• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2011 Sales Results [Update5: Most HW in, Infamous 2]

C4Lukins

I am surprised that the HD twins have not pushed harder to get their systems out there through non traditional means. Making them standard cable boxes for instance for various cable providers. You charge 10 extra bucks a month, force people to sign into a two year contract, boom you are looking at millions more 360's and PS3's out in the wild. I mean there is just so many ways to sell these consoles outside of including them with high priced television sets as Sony has done or with PC's through student discount programs as MS has done.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
MeBecomingI said:
Actual game updates, which I have agreed with on a previous post as being intrusive and annoying, can be an unfortunate problem, I agree. However, the speed at which they download are entirely dependent on the users connection. I have never had an update take 20 minutes to download and install, generally because my connection is fairly fast. Each console approaches this task differently. Unfortunately, Sony made a stupid decision and made automatic patching a Plus only feature, so a lot of people miss out on it. I have automatic patching, so I really have no problem with the game updates now, but I can understand it being a problem for people. I give credit to Microsoft, they did a great job with patching and deserve a lot of praise for it.
Greatest deterrent against impulse purchases. If it takes someone 20 minutes to get back online, then they already failed. I still think having the store separate from the OS is foolish move on the business side.

C4Lukins said:
I am surprised that the HD twins have not pushed harder to get their systems out there through non traditional means. Making them standard cable boxes for instance for various cable providers. You charge 10 extra bucks a month, force people to sign into a two year contract, boom you are looking at millions more 360's and PS3's out in the wild. I mean there is just so many ways to sell these consoles outside of including them with high priced television sets as Sony has done or with PC's through student discount programs as MS has done.
lol, you think these machines are reliable enough to run 24/7? Most cable boxes never get turned off, especially with DVR.

DatBreh

Banned
MeBecomingI said:
Yes, you can update at your convenience. The system does not automatically direct you to the System Update selection, nor force you to update at that very moment. Because you still have the option to play something on your PS3, listen to music, watch videos and other things, you have the convenience of updating whenever you feel the need too. Yes, there are mandatory updates, and you are stuck updating regardless to get online features, but you still have access to your console and a wide variety of features without having to update.

If there is a mandatory update you cannot play an online enabled game until you update, that is unless you pull out the ethernet cord so it wont recognize there is an update. You also can not watch Netflix which is a function a lot of people with PS3s use. If the Blu-Ray you want to play can connect to the internet then you cant watch that movie unless you update or go back into settings and turn that connectivity off. If i have a gaming console and cannot play most games without updating then pretty much i am forced into updating. Dont tell me that because i can still listen to music or look at pictures that i can update at my convenience when i cannot perform the intended function of the gaming machine.

If i have a car and cant use the steering wheel i dont think being able to listen to the radio or turn on the AC will suffice.

C4Lukins

bigtroyjon said:
lol, you think these machines are reliable enough to run 24/7? Most cable boxes never get turned off, especially with DVR.

Not an expert on the issue.

But my 360 and PS3 have been running constantly for years at some level now. Something is powering that little red light on my PS3 and my 360 is constantly charging something at all times. Also cable boxes do not run constantly typically if you leave them on, and go into their own sleep modes after a certain amount of inactivity. I am dealing with three different cable boxes across two different providers right now, and they all suck, and I do not imagine they are nearly as powerful as a PS3 or 360. We are talking ten minute reboot times sometimes when they glitch out. So if a 360 or PS3 was used as a cable box with additional programming of course to make them run at an optimal level in such a mode, I bet they would be quite superior to what at least most of us Americans are using these days. Not sure about the rest of the world. And again I am no expert on the technology involved here.

Paracelsus

Duxxy3 said:
$249 seems most likely - maybe a pack in game thrown in

A 249€ pack-in is what a friend retailer told me, while 299€ goes to the 320gb PS3, iirc. They already got the notice from Sony.

C4Lukins said:
Not an expert on the issue.

But my 360 and PS3 have been running constantly for years at some level now. Something is powering that little red light on my PS3 and my 360 is constantly charging something at all times. Also cable boxes do not run constantly typically if you leave them on, and go into their own sleep modes after a certain amount of inactivity. I am dealing with three different cable boxes across two different providers right now, and they all suck, and I do not imagine they are nearly as powerful as a PS3 or 360. We are talking ten minute reboot times sometimes when they glitch out. So if a 360 or PS3 was used as a cable box with additional programming of course to make them run at an optimal level in such a mode, I bet they would be quite superior to what at least most of us Americans are using these days. Not sure about the rest of the world. And again I am no expert on the technology involved here.
Not only are you not an expert on the subject but you don't really seem to have a basic understanding on how these things work.
Hereis an article discussing how dvr boxes in America don't have a sleep mode and it also provides some info on how they work.

