• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

GhaleonEB

NPD has not released yet. Please don't fill this thread with bullshit from known sources of bullshit.

Edit: And stop quoting the bullshit.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am not expecting meltdown but thread is definitely gonna be filled with lot of salty post when/if MS wins.

vpance

I am telling you guys the sheer fact that there has been radio silence from them means they won. No early damage control.

Yeah I can see that. They saved up all their PR ammo for Dec to unleash it against Sony in one shot like a massive spirit bomb.

Blanquito

The McKenzie brothers go with X, barely.

Megamapleleafton

Edit: No one's paying attention. LOL. Great White North went Green in Nov. Seriously. No way US doesn't too.

Haha, thanks for the additional line. I was very confused for a long time about what you were saying.

[Edit] Just goes to show how dense I can be sometimes :/ [/edit]

A XBO win is all but a guarantee but its by how much.

With the deals and price slash they need to dominate November and take a sizeable chunk out of that 1m lead in the US the PS4 has. Anything less then a 200k-300k gap (if it sells 1 million total) will be a disappointment.

QaaQer

A XBO win is all but a guarantee but its by how much.

With the deals and price slash they need to dominate November and take a sizeable chunk out of that 1m lead in the US the PS4 has. Anything less then a 200k-300k gap (if it sells 1 million total) will be a disappointment.

I'm still banking on a 1.8:1 x1:ps4 ratio. This is the time of year that presents are bought, x1 offers market distorting value, and parents are super price sensitive. So yeah, nearly 2:1.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Hi Guys,

Whilst I'm aware this thread is no longer accepting predictions I just want to share with you what I think the results will look like for PS4 and Xbox One.

This is a prediction that I've been working with based off previous NPD data as well as data from other sources.

[PS4] 1120k
[XB1] 1380k

I think the gap between the two will be around ~260k with Xbox One ahead due to the price cut + bundles. I know this prediction is very high but what I'm trying to show is that the PS4 will be behind Xbox by around 260k units.

inbit

Banned
This month should be pretty interesting because I don't think it's crystal clear which console won, at least according to Amazon;

2. XBone (AC bundle)
11. PS4 (GTA / TLoU bundle)
31. PS4
48. PS4 (Destiny bundle)
79. PS4 (Lego Batman / LBP bundle)
82. XBone (AC bundle w/ kinect)
100. XBone (CoD bundle)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-11/videogames

The AC bundle clearly sold extremely well, but the PS4 BF bundle didn't exactly flop.

BriGuy

I'm still banking on a 1.8:1 x1:ps4 ratio. This is the time of year that presents are bought, x1 offers market distorting value, and parents are super price sensitive. So yeah, nearly 2:1.

Microsoft wouldn't withhold such a massive sales coup. We may not have gotten exact numbers, but you can bet your life they would be shouting a 2:1 advantage from the rooftops at the end of November if it had come to pass.

Most of us fully expect MS to have taken the month, but the silence leads many of us to believe the difference isn't worth trumpeting about.

Jomjom

Banned
Guys, the question is no longer IF, the question is BY HOW MUCH.

Well there it is, PS4 victory is out the door.

Since there were some people who for some reason were still hoping/thinking there might be a chance. There was no chance the moment MS announced that $349 price.

TalonJH

I am not expecting meltdown but thread is definitely gonna be filled with lot of salty post when/if MS wins.

I think you missed that the thread thinks that MS won and that if they didn't, it would be a surprise.

The question is by how much and if not...how could they not of won?

Raist

Banned

4081572-good_luck_mor0jdl9.gif

EatMyFace

Banned
I'm tired of waiting for NPD so I've prepared two posts in advance.

1. Not surprising. XBO had great deals this holiday. Would have expected them to win by more though.

2. Wow! Even with all those XBO deals, PS4 still managed to win? There's no stopping this beast!

Anth0ny

1. Not surprising. XBO had great deals this holiday. Would have expected them to win by more though.

2. Wow! Even with all those XBO deals, PS4 still managed to win? There's no stopping this beast!

haha so true

allow me to add:

3. Poor Wii U

Mikey Jr.

Essentially.

Daviii

This

Top Bottom