worth keeping? I've read some people say to just keep Lotta, Chandra, and shield/drone breakers. Can I just get rid of everything else?
Pretty much unless they are asc mats for your units.

tief_blau

Neo Member

The most convenient way to max luck something now is to do the mythos series quests.
http://us.monster-strike.com/news/mythos.html
There's always a savage quest up (I think) that drops cthulhu vouchers so you can try to get some whenever you can and want to. The vouchers never go way so you can also play those at your leisure. With no max luck of your own, you'd probably want to play cthulhu until you max him since he's a guaranteed drop at the end (unlike dax and leah). This all goes faster if you have people to play with that can bring their max luck mons to get more drops. The gaf ms LINE group is still active and people are usually willing to help if they're there if you want to join (idk if you're in it). Plus the people there are hungry for affinity this week lol.

If you're still fairly low rank, you can do the normal quests so you can eventually get enough stamina to play extreme and impossible quests (izanami in two days woop).

Pretty much unless they are asc mats for your units.

The most convenient way to max luck something now is to do the mythos series quests.
http://us.monster-strike.com/news/mythos.html
There's always a savage quest up (I think) that drops cthulhu vouchers so you can try to get some whenever you can and want to. The vouchers never go way so you can also play those at your leisure. With no max luck of your own, you'd probably want to play cthulhu until you max him since he's a guaranteed drop at the end (unlike dax and leah). This all goes faster if you have people to play with that can bring their max luck mons to get more drops. The gaf ms LINE group is still active and people are usually willing to help if they're there if you want to join (idk if you're in it). Plus the people there are hungry for affinity this week lol.

If you're still fairly low rank, you can do the normal quests so you can eventually get enough stamina to play extreme and impossible quests (izanami in two days woop).
Thanks. I'll work on getting some vouchers for right now then.

Can I get an invite to the line group? id is bustermachine Edit: Done. Thanks!

fek

Romeo in the next series on 10/3. After that comes Goku and on the next one Sakura. Other decent monsters like Juliet and Tanpopo are in these as well.
Other than Lucy, it will be a while until we get other hatcher monsters as strong as these, in JP they are still top tier.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What units should I be looking at for tower clearing? I know I want an Arthur, Lucy, not sure what else.
Romeo in the next series on 10/3. After that comes Goku and on the next one Sakura. Other decent monsters like Juliet and Tanpopo are in these as well.
Other than Lucy, it will be a while until we get other hatcher monsters as strong as these, in JP they are still top tier.
I'm not sure how much to roll for Romeo, his SS needs to hit 4 units at least, but the Flight is pretty good. Especially with a speed up I could see it being really nice, but you'd want to enter on his turn which isn't always possible.

fek

What units should I be looking at for tower clearing? I know I want an Arthur, Lucy, not sure what else.

I'm not sure how much to roll for Romeo, his SS needs to hit 4 units at least, but the Flight is pretty good. Especially with a speed up I could see it being really nice, but you'd want to enter on his turn which isn't always possible.
Other than Arthur and Lucy, these hatcher monsters help a lot:
Sakura, Nobunaga/Himiko/Nasuka, Snow Bow/Uriel/Sinbad, Saigo/Chiyo and NGB monsters with anti-poison berry.
For drop monsters you need two Ashura, Basilisk that's coming with Romeo's series, and Kii/Mordred/Fire Wyrm depending on if you have Nobunaga/Himiko/Nasuka or not. Other than that the usual monsters that you will use for quests like 2 Kushinada, 2 Daikokuten, Bishamonten, Izanami.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Other than Arthur and Lucy, these hatcher monsters help a lot:
Sakura, Nobunaga/Himiko/Nasuka, Snow Bow/Uriel/Sinbad, Saigo/Chiyo and NGB monsters with anti-poison berry.
For drop monsters you need two Ashura, Basilisk that's coming with Romeo's series, and Kii/Mordred/Fire Wyrm depending on if you have Nobunaga/Himiko/Nasuka or not. Other than that the usual monsters that you will use for quests like 2 Kushinada, 2 Daikokuten, Bishamonten, Izanami.
Thanks a lot.
I have Snow Bow out of those. Fire worm and Kii. Yeesh.

fek

Fire Wyrm? Like the event monster thats used to ascend Odin fire wyrm?
Yeah, Fire Wyrm is useful for the 23th floor which is one of the hardests, you need Deity or Wood slayers, and even then you should use your SSs and then stall in literally every floor when possible. The monsters have a lot of HP and a big explosion like the one in Yamato, it does about 50k damage + a little more from their laser attack that's on the same turn, so you can stall if there's only one left and there are hearts on the map.

Yeah, Fire Wyrm is useful for the 23th floor which is one of the hardests, you need Deity or Wood slayers, and even then you should use your SSs and then stall in literally every floor when possible. The monsters have a lot of HP and a big explosion like the one in Yamato, it does about 50k damage + a little more from their laser attack that's on the same turn, so you can stall if there's only one left and there are hearts on the map.

Oooh gotcha.

Top Bottom