Cygnus X-1

_Alkaline_ said:
The 3DS situation reminds me so much of the PS3.

Too high price, not enough games, predecessor still strong as ever?

Yeah, agreed. I would add that 3DS can't be easily be distinguished by the general public. NOA marketing was till not really, really bad.

C4Lukins

bigtroyjon said:
Not only are you not an expert on the subject but you don't really seem to have a basic understanding on how these things work.
Hereis an article discussing how dvr boxes in America don't have a sleep mode and it also provides some info on how they work.

Ok so you have proven that cable boxes suck up a ton of energy. And that I am ignorant to certain aspects of cable distribution, something I admitted to a couple of times and will do again, and there was no need to be a complete cunt while confirming something I admitted to being ignorant to.

So why again can PS3's and 360's not be cable boxes? Your very link does not distinguish why this is a problem, but moreso why these companies, that currently provide cable access, do not give a shit.

You have one link that opposes a belief that I had, that cable boxes went into sleep mode and in such a mode they consume less power. That article says yes it is semi true but in reality they suck a whole fuck load of energy nonetheless. So LOL, why again could the 360 or PS3 not be that dick sucking ass hole?

C4Lukins

_Alkaline_ said:
The 3DS situation reminds me so much of the PS3.

It reminded me of the DS. Where it launched with shit, and everyone assumed it would fail. I actually do think the 3DS is going to fail, but I also thought the Wii would fail. And the PS3 after its first year of pathetic sales.

I guess it was a long time ago for many of us, but the DS was originally not a success. And the PSP did great numbers when it was released.

As I recall, the DS was this ugly looking system with a Metroid demo and Meteos for most of its first year. And it took the DS Lite to really get it going. I am not sure that this same philosophy may not work now, but you cannot ignore that it took Nintendo a year to work it out, and once they did, well they kicked all sorts of ass.

C4Lukins said:
As I recall, the DS was this ugly looking system with a Metroid demo and Meteos for most of its first year. And it took the DS Lite to really get it going. I am not sure that this same philosophy may not work now, but you cannot ignore that it took Nintendo a year to work it out, and once they did, well they kicked all sorts of ass.

It might work, but probably not to the same degree, it's definitely worth waiting until next year before it is judged.
One thing to think about is Nintendo have been announcing a new handheld software platform every 3 years on average, going all the way back to the Game Boy Color. If the 3DS underperforms as a platform they may drop it for something different sooner than people think.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Graphics Horse said:
It might work, but probably not to the same degree, it's definitely worth waiting until next year before it is judged.
One thing to think about is Nintendo have been announcing a new handheld software platform every 3 years on average, going all the way back to the Game Boy Color. If the 3DS underperforms as a platform they may drop it for something different sooner than people think.
Hopefully they bring back the Game Boy brand. They haven't tarnished that yet.

bigtroyjon said:

The 360 can already be used at this very moment for ATT U-Verse despite whatever issues there could be. The thing is you use your current 360, they don't provide one for you (actually that may be wrong, the wording is kind of weird).

"Xbox 360® and U-verse TV
Exclusively from AT&T U-verse — you can now watch U-verse TV using your Xbox 360.

No monthly fee required
Requires U-verse TV for Xbox 360 Kit (one-time $99 fee)
Works using your existing Xbox 360 and provides the same U-verse TV Experience
Access to your favorite U-verse features:
Total Home DVR — set, manage and playback your favorites recordings
U-verse TV interactive applications
Extensive On Demand library and Pay Per View events
Access to Xbox 360 Chat & Messaging features while watching U-verse TV (additional equipment required, available separately)
Switch seamlessly between game mode and TV mode without switching video inputs
For more details and to see if you qualify, don’t forget to ask the technician on the day of your installation appointment."

Taken from my u-verse plan options.

edit: I should note when I ordered service and got U-verse installed they made no mention of the option being available at all and I ended up with a normal set top box. So it's available but apparently not pushed, from my experience.

