• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD January 2012 Sales Results [Up2: MW3 Sales, (Down ~50% Over BLOPS, But Still #1)]

This is actually the first time Skylanders is in the top 10. It was number 11 back in October. Is it because of supply constraints? I haven't really noticed. Or maybe it's because of word-of-mouth, or because other holiday releases dropped off, like AssCreed and Batman.
Actibliz sold over 20 million skylanders WW to date, and yes there are a lot of supply constraints.

Glad to see Saints Row The Third up there. I guess the US economy is effecting the console and software sales?

Not really.
It's more that we're like 6 years in and there's really nothing huge coming out.

Looks like Michael Pachter is questioning the integrity of the NPD data:

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...12/02/sales-of-video-games-fall-in-january-/1

"I don't know if the NPD is getting faulty data, but these numbers make no sense."

"It doesn't match the numbers that I made up, so they must be wrong!"

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The fact Zumba Fitness 2 only appeared once on Rentrak's weekly top 10, and at no. 10, while Zumba Fitness 1 appeared every 3 weeks above it seems to go against the NPD monthly top 10.

Yeah, it unfortunately should put a nail in the coffin about Rentrak reliability, I think :(

The fact Zumba Fitness 2 only appeared once on Rentrak's weekly top 10, and at no. 10, while Zumba Fitness 1 appeared every 3 weeks above it seems to go against the NPD monthly top 10.
First week on January should have the biggest sales of the month. Can't use a monthly chart(with no numbers) to validate a weekly chart(with no numbers) since the overall volume of weekly sales will change.

Would have been nice to see some more correlation though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Abload.de just does not load for me in here, and it's not an adblock issue either - can't see the software sales no matter how many times I refresh.

Even after opening it and watching the picture separately, it doesn't load in the thread.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I'm proud of you, Saint's Row. (playing that baby right now)

Good to see Mario Kart up there, though not that surprising. Still sulking over the sadness of having my save corrupted :/

Mr Swine

Banned
I'm starting to wonder how bad PS360 sales are going to get next year when the Wii U is out. Seeing how all 3 are selling worse and worse is probably making MS and Sony push for the panic button. I wonder of they will release their next gen consoles faster but not being as powerful as it should have been

Zero148

Very nice to see Saints Row in the top ten, it is a really fun game. Also good for Mario Kart, this game and Mario revived the 3DS for me and made me carry it with me every day, so every sale is more than deserved. And I can see Mario Kart have very long legs (as usual for the Mario Kart series since the DS version). I hope we get 3DS numbers soon.

Road

First week on January should have the biggest sales of the month. Can't use a monthly chart(with no numbers) to validate a weekly chart(with no numbers) since the overall volume of weekly sales will change.

Would have been nice to see some more correlation though.
I know, but then SM3DL should have easily charted above Zumba Fitness 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers between the two trackers are wildly different (at least compared to what we see in Japan).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm confused as to what all this doom and gloom is about. There was literally nothing noteworthy that came out in this months NPD. When sales go tick back up over the next couple months people will be clamoring that they don't need new consoles.

I'm confused as to what all this doom and gloom is about. There was literally nothing noteworthy that came out in this months NPD. When sales go tick back up over the next couple months people will be clamoring that they don't need new consoles.

The doom and gloom comes from ps3/wii combined sales. Those are abysmal. An aggregate of 52% drop is alarming.

Top Bottom