• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2011 Sales Results [Update5: Most HW in, Infamous 2]

Cheech said:
What is going to be HILARIOUS is when Pokemon 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, etc. launch and THOUSANDS of caregivers buy them for their kids' DSis and DS Lites.

Nintendo is in spitting distance of being fucked. The 3DS is a surefire bomb, and the Wii U does not instill confidence. I think the Vita is going to die as well, but at least the PS4 should be pretty good.
No, your post is HILARIOUS. They are games that sell 1million+ at least (Zelda OoT being a port, sold 300K in two weeks), thousands of angry people will amount to less than % of the whole buyers. What percentage of people do you think are that stupid?

SkylineRKR

All Nintendo's software is moved on to 3DS already, I don't believe in third pillars. This is the successor to the DS and if it would initiate a nuclear strike at launch Nintendo would've killed off the DS right away.

3DS Sales were officially below Iwata's expectations. Selling below expectations doesn't have to be awful, but it can never be really fine either.

Cheech

walking fiend said:
No, your post is HILARIOUS. They are games that sell 1million+ at least (Zelda OoT being a port, sold 300K in two weeks), thousands of angry people will amount to less than % of the whole buyers. What percentage of people do you think are that stupid?

Well, they paid $40 for a 13 year old remake. You tell me.

szaromir

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Seems like they would keep that trump card for another moment.
I wonder if we can expect price drops in Europe, where it isn't doing so well. 360 250GB is €199, which is much better than the usual 1$ => 1€ conversion for video game hardware, but I'd love to see it even cheaper. I want to replace my 360 (early 2006 model) and €249 for 250GB + Kinect would be a sweet deal.

TheOddOne

szaromir said:
I wonder if we can expect price drops in Europe, where it isn't doing so well. 360 250GB is €199, which is much better than the usual 1$ => 1€ conversion for video game hardware, but I'd love to see it even cheaper. I want to replace my 360 (early 2006 model) and €249 for 250GB + Kinect would be a sweet deal.
I think we will see temporary pricedrops during the holidays, but I don't expect a permanent pricedrop on all models.

beast786

TheOddOne said:
Huh? 360 has had healthty sales for a while now.

My point was regarding calling a price cut as a trump card.

I am not sure if the company thinks of price cut as a trump card. Price cut means losing money.

I already believe 360 is already at a sweet spot until the next MS console with lower model at 199.

TheOddOne

beast786 said:

I am not sure if the company thinks of price cut as a trump card. Price cut means losing money.

I already believe 360 is already at a sweet spot until the next MS console with lower model at 199.
A pricedrop is a big deal for all companies, they might not call it a "trump card" but thats how I refer to a pricedrop.

fernoca

If anything, we'll just see more bundles.
Microsoft's releasing a Gear 3 bundles for $400, but with 320HDD and 2 of those "new digital pad" controllers. Same as last years Reach $400 bundle, but with more stuff.

So they'll probably add more stuff to the $200 bundle (like the usual 2 games), change the 250GB for 320GB; probably change the controllers too. Throw in a few games, probably add Kinect Sports to the Kinect bundles (now with the Kinect Sports 2 been released).

While the prices stay the same. As was posted earlier, even with a $200 console, the ones that cost more are the ones selling better.

Unless the upcoming new PS3 models receive a $100 discount and sales show that too.

szaromir

Banned
beast786 said:

Looking at the differences in pricing between the US and EU, it appears prices reflect the value perception of people living in the area than the cost of hardware itself (to an extent obviously). 360 350GB is $299 and PS3 costs the same, meanwhile in Europe PS3 costs €269 and 360 250GB costs €199. I suspect both manufacturers have some room to lower the prices, but probably keep them at current level as they're at optimal point between profits per console and total number of consoles sold.

As a consumer though I wouldn't call the current pricing the sweet spot, I hope the optimal point will be at a lower price point sooner than later.

TheOddOne

Holidays are always packed with discounted stuff, special offers etc. All the big three will do it, but don't expect a permanant pricedrop. Maby next year.

A pricedrop is a big deal for all companies, they might not call it a "trump card" but thats how I refer to a pricedrop.
it is really complicated.

you need to know
- (obviously) how many more consoles they will sell because of this
- how much profit they will have on every console itself they will sell.
- how much their brands doing strong is important to them
- how many games will be sold on each new device and how much profit they expect to gain from each game sold
- how much they will spend on accessories and services
- how much it will effect their future pricing strategies
- etc

50$ per console is really a lot for short term profit, if it sells even 10 million more, it will amount to 500$ direct lose of profit, and even if 5 million of those sales are result of the price drop, they should be able to make 100$ out of each one to compensate for the loss.

SkylineRKR

I don't get it either. Why drop the price if the sales are stellar? They can sit back and keep the price at current level. From that point and pricing on (= close to the sweet spot and cheaper than competition), a price drop would be an indication of weakness. Something wouldn't be right if they needed it from there.

If the Wii U comes and apparently eats 360 sales, then they can do something about it.

About Europe, don't know what MS can do here. No country besides the UK really cares much about the 360 it seems. They have been cheap for ages over here, as much as 200 euros cheaper than the Ps3 and still selling worse. Its not that they aren't trying, Kinect was heavily promoted and all CoD promotion goes to MS too.

BurntPork

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
Mid-2012, to spoil Wii U's launch.

I can see MS shaving $50 of their high end SKU if Sony price drops this year though.
Considering the fact that Wii U will likely launch at $300 with no hard drive, cutting the price to "spoil" the launch would be pretty useless. Downright stupid, actually.

Shinobi

Cheech said:

Heh...

I don't buy the "3DS is a high end DS" thing. Since when did Nintendo deal in high end? Besides, hasn't Nintendo's contention for years been to keep the consoles and SKU's simple for the consumer? Wouldn't a "high end DS" fly in the face of such a belief?

From where I'm sitting, 3DS was a pre-emptive strike at the increasingly real threat of iOS. Which I understand, but I still think it was a year too soon. The issues with 3DS are well documented, and surely another year in R&D could've ironed some of those out.

BurntPork said:
Considering the fact that Wii U will likely launch at $300 with no hard drive, cutting the price to "spoil" the launch would be pretty useless. Downright stupid, actually.
All I'm saying if they're going to drop, better to do it then. Sony should probably go sooner though.

From where I'm sitting, 3DS was a pre-emptive strike at the increasingly real threat of iOS. Which I understand, but I still think it was a year too soon. The issues with 3DS are well documented, and surely another year in R&D could've ironed some of those out.
3DS will be OK as long as concepts are OK and as long it doesn't put a bad taste and reputation in mouth of the mainstream by the end of the year.

Battery is not enough? Screen is not big enough? 3D sweet spot is narrow? Internal Storage is not enough?

They are ALL fixable when the next revision comes out. If you think 1 year more of R&D would have been enough to fix at least some of them, you may expect them to release the next revision early 2012.

---
what is not fixable:

screen resolution is low? 3D is gimmick even in sweet spot? lack of second analog is issue? not being able to run UE3 is an issue? clamshell design is out of date? Multitouch is a must?

The point is that most of them are either basic design decisions (lack of analog, clamshell design or multitouch) or are not fixable much by R&D over the course on 1 year (raw power of the similarly priced cpu/gpu doesn't increase much year to year - like not more than 30%; screen resolution should follow as well; which would really matter when they are competing with PSV with seemingly several times more powerful hardware)

In any case is a 3DS XL inevitable. And I would wait for that to hit the stores.
fixed it for you. You expect 3DS to become even more smaller?

Very good post. I think in the long run it will be profitable, but yeah most companies will take a loss during the initial pricecut.
thanks. But I think it is not even long term profitable allways. You shouldn't dump the industry just because you can sustain the lose. It is much like app games, there's a reason Iwata is so against every game being 1 dollor, it devalues the whole industry. Selling your consoles too cheap while their value is actually more, will devalue your brand/hardware. Nintendo has been somehow tackling with this, even though they didn't dump their consoles and has always been selling them at a profitable price, but since DS is so dirt cheap, everyone expected 3DS to be so cheap; on the other hand since PS3 was so expensive, everyone is so happy PSV being this cheap. While 3DS vs PSV value may not be THAT different to call the former overpriced and the latter underpriced.

SkylineRKR

Shinobi said:
Heh...

I don't buy the "3DS is a high end DS" thing. Since when did Nintendo deal in high end? Besides, hasn't Nintendo's contention for years been to keep the consoles and SKU's simple for the consumer? Wouldn't a "high end DS" fly in the face of such a belief?

Its almost deliberately, launching a handheld with obvious shortcomings.

Remember the GBA? Everyone and their dog noticed that you could hardly see a thing on its screen. Did they really overlook such a vital thing during the test phase or were they being cheap asses? That thing was wrecked on arrival and they weren't in a rush to beat any competition. Then there was the original DS...

Fun fact is that regarding consoles, they are the only ones that never come up with a redesigned model.

In any case is a 3DS lite inevitable. And I would wait for that to hit the stores. Software is also in place by then as is a possible lower price point. Thats where the sales should begin to rocket.

FoxSpirit

Loonz said:
A reply with some sense, which unfortunately is quite rare here at NeoGAF (it should be called NeoCRAZE :p).

Here lies one of the main problems the Vita might encounter in the future. Let's say you have a PS3 and a Vita and want to play GAME X: PS3 version is 60$, Vita 40$. They're essentially the same game: same features, almost identical graphics. Chances are that the PS3 version of the game suffer in sales, as it is more expensive, and most
sane
people DO NOT BUY THE SAME GAME TWICE OR TRICE. 60$ brings in more revenues than 40$, so this means the publisher might be shooting themselves on the foot by releasing the same game on both consoles at the same time.

It will be interesting how they sort this out. In the case of PSP, most of its early games reused assets from its PS2 counterparts but in some sort of a new package, or so to speak. But that didn't worked out fine in the end.

Vita will need something new to have some success outside forums like this, "refritos" from PS3 / 360 I don't think it will cut it. The 3DS will need them as well, hopefully both Sony and Nintendo can pull them out.

What will really make the Vita is the PSN titles. It will be easy to make smart little games which work on PS3/360 and the Vita for a good price. Plus you get android crossovers from PsSuite. And games make sales.
Sure, no Mario but you get an Uncharted. When kids see that I promise some jaws will drop.

Plus you have no clue how good games will look on Vita. Really, a good OLED is pretty impressive and the size is pretty large. I so wish for a full resolution hand-pixelated game for my Galaxy S-II but with the heterogenous smartphone market that unlikely. But on Vita I'll get games that are 100% adjusted to be displayed on that screen.

Artworks look stunning, you'll see.

reKon

Banned
I very late to this, but why are people surprised about the 360 numbers when you get a free xbox 360 when you buy a PC?

ShockingAlberto said:
Except for the times they did.
Yes indeed!

nes2.jpg

snes2.jpg

pikachu%20n64.jpg

walking fiend said:
I believe neither Wii nor Gamecube had console revision. Wii only got different game bundles and controllers, so practically all the wii consoles are the same.
GameCube had an internal revision around the time of the $99 pricedrop. It removed the 2nd Serial port and Digital AV out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Wii revision down the line. Maybe drop the GCN ports/playback for cost cutting, with a redesigned "rounded" case to match Wii U, for $99 in 2012 or later. Wii would make an easy transition to mainstream budget platform, it's practically already treated like one anyway

lunchwithyuzo said:
Yes indeed!

pokemonconsole.jpeg
that is SO cute and adorable and eatable! why don't they release more of these consoles :((

GameCube had an internal revision around the time of the $99 pricedrop. It removed the 2nd Serial port and Digital AV out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Wii revision down the line. Maybe drop the GCN ports/playback for cost cutting, with a redesigned "rounded" case to match Wii U, for $99 in 2012 or later. Wii would make an easy transition to mainstream budget platform, it's practically already treated like one anyway
that internal revision (as I understand it) is minute compared to revision we have seen this HD gen, even much less impactful than PS2 -> PS2 slim revision.

walking fiend said:
that internal revision (as I understand it) is minute compared to revision we have seen this HD gen, even much less impactful than PS2 -> PS2 slim revision.
Sure, it was just small cost-cutting measures. PS2 had something like 10 internal revisions, 360 and PS3 have each had a ton too. Different design philosophies.

SkylineRKR

I called it 3DS Lite for lazy purposes. XL might indeed be more appropriate (bigger battery will be a given?) although I doubt we'll see an attached name this time. But who knows.

None of those hardware revisions by Nintendo are really comparable to a Ps3 slim and 360 S ofcourse. The Pokemon N64 is a bit akin to the FFXIII branded Ps3's etc.

I'm fairly certain that at least here in Europe we never got a Ps3 slim or 360 S ish console revision by Nintendo. Internally perhaps, but not such makeovers. The Megadrive and Master System both had a vital one back in those days, even the CD add-on for that matter. Saturn too.

DatBreh said:
If there is a mandatory update you cannot play an online enabled game until you update, that is unless you pull out the ethernet cord so it wont recognize there is an update. You also can not watch Netflix which is a function a lot of people with PS3s use. If the Blu-Ray you want to play can connect to the internet then you cant watch that movie unless you update or go back into settings and turn that connectivity off. If i have a gaming console and cannot play most games without updating then pretty much i am forced into updating. Dont tell me that because i can still listen to music or look at pictures that i can update at my convenience when i cannot perform the intended function of the gaming machine.

If i have a car and cant use the steering wheel i dont think being able to listen to the radio or turn on the AC will suffice.

I already know you can't play an online enabled game... and I understand your point, but the fact that you can update when you feel necessary (which can be because of time, even) provides the user a form of convenience, which was my point to begin with. You may not find it convenient that you can't play an online enabled game, but another may find it convenient that they can still listen to music, look at pictures or watch videos; which is just as much of a function of the PS3 as anything else is. The system does not force you update at that very moment there is a mandatory update, which can provide a form of convenience for someone without the time to update. I am stating that there is convenience, because people can find it in different ways.

Secondly, your comparison to a car can be used to support my point as well. Like I said above, people find convenience in different ways. If the car has been rendered useless because the steering wheel does not work, or ran out of gas, or the tires blew or something, someone may still find it convenient that they can use the AC and listen to the radio, allowing you to make some use of the car. See?

shintoki said:
Greatest deterrent against impulse purchases. If it takes someone 20 minutes to get back online, then they already failed. I still think having the store separate from the OS is foolish move on the business side.

Agreed, it is a deterrent. However, some people prefer having sales and purchasable items separate from the XMB when they turn the console on. Some people like having a sale or purchasable item right in front of them the minute they turn the console on, like the dashboard.

Burai

shitonmychest57
MeBecomingI said:
Secondly, your comparison to a car can be used to support my point as well. Like I said above, people find convenience in different ways. If the car has been rendered useless because the steering wheel does not work, or ran out of gas, or the tires blew or something, someone may still find it convenient that they can use the AC and listen to the radio, allowing you to make some use of the car. See?

"Shit, my car won't start. I'm going to be late for work, and I can't afford to get it repaired. Ah well, the radio still works. And the air con can blow cool air into my face whilst I sit here listening to music. In my stationary vehicle. How convenient! Thanks Ford!"

But, really, comparing a product's user experience to a car with a major mechanical fault that renders it immobile and trying to paint that as a positive could well be the worst defence of a poorly designed product I've ever read.

3DS is in a bad situation but i'm not willing to completely write it off. Maybe things will look a little different after a holiday season, mario kart and mario 3DS (and hopefully a price cut).

I have no expectations of its sales exploding like the DS but i don't think it's as doomed as people are making out.

I think one of the biggest mistakes they made with the 3DS was pokemon. This is without a doubt nintendos biggest IP in the handheld space and it alone guarantees the platform it's on some relevance.

However they only just released B/W so it seems as though pokemon is going to arrive too late (not as late as say GT5 but still too late).

I also don't like the strategy of trying to let 3rd paties have room. They need to get their big IP's onto the platform to spur HW sales. Once they do this then they can give 3rd parties some room (like on the DS).

AdventureRacing said:
I also don't like the strategy of trying to let 3rd paties have room. They need to get their big IP's onto the platform to spur HW sales. Once they do this then they can give 3rd parties some room (like on the DS).
This.
Really what were they thinking, this seems so obvious! The only reason with which I can explain what they did, is that they thought 3DS will sell a lot regardless of them releasing a game or not. How much has it sold by now, 3 million?

AniHawk

Burai said:
"Shit, my car won't start. I'm going to be late for work, and I can't afford to get it repaired. Ah well, the radio still works. And the air con can blow cool air into my face whilst I sit here listening to music. In my stationary vehicle. How convenient! Thanks Ford!"

But, really, comparing a product's user experience to a car with a major mechanical fault that renders it immobile and trying to paint that as a positive could well be the worst defence of a poorly designed product I've ever read.

but what if you had to be somewhere because if you didn't show up with the money, they were going to off your cousin, but you didn't really like your cousin because he's a huge dick anyway and you didn't want to not show up because that would be a dick move on your part, but at least the car doesn't start now so you have a perfectly valid reason not to be there on time or even at all. and because it's hot out that day and you want to take your mind off it, you just crank the ac and listen to some tunes. sounding pretty awesome now, isn't it.

[Nintex]

MDX said:
They launched it to add a premier high end DS model.
The sales are fine.
If only they did launch that, it would've been selling gangbusters. Right now, they launched... well something. I'm not sure how to describe it, a clusterfuck would be the most fitting. Now that third party games are getting cancelled left and right we're looking at a Saturn really.

Cheech said:

No, the remake is new. The game is 13 y.o.
And judging by the sales (at least 600k worldwide in few weeks), Nintendo saw right; the game will sell well at least until the end of the year, since it's one of the unmissable game on the console and it's still well advertised.

[Nintex] said:
If only they did launch that, it would've been selling gangbusters. Right now, they launched... well something. I'm not sure how to describe it, a clusterfuck would be the most fitting. Now that third party games are getting cancelled left and right we're looking at a Saturn really.
it is getting a better 3rd party support than either DS or Wii. Don't be so pessimistic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Something about Zelda's result.
I've searched on VGSales.wikia and old posts on a sales topic of another forum,2005's ones,when there were great leaks of datas,not from VGC,obviously...and Zelda is a great sign for thing to come on 3DS.
Here's the reasons.
First of all: Phantom Hourglass' numbers.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_September_2007

It was released on 1st October,and September NPD ended on 6th October.
So,6 days counted.
220k in six days.
The next months, it obtains to do a few more,260k.
Instead, Zelda OoT 3D did almost 300k in 14 days.
So it is reasonable to say that OoT did similar to PH in the same number of days.
And DS, in 2007, was already at millions of install base, not at just over 800k.
Unfortunately, I think we haven't numbers for main Zeldas on home console, except for Twilight Princess,but with Wii and GC versions combined...
And it's right that this is the remake of the most beloved Zelda's game of all time,but 300k in two weeks on a just released platform is something absolutely big, especially in comparison with PH.
But not only.
GTA: Liberty City Stories on PSP, out in October, on a much bigger install base, and with the brand GTA, better than the Zelda's one, did 150k the first month... and 200k in the second month.
So, Zelda did far better than both two best months of GTA.
And then...Mario Kart

http://www.gamezone.com/news/item/nearly_half_of_mario_kart_ds_owners_play_via_wi_fi_in_first_week

112k in its first week,and about 232k at the end of the month.November,with Black Friday included.
So, Zelda in two weeks did better than its majesty Mario Kart DS, now at 20 millions at counting!
So, what all these datas mean? Not that OoT will do better than MKDS, obviously
That not only, as we know, Nintendo's name has grown a LOT in terms of popularity during this gen, but also that this rise is stabilized, and more important, that it will be present on 3DS.
This is the response to who says that Mario and Mario Kart 3D could do nothing to save 3DS because on DS and Wii there was the Blue Ocean, while on 3DS it is not present at the moment, and that also Gamecube had them, but they didn't save the Cube.
300k of Zelda in two weeks mean that Nintendo's popularity is at its highest, and that Mario 3D and Mario Kart will probably bring the blue Ocean due to their massive names on 3DS this Christmas.
And for those who can legimately think that Zelda won't have legs due to the install base,because it can't make people buy the console

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0NEK6BP760VE9NSD87DR

O___O

And I think there are no strange deals for Zelda, such as the ones that brought FlingSmash on top20 on Amazon,to say.
Last week, it was third.

Hell, I fear no PSP game ever debuted on NPD with 300k sold. Correct me if I'm wrong

Mpl90

Eh,after my post I remembered about them XD
However,my point still stays

Zelda is going to sell, because it probably is the best game ever remake on a system that has almost no other notable game at the moment. It won't be really helpful to compare it to how Phantom Hourglass did. And in Japan, it isn't doing as good as in US, probably because some other good games released there on the system as well (Professor Layton, One Piece, Tales of the Abyss, Resident Evil Mercenaries). It isn't doing nearly as good in UK either, however I don't know why it is not selling there much, maybe because it's just not that popular?

walking fiend said:
Zelda is going to sell, because it probably is the best game ever remake on a system that has almost no other notable game at the moment. It won't be really helpful to compare it to how Phantom Hourglass did. And in Japan, it isn't doing as good as in US, probably because some other good games released there on the system as well (Professor Layton, One Piece, Tales of the Abyss, Resident Evil Mercenaries). It isn't doing nearly as good in UK either, however I don't know why it is not selling there much, maybe because it's just not that popular?

Or maybe because the installed base is much lower in UK than in the US proportionally speaking?

test_account

XP-39C²
Mpl90 said:
GTA: Liberty City Stories on PSP, out in October, on a much bigger install base, and with the brand GTA, better than the Zelda's one, did 150k the first month... and 200k in the second month.
Liberty City Stories came out in June 2006. Do you have any source for those sales numbers by the way? They sound right, but i tried to look for them before i saw your post, but couldnt find them :/

Does anyone know what´s the BOM for 360 and PS3?

Edit: The 3DS is fine. It´s making Nintendo a bucket load of money because of the price. Even when 3DS is selling between 100k to 200k, Nintendo is still making a lot of money.

Mpl90

test_account said:
Liberty City Stories came out in June 2006. Do you have any source for those sales numbers by the way? They sound right, but i tried to look for them before i saw your post, but couldnt find them :/

LCS came out in America on 25th October 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Liberty_City_Stories

You are probably confusing it with PS2 numbers.
For the source of my numbers: as I said earlier: it's a thread on another forum.
This thread was created in 2005 and still stays nowadays,so there are still posts of 2005,when NPD was giving only charts with no numbers (Ehi, this reminds me somehing!),but there were far bigger leaks.

October Hardware Sales

PS2 = 252,000
Xbox = 110,000
GCN = 102,000
GBA = 208,000 (approx)
DS = 136,000 (approx)

October Top 25 Software Sales

US Top 25 Videogame Titles
Rank Title Publisher

Rank Title Publisher
1 PS2 SOCOM 3: US NAVY SEALS Sony
2 PS2 NBA LIVE 06 Electronic Arts
3 PSP GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES Take 2 Interactive
4 PS2 MADDEN NFL 06 Electronic Arts
5 PS2 DRAGON BALL Z: BUDOKAI TENK Atari
6 GCN POKEMON XD: GALE OF DARKNESS Nintendo
7 PS2 FIFA SOCCER 06 Electronic Arts
8 PS2 THE WARRIORS Take 2 Interactive
9 PS2 SOUL CALIBUR III Namco
10 PS2 TONY HAWK AMERICAN WASTELAN Activision
11 PS2 SLY 3: HONOR AMONG THIEVES Sony
12 XBX FAR CRY INSTINCTS Ubi Soft
13 XBX NBA LIVE 06 Electronic Arts
14 PS2 SHADOW OF COLOSSUS Sony
15 PS2 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 06 Electronic Arts
16 PS2 ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN Activision
17 XBX MADDEN NFL 06 Electronic Arts
18 PS2 MORTAL KOMBAT:SHAOLIN MONKS Midway
19 PS2 X-MEN LEGENDS II: ROA Activision
20 PS2 BLITZ: THE LEAGUE Midway
21 XBX THE WARRIORS Take 2 Interactive
22 GCN MARIO SUPERSTAR BASEBALL Nintendo
23 XBX BATTLEFIELD 2: MODERN COMBA Electronic Arts
24 PSP MADDEN NFL 06 Electronic Arts
25 NDS CASTLEVANIA : DAWN OF SORROW Konami

Source: The NPD Group/NPD Funworld, POS

http://multiplayer.it/forum/console...hivio-fonti-nel-primo-post-9.html#post3769507

Top 10 HandHeld software US (ottobre):

1.PSP GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES 7,872,589 158400
2.NDS CASTLEVANIA : DAWN OF SORRO $2,651,889 76,635
3.NDS NINTENDOGS: DACHSHUND & FRI $1,899,162 61,945
4.PSP MADDEN NFL 06 2,746,960 56290
5.NDS NINTENDOGS: LABRADOR & FRIE $1,441,089 46,984
6.GBA POKEMON EMERALD $1,546,350 44736
7.NDS NINTENDOGS: CHIHUAHUA & FRI $1,205,205 39,334
8.PSP MARVEL NEMESIS:RISE IMPERFC 1,505,373 30394
9.PSP NBA LIVE 06 1,459,013 29513
10.GBA BRATZ : ROCK ANGELZ $774,159 26701

http://multiplayer.it/forum/console...ivio-fonti-nel-primo-post-10.html#post3773435

qualche dato SW USA
Battlefront 2 - 914000: ps2 (447k) e xbox (467k)

handheld
1- Nintendogs 3 versioni >225000
2- Mario Kart DS 222408
3- GTA LCS 208181
4- Star Wars Battlefront 2 >100000

There are 23 games which sold 100k+ so divided between the various platforms

13 PS2
4 360 (call of duty, madden, Need for speed, Perfect Dark)
2 PSP
1 XBX
2 NDS
1 GCN (Mario party 7)

http://multiplayer.it/forum/console...ivio-fonti-nel-primo-post-17.html#post3852874

Here's the sources.
I've translated the last quote for the eccessive presence of italian

Funny to see that the highest seller on DS was the first Castlevania!
Easily understable why Konami chose to bring other 2 episodes of the series... It must have been always satisfied with the numbers on the console. 76.000 units in a month are not bad.

test_account

XP-39C²
Mpl90 said:
LCS came out in America on 25th October 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Liberty_City_Stories

You are probably confusing it with PS2 numbers.
For the source of my numbers: as I said earlier: it's a thread on another forum.
This thread was created in 2005 and still stays nowadays,so there are still posts of 2005,when NPD was giving only charts with no numbers (Ehi, this reminds me somehing!),but there were far bigger leaks.
Ah, i actually checked that Wikipedia page, but for some reason (didnt read good enough) i didnt notice the PS2 mention, sorry :)

Thanks for the source! :)

Top Bottom