C4Lukins

Graphics Horse said:

I pretty much agree with you, I was just makng the argument that a lot of us were wrong before. And was just making the point that the DS went from bomb to one of the biggest things ever. I still think it is sort of doomed, and Nintendo fucked up. But these initial sales do not tell us much.

SkylineRKR

The DS was still something new that initially didn't appeal to the masses but once it did people went bonkers over it.

The 3DS is basically the same device as the DS, but with the added 3D gimmick and better graphics. The double screen and touch isn't anything new this time around. So if people get crazy over a 3DS Lite in the near future, it must be something like the 3D causing it.

You could say the same about Vita. Its a pumped up PSP from the outset. But the Vita seems to be the first handheld that can actually deliver graphics, gameplay and netplay that is quite identical to the current generation of consoles. I wonder how that will work out.

Shinobi

3DS - 143,000
DS - 386,000

That discrepency is almost hilarious. I always figured 3DS was a year too soon. DS was still doing plenty well enough that it seemed like Nintendo was just jumping the gun for the sake of it to me.

Then again I thought the same thing about DS vs GBA too, so take that as you will.

BriareosGAF said:
Unless you're Sega, eh?

Depends...Genesis certainly proved that rule as well.

As did Gameboy, NES, and PSX. Yeah, I know Saturn had a four month headstart over PSX in North America, but it wasn't much of a head start in the grand scheme of things, it was a limited scale launch completely out of the blue, and it came with a higher price tag. They didn't even bother to match PSX's $299 till about 8 weeks after launch, and that became the theme for the next couple years. Sony held the hammer on price and Sega could never get close to them as a result.

And that's the one thing some people miss, and something I stated many years ago was the reason I never bought into the idea that PS3 would just steamroll over "XBox 2" whenever it dropped. As much as anything else, holding the hammer on price is what guarantees success. Not just a price that's as low or lower than the competition, but controlling when the price drops occur, and designing a console where the costs are easier to lower in a quicker fashion over time.

The Dreamcast (which is obviously what you were referring to) is really the exception to the rule, and Sega having limited money to market the system versus the juggarnaut that was PS2's wave of hype (what E3 2000 was like compared to what was potrayed by the mainstream media was startling) and get certain third party publishers and games on board (along with the bad rep from previous hardware failiures) hardly helped their cause.

BTW, for those that once again launched at Microsoft's E3 showing and talked about how out of touch they were, or how boring and predictable they were, and that 360 was coming to it's end...where ya at? As I already talked about, E3 2000 showed me that what happens at that show really doesn't mean a hill of beans when it comes to the public swarth, and since then I've never put any stock into it's importance when it comes to consumers. First and foremost, it's a trade show for the retail space....and the only thing retailers wanted to know is that MS was going to continue to aggressively back the Kinect boxes still sitting in their warehouses and store windows. Everything else is background noise.

gogogow

noobie said:
i am sure PS2 was less than $200 when PSP original launched at $250.
Somebody can confirm it. :)
Price history PS2:

10/26/2000 US$299.99 LAUNCH
05/14/2002 US$199.99 30 Million
05/13/2003 US$179.99 50 Million (Jan 2003)
05/11/2004 US$149.99 70 Million - PSP NA Launch 03/24/2005 US$249
04/20/2006 US$129.99 100 Million (Nov. 2005)

onipex

SkylineRKR said:
The DS was still something new that initially didn't appeal to the masses but once it did people went bonkers over it.

The 3DS is basically the same device as the DS, but with the added 3D gimmick and better graphics. The double screen and touch isn't anything new this time around. So if people get crazy over a 3DS Lite in the near future, it must be something like the 3D causing it.

You could say the same about Vita. Its a pumped up PSP from the outset. But the Vita seems to be the first handheld that can actually deliver graphics, gameplay and netplay that is quite identical to the current generation of consoles. I wonder how that will work out.

Hardware and features will not matter much. Games will dertermine how things work out. The DS craze started when the great software came out. DS had a good mix of just about everything and sold to non-gamers with titles like Brainage. If the 3DS takes off it will be because of software and the same is true for the Vita.

SkylineRKR

3DS sales will ofcourse increase when Nintendo sees Mario, Pokemon and the likes. But I doubt if its success is going to be remotely close to that of the original DS. People know those non-games and double screen things already. The non-games usually made good work of those 2 features the DS offered. It wasn't being done before at that time. That must've kicked in greatly as well.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
gogogow said:
Price history PS2:

10/26/2000 US$299.99 LAUNCH
05/14/2002 US$199.99 30 Million
05/13/2003 US$179.99 50 Million (Jan 2003)
05/11/2004 US$149.99 70 Million - PSP NA Launch 03/24/2005 US$249
04/20/2006 US$129.99 100 Million (Nov. 2005)
The 360 is still so expensive on comparison.

