• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Fork

brucewaynegretzky said:
I'm prepared to get flamed, but I just don't see what's so "amazing." This is like that episode of How I Met Your Mother where Marshal is like "O my god celebrities buy groceries! I buy groceries too!" Why wouldn't a celebrity use the internet like anyone else? I'll admit Zelda seems like a nice enough person, but I just don't see why it is so amazing that she uses the internet. I guess I see the whole "You don't get to talk to celebrities everyday" aspect, but no one here is really having any sort of conversation with her. Even if they were, I'm still not sure just talking to another human being is really that extraordinary. Threads like this always creep me out a little bit. Normally I wouldn't say anything and just ignore it, but my filter didn't kick in until I was about two sentences in and at that point I was committed.

All that said, I do like the commercial. I'll be buying it on Sunday.
It's not that hard to figure out. People like celebrities who are down to earth, especially if they're female, pretty and geeky at the same time AND lurk Gaf. There aren't many people that fit that description (that we know of). A random gaf poster managed to get the attention of Robin Williams daughter via some fetish-like duck marriage joke thing. It's crazy, creepy, and awesome all in one. If people can't appreciate how cool that is then I don't know what to tell them. And gaf isn't just "the internet" it's definitely a place people go who are a bit different than just your average celebrity that goes online.

Dyno

Zelda, welcome to GAF. Now would you please share your insight and skill-rate your dad's ability in Call of Duty multiplayer. Does he have mad skills or is he a headshot magnet?

LiK

Angry Fork said:
It's not that hard to figure out. People like celebrities who are down to earth, especially if they're female, pretty and geeky at the same time AND lurk Gaf. There aren't many people that fit that description (that we know of). A random gaf poster managed to get the attention of Robin Williams daughter via some fetish-like duck marriage joke thing. It's crazy, creepy, and awesome all in one. If people can't appreciate how cool that is then I don't know what to tell them.
Zelda has a sense of humor unlike some Gaffers here who immediately think everyone is being creepy.

LiK said:
Zelda has a sense of humor unlike some Gaffers here who immediately think everyone is being creepy.

To be fair I never said anyone was creepy. I said I get creeped out a little. I'm the type of person who can't sit through an episode of E! or Entertainment tonight or whatever because I find it kind of sad. I tried to explain how I kind of get some people's initial attraction, but I just don't see the "amazing" factor that some people are getting here. No disrespect to any individual Gaffers was meant.

StuBurns

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
To be fair I never said anyone was creepy. I said I get creeped out a little. I'm the type of person who can't sit through an episode of E! or Entertainment tonight or whatever because I find it kind of sad. I tried to explain how I kind of get some people's initial attraction, but I just don't see the "amazing" factor that some people are getting here. No disrespect to any individual Gaffers was meant.
No disrespect to Zelda, but I wouldn't say she was a celebrity. I don't think that's why people think it's cool she made a duck joke either, it's that she looked at the thread and decided to comment on it.

Trurl

Banned
Aw mang, I used my post earlier in this thread to respond to a troll instead of doing something awesome like Chinner. Lesson learned.

Eradicate

friskykillface said:
lmfao what a thread , just read the Zelda twitter thing :O haha

M80zk.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I think Zelda sat in the row behind me and my wife at the SW Ep 3 employee screening but I can't remember for sure. I know her dad was behind us sitting next to George chatting with him.

Wow, I take back what I said before about being ashamed of GAF.

Hey Zelda, if you're reading this, go contact Reggie and tell him to bring out Xenoblade and Last Story for North America.

El Sloth

Banned
This thread...

I don't know what's going on anymore. It certainly started out innocent enough.
EmCeeGramr said:
you know this thread was super-creepy as all get out but then it kinda became coo'
EmCeeGramr said:
alright this thread is right back around to totes creeptacular gj guys
This has been my reactions reading this thread.

Edit: To echo previous sentiments in the thread: Bicentennial Man was a great movie.

M-PG71C

I will pay Zelda $100 to go kick Reggie in the balls. Paypal and all. The man needs it for not bringing Xenoblade and The Last Story Stateside.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, WOMAN! I can dream, right? :D

That was a...interesting commercial. Only in Europe, eh?

boiled goose

good with gravy
M-PG71C said:
I will pay Zelda $100 to go kick Reggie in the balls. Paypal and all. The man needs it for not bringing Xenoblade and The Last Story Stateside.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, WOMAN! I can dream, right? :D

That was a...interesting commercial. Only in Europe, eh?

and another code R
and Disaster
and last window.

All these games are already in English.

heringer

People calling other people creepy are the real creepies for taking some jokes so seriously and get all serious because there's a famous chick reading the thread. Apologizing to Zelda for GAF's behaviour? Oh, c'mon, heh.

To quote our lovely princess:

Zelda Williams said:
I may be wrong but it seems like dorks/geeks are usually easy-going, fun & have a sense of humor. Nerds? They take life WAY to seriously.

Gravijah said:
5SdUR.png

ALTTP Zelda is pretty awesome.

Pfft a goddang impostor is what that is.

THIS is the REAL ALTTP Zelda:

Alinkttpastzelda.png

...I like the newer one more :p

Edit: She could sign up for membership and it will still take 5 months for her to get approved lol

what the hell did i miss?! Robin Williams' daughter lurks here? no wai!

Zelda tell your awesome dad to add me on PSN (same username) if he wants to cause a person to die from being starstruck :D seriously! i won't ever spam him or anything. it would be the coolest thing ever to see xXxMastaSniperRobin51xXx or whatever join message pop up every now and then. my mind would be continually blown.

boo if he doesn't have a ps3 though! BOO. he can afford all platforms dammit.

M-PG71C

amtentori said:
and another code R
and Disaster
and last window.

All these games are already in English.

Amen to all those games, truly! NOE is a far better branch, by far. They'll be getting my support from here on out.

Eradicate

heringer said:
People calling other people creepy are the real creepies for taking some jokes so seriously and get all serious because there's a famous chick reading the thread. Apologizing to Zelda for GAF's behaviour? Oh, c'mon, heh.

To quote our lovely princess:

Zelda Williams said:
I may be wrong but it seems like dorks/geeks are usually easy-going, fun & have a sense of humor. Nerds? They take life WAY to seriously.

F79cF.jpg

This commercial just has to come to North America. Look at what everyone has been through so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom