• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Servbot24

Banned
What's the point of taking what players say in pressers seriously. They're just trying to fill time or are telling themselves what they need to believe to get ready for the next game

Jarate

Banned
Lonzo Ball needs to go to the Sixers. It needs to happen, the basketball gods need to will it

Sam Hinkie died so we could have BIG BALLERS. You don't draft 3 centers in a row unless you want to be a BIG BALLER

DCO0Mn0VYAAmRJ_

👀

LionPride

Banned
2x NBA Champ

1x All Star

1x Finals MVP

1x NBA All-Defense 1st Team

1x NBA All-Defense 2nd Team

1x Gold Medalist in the Olympics

1x Gold Medalist in the Worlds

I think the lack of all star nods will keep him out tbh

Jarate

Banned
Iggy should've also been a slam dunk champ. Legit, that slam dunk contest stopped me watching for like 5 years. I was so fucking salty.

Iggy was a great #2 or #3 that was stuck being a #1 under mediocre Sixers teams and management. Iggy also came into the league at the wrong time.

I don't see him being a HOF'er though. He was always like a petty good player. He just had longevity due to his defense and shooting which became in vogue.

Tall4Life

Fultz working out for the Lakers doesn't really mean anything in regards to whether the Celtics will pass on him... No way would someone like Ainge tell him he's going to get drafted by them 100%, he has to instill in him that he has to earn it and that he isn't entitled to anything. Ainge is that kind of guy.

Fultz working out for the Lakers doesn't really mean anything in regards to whether the Celtics will pass on him... No way would someone like Ainge tell him he's going to get drafted by them 100%, he has to instill in him that he has to earn it and that he isn't entitled to anything. Ainge is that kind of guy.

Seems like an unnecessary risk if the C's really are locked in on Fultz. What happens if he seriously injures himself at a workout?

Sandfox

The thing about that though is promises prevent the player from working out in front of other teams in which he could get hurt or scouted.

Furyous

Bron needs more help this offseason. By help I mean unprecedented help in the form of say Paul George and young versatile players with potential on cheap deals or ready for their last shot.

KD to Boston should've happened but his victory celebration is just starting.

Bron needs more help this offseason. By help I mean unprecedented help in the form of say Paul George and young versatile players with potential on cheap deals or ready for their last shot.

KD to Boston should've happened but his victory celebration is just starting.

So LeBron needs not one but two top 10 SFs in order to win a ring?

smfh.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Geez. I'm watching the Lakers/Celtics game 4 from 1984 on ESPN and the skill level of todays players is soooo much higher. It's stunning. I think both the Warriors and the Cavs would beat either team in 5 or less. There really is no comparison. Shooting is much better. Ball handling is absurdly superior. Speed is greater. Passing. I could go on. We get caught up with nostalgia but when you actually sit down and watch a 33 year old game it hits just how far NBA players have come.

Geez. I'm watching the Lakers/Celtics game 4 from 1984 on ESPN and the skill level of todays players is soooo much higher. It's stunning. I think both the Warriors and the Cavs would beat either team in 5 or less. There really is no comparison. Shooting is much better. Ball handling is absurdly superior. Speed is greater. Passing. I could go on. We get caught up with nostalgia but when you actually sit down and watch a 33 year old game it hits just how far NBA players have come.

Nah the best part is seeing how lol the defense was and how little actions teams had to run to get good shots, single back screens and pin downs leading to wide open shots and then hearing all the old dudes now say how tough it was and how they all defended HARD!

otapnam

Iggy should've also been a slam dunk champ. Legit, that slam dunk contest stopped me watching for like 5 years. I was so fucking salty.

Iggy was a great #2 or #3 that was stuck being a #1 under mediocre Sixers teams and management. Iggy also came into the league at the wrong time.

I don't see him being a HOF'er though. He was always like a petty good player. He just had longevity due to his defense and shooting which became in vogue.

Those years in Denver where his game imploded don't help either

LionPride

Banned
People couldn't fucking dribble with their left

Like Magic Johnson and Clyde Drexler and damn near every one else couldn't dribble with their left

Defense was fucking abysmal

Set plays, also fucking abysmal because a lot didn't have to be drafted up to combat that shitty ass defense that was just standing around and holding thr fuck outta someone and then giving them a lariat if they came to the rim too many times

Tom Penny

People couldn't fucking dribble with their left

Like Magic Johnson and Clyde Drexler and damn near every one else couldn't dribble with their left

Defense was fucking abysmal

Set plays, also fucking abysmal because a lot didn't have to be drafted up to combat that shitty ass defense that was just standing around and holding thr fuck outta someone and then giving them a lariat if they came to the rim too many times
Bird had a 47 point triple double were he scored 20 with his left hand on purpose because he was bored. I'm guessing he could dribble with it.

Tom Penny

Speaking of old timers. Hakeem is my favorite non Celtic. He's 8th alltime in steals as a center lol the next closest center was the Admiral at 57th with like 600 less. Of course he's the alltime block leader to boot.

Top Bottom