Koren

SkylineRKR said:
Usually, graphics on portabe don't matter much, and gameplay from home console doesn't sound too good for me on a portable. I'm not even sure that netplay is really so usable on a portable.

That being said, I own a 3DS, I'll most probably buy a Vita near launch, and I have no clue about what could happen. I just think that the home console > portable argument isn't the key, but rather the games and the right games for a portable.

I hope personally that both platform will get some success.

NavNucST3

cr_blah_blah said:
The 360 can already be used at this very moment for ATT U-Verse despite whatever issues there could be. The thing is you use your current 360, they don't provide one for you (actually that may be wrong, the wording is kind of weird).

"Xbox 360® and U-verse TV
Exclusively from AT&T U-verse — you can now watch U-verse TV using your Xbox 360.

No monthly fee required
Requires U-verse TV for Xbox 360 Kit (one-time $99 fee)
Works using your existing Xbox 360 and provides the same U-verse TV Experience
Access to your favorite U-verse features:
Total Home DVR — set, manage and playback your favorites recordings
U-verse TV interactive applications
Extensive On Demand library and Pay Per View events
Access to Xbox 360 Chat & Messaging features while watching U-verse TV (additional equipment required, available separately)
Switch seamlessly between game mode and TV mode without switching video inputs
For more details and to see if you qualify, don’t forget to ask the technician on the day of your installation appointment."

Taken from my u-verse plan options.

edit: I should note when I ordered service and got U-verse installed they made no mention of the option being available at all and I ended up with a normal set top box. So it's available but apparently not pushed, from my experience.

When I looked into this plan you still needed a DVR somewhere else in the home and the 360 was simply an extender.

onipex

SkylineRKR said:
3DS sales will ofcourse increase when Nintendo sees Mario, Pokemon and the likes. But I doubt if its success is going to be remotely close to that of the original DS. People know those non-games and double screen things already. The non-games usually made good work of those 2 features the DS offered. It wasn't being done before at that time. That must've kicked in greatly as well.

Non-games existed long before the DS hit the market. Same way pet sims were around before Nintendogs and fitness games were around before WiiFit. Just being something new does not lead to great sales. The two screens help lead to great ideas but the sales didn't rocket until those ideas hit the stores.

The Gameboy line was pretty much the same thing and was successful. Adding color, more power, and then folding is not really what sold the later models. That is similar to adding cameras,power, and 3D to the DS.

The success of the 3DS relies on games alone. If people thought it had enough good games to buy it for $250 then more people would be buying it. There are very few that are going to be sold on just the 3D even if we were at the height of the 3D craze. If Nintendo fails to release software with the impact that DS games had the 3DS will fail to reach DS numbers.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
gogogow said:
Price history PS2:

10/26/2000 US$390 LAUNCH
05/14/2002 US$260 30 Million
05/13/2003 US$235 50 Million (Jan 2003)
05/11/2004 US$195 70 Million - PSP NA Launch 03/24/2005 US$325
04/20/2006 US$170 100 Million (Nov. 2005)
Adjusted figures for inflation.

SkylineRKR

Koren said:
Usually, graphics on portabe don't matter much, and gameplay from home console doesn't sound too good for me on a portable. I'm not even sure that netplay is really so usable on a portable.

That being said, I own a 3DS, I'll most probably buy a Vita near launch, and I have no clue about what could happen. I just think that the home console > portable argument isn't the key, but rather the games and the right games for a portable.

I hope personally that both platform will get some success.

Vita, with its tech, transfarring and control setup is likely trying to reach out to those console gamers who usually turned a handheld down. What I've read about Vita's online infrastructure is that it seems to one up the Ps3's online with things like party chat and community feel in general. Thats got to mean something for its possible online capabilities.

If Sony goes for the right games for a portable, they really have no chance against household name Nintendo who's leading this market for 20 years and has that amount of experience under its belt. Sony instead goes with the things Nintendo does not offer; graphics on par with HD consoles, full fledged multiplayer and network, console worthy controls...

Its still far from us and might turn out to be wholly different, but I'd love to be able to continue my progress and level in a multiplayer game like CoD on a handheld when I don't have access to my console. That would draw me in.

Burai

shitonmychest57
SkylineRKR said:
Vita, with its tech, transfarring and control setup is likely trying to reach out to those console gamers who usually turned a handheld down. What I've read about Vita's online infrastructure is that it seems to one up the Ps3's online with things like party chat and community feel in general. Thats got to mean something for its possible online capabilities.

If Sony goes for the right games for a portable, they really have no chance against household name Nintendo who's leading this market for 20 years and has that amount of experience under its belt. Sony instead goes with the things Nintendo does not offer; graphics on par with HD consoles, full fledged multiplayer and network, console worthy controls...

Its still far from us and might turn out to be wholly different, but I'd love to be able to continue my progress and level in a multiplayer game like CoD on a handheld when I don't have access to my console. That would draw me in.

Would you be willing to double-dip for that facility though? $60 is a lot for most consumers to spend on a game, let alone $120 just so they can transfar.

Again, we're back at the same problem the PSP had when trying to sell software. Consumers only have so much money. They aren't going to double-dip so either your home platform version suffers or your portable version suffers.

I can't be the only person who bought a PSP and then struggled to justify buying much software for it due to the fact that in most cases a superior home console version was available for a similar price.

Hazelhurst

Majine said:
Sony isnt going to have a 199 dollar PS3 when they are launching the 249/299 dollar Vita.
If 2004 is any indication, Sony has no problem with their main console being much cheaper than their newly releasing portable.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sage00 said:
Adjusted figures for inflation.

Inflation adjustment doesn't always make sense. Certain things have price inflation more than others. There are items that cost $1 in 1970 where the equivalent item costs $1 today, there are items that cost $1 in 1970 where the 2011 price is on pace with dollar inflation, and there are items that cost $1 in where the 2011 price has outpaced inflation.

In addition, inflation reflects the change in prices of the indexed items on the CPI, not the change in real world purchasing power parity. In other words, just because a good was $100 in a certain year, and $100 from that year is $200 today, does not imply that it's similarly difficult for the average person to buy. In some cases and for some people, wage growth eclipses inflation while in other cases it does not.

I'm sure you know all of this, but I just wanted to warn that it doesn't make sense to take 1995 prices or 2000 prices or 2002 prices and then try to compare them to 2011 prices using solely inflation, without respect to other important parameters.

EagleEyes

OldJadedGamer said:
I don't ever recall seeing so many worldwide numbers being posted in media create threads or PAL threads. Hmmm....sounds like plenty of people still have a chip on their shoulder at the 360 being so successful this gen.

SkylineRKR

Burai said:
Would you be willing to double-dip for that facility though? $60 is a lot for most consumers to spend on a game, let alone $120 just so they can transfar.

Again, we're back at the same problem the PSP had when trying to sell software. Consumers only have so much money. They aren't going to double-dip so either your home platform version suffers or your portable version suffers.

I can't be the only person who bought a PSP and then struggled to justify buying much software for it due to the fact that in most cases a superior home console version was available for a similar price.

I'm not sure how this is going to work out. But, I'd likely double dip for a multiplayer game I am really addicted to, and if it works good on Vita. And I think a Vita game won't cost you more than 40. But its still expensive if you have to double dip, yes.

Its true that one of the PSP's downsides was that it initially offered not much more than handheld versions of old console games. Problem was that these games weren't adjusted for handheld usage and combined with dreadful load times were not ideal to play.

But with the likes of Peace Walker I think they finally got it right. PW's byte sized missions made it a very fine, yet still very big handheld game. One I effortlessly sank 30 hours into. The load times and lack of a RS were the only issues I had, and the Vita is supposed to fix those.

Shiggy

wazoo said:
game devs will not offer you a free Vita version along their ps3 version.

But who the hell would buy those games twice apart from a few NeoGAF users that also buy RE and OoT five times?

Kafel

Banned
wazoo said:

StepUp3ThreeDiscComboPack_Bluray3DBlurayDVDDigitalCopy.jpg

wazoo said:

And since this is almost certainly true, what's the actual Vita pricing going to be for multiplatform titles? I have a very difficult time imagining that publishers of 360/PS3/Vita titles will be eager to charge a full third less on Vita for a port that's (in theory) identical to the console versions, aside from a few subtle technical downgrades.

duk

Banned
if sales of 360 keep up like this, then there is no reason to drop the price this year, they'll keep on giving away gift cards or other stuff instead

MDX

Shinobi said:
That discrepency is almost hilarious. I always figured 3DS was a year too soon. DS was still doing plenty well enough that it seemed like Nintendo was just jumping the gun for the sake of it to me.

Then again I thought the same thing about DS vs GBA too, so take that as you will.

Nintendo didnt launch 3DS because the DS was doing bad.
They launched it to add a premier high end DS model.
They will slowly replace the 3DS as the main DS brand over time.

The sales are fine.

Loonz

MDX said:
Nintendo didnt launch 3DS because the DS was doing bad.
They launched it to add a premier high end DS model.
They will slowly replace the 3DS as the main DS brand over time.

The sales are fine.

A reply with some sense, which unfortunately is quite rare here at NeoGAF (it should be called NeoCRAZE :p).

Father_Brain said:
And since this is almost certainly true, what's the actual Vita pricing going to be for multiplatform titles? I have a very difficult time imagining that publishers of 360/PS3/Vita titles will be eager to charge a full third less on Vita for a port that's (in theory) identical to the console versions, aside from a few subtle technical downgrades.

Here lies one of the main problems the Vita might encounter in the future. Let's say you have a PS3 and a Vita and want to play GAME X: PS3 version is 60$, Vita 40$. They're essentially the same game: same features, almost identical graphics. Chances are that the PS3 version of the game suffer in sales, as it is more expensive, and most
sane
people DO NOT BUY THE SAME GAME TWICE OR TRICE. 60$ brings in more revenues than 40$, so this means the publisher might be shooting themselves on the foot by releasing the same game on both consoles at the same time.

It will be interesting how they sort this out. In the case of PSP, most of its early games reused assets from its PS2 counterparts but in some sort of a new package, or so to speak. But that didn't worked out fine in the end.

Vita will need something new to have some success outside forums like this, "refritos" from PS3 / 360 I don't think it will cut it. The 3DS will need them as well, hopefully both Sony and Nintendo can pull them out.

wazoo said:
They won't but they'll package the digital version for Vita with the PS3 version for a small increased cost. Maybe charge around $80 for both.

pharmboy044 said:
They won't but they'll package the digital version for Vita with the PS3 version for a small increased cost. Maybe charge around $80 for both.
that won't sell, I really don't expect DD on PSV to gain any widespread use for retail games, at least not until they come up with a model with a high capacity internal storage or the proprietary flash cards to be even cheaper than regular SD. PSV launch model won't have any internal storage, and relies on proprietary storage cards. The problem is that a16 GB Sony PRO memory card costs 50$, 32 GB model more than 100$, even SD isn't cheap at half the price. How many PS3 to PSV ported games do you think can be fit in a 16GB card? MGS 3DS will use a 4 GB cartridge, it should give you the idea.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Loonz said:
A reply with some sense, which unfortunately is quite rare here at NeoGAF (it should be called NeoCRAZE :p).
Even Nintendo admits 3DS situation isn't good.

3DS a high-end DS model? pffft

BurntPork

Banned
Loonz said:

Here lies one of the main problems the Vita might encounter in the future. Let's say you have a PS3 and a Vita and want to play GAME X: PS3 version is 60$, Vita 40$. They're essentially the same game: same features, almost identical graphics. Chances are that the PS3 version of the game suffer in sales, as it is more expensive, and most
sane
people DO NOT BUY THE SAME GAME TWICE OR TRICE. 60$ brings in more revenues than 40$, so this means the publisher might be shooting themselves on the foot by releasing the same game on both consoles at the same time.

It will be interesting how they sort this out. In the case of PSP, most of its early games reused assets from its PS2 counterparts but in some sort of a new package, or so to speak. But that didn't worked out fine in the end.

Vita will need something new to have some success outside forums like this, "refritos" from PS3 / 360 I don't think it will cut it. The 3DS will need them as well, hopefully both Sony and Nintendo can pull them out.
You're forgetting that PSV game cards will only hold up to 4GB at launch, which will affect content.

Cheech

What is going to be HILARIOUS is when Pokemon 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, etc. launch and THOUSANDS of caregivers buy them for their kids' DSis and DS Lites.

Nintendo is in spitting distance of being fucked. The 3DS is a surefire bomb, and the Wii U does not instill confidence. I think the Vita is going to die as well, but at least the PS4 should be pretty good.

Top Bottom