• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD October 2012 Sales Results [Up3: NBA, MoH, NSMB2 + History, Pokemon, RE6]

Bruno MB

Resident Evil 6 below NBA 2K13 is unexpected, it's quite likely that it had sold less than Resident Evil 5.

Resident Evil 5 (360, PS3) Capcom USA - 1,523k (360 938k - PS3 585k) 31 days
Resident Evil 6 (360, PS3) Capcom USA - ? 26 days

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360, PS3) Capcom USA - 582K 12 days

The new PS3 Super Slim model must have sold really bad, that was to be expected since they increased its price, that was so nuts.

vazel

Banned
I'm sure the numbers for Dishonored aren't spectacular. But it's a new IP stealth game so I kept my expectations in check(and I hope Bethesda did too).

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah with the decline versus the increase in NPD I'm wondering if the numbers are terrible or Dishonored did well.

I'm expecting somewhere around 200-300k, which used to be kind of ok and enough to get you at #8-10 on the NPDs, but nowadays that gets you at #1-4.

Didn't darksiders 2 finish at #1 with like 250k a few months ago?

See You Next Wednesday said:
unadvertised

Dishonored had a fuck ton of TV ads.

1-D_FTW

Should be noted that the NBA was locked out at this time of year last year. I'm sure that sucked all the wind out of the sales and is the reason this year is up 60 percent.

Everything current-gen costs way too much this late into the generation. Also, I have to wonder how Wii U will do in its launch month since everything is so depressed. Could be a sign that luxury spending on games is, in general, much more price-sensitive with the current worldwide economy, giving general purpose devices, like phones and tablets, a huge advantage with their much more reasonable pricing and constant library updates and additions. Expected that XCOM would not chart, but I'm surprised that Horizon didn't hit the top ten despite the lack of hype behind it. And, though I bought it at full price (a mistake), I'm glad RE6 is tanking relative to previous installments. Fuck that game. Even after it may get its shit camera FOV fixed next month, I still know it will disappoint, frustrate, and generally make me dislike it due to so much lameness it contains. Go back to the drawing board, Capcom.

Road

Resident Evil 6 below NBA 2K13 is unexpected, it's quite likely that it had sold less than Resident Evil 5.

Resident Evil 5 (360, PS3) Capcom USA - 1,523k (360 938k - PS3 585k) 31 days
Resident Evil 6 (360, PS3) Capcom USA - ? 26 days

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (360, PS3) Capcom USA - 582K 12 days

NPD pretty much said it sold less:

NPD said:
Unfortunately, other sequels new to market this month did not perform as well compared to prior iterations.

Questions are how much less and how much did RE5 even sold in the first place, what with NPD changing numbers left and right...

HardRojo

Xbox 360 is poised for a successful holiday with Xbox exclusives like the recent launch of “Halo 4,” “Forza Horizon,” “Nike + Kinect Training,” “Dance Central 3,” “Fable: The Journey,” “Kinect Nat Geo TV” and “Kinect Sesame Street TV.” It’s never been a better time to own an Xbox 360.

It is indeed a great time to own a 360 but not for those titles (excluding Halo, Forza and Dance Central of course)

vazel

Banned
Dishonored had a fuck ton of TV ads.
Yup, it did. I was surprised when my cousin saw my Dishonroed wallpaper and recognized what it was. He usually doesn't keep up with gaming stuff. But it's popular lately to blame advertising for everything instead of the stale tastes of the market.

Xbox 360 is poised for a successful holiday with Xbox exclusives like the recent launch of “Halo 4,” “Forza Horizon,” “Nike + Kinect Training,” “Dance Central 3,” “Fable: The Journey,” “Kinect Nat Geo TV” and “Kinect Sesame Street TV.” It’s never been a better time to own an Xbox 360.

It is indeed a great time to own a 360 but not for those titles (excluding Halo, Forza and Dance Central of course)

:lol what a list.

Yawn, 360 continues to run up the score in the US.

Next month will be the most interesting. I expect to see massive increases in both PS3 and 360, with the latter getting a stronger boost.

Right now, I'm waiting to see just how bad the Vita sales were for this past month.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Given the numbers we have had through Nintendo charts, we know that in September

Wii - 77k
PSV - 56k

This means that, in October

Wii - less than 61k
PSV - less than 44k

Mileena

Banned

3vWFr.gif

ohlawd

how in the hell did Dishonored do 460k? Great news but still.

Okay numbers for Pokemon if I use that as a landmark.

1-D_FTW

Npd does not include digital sales on steam

That's his point though. It sold well on Steam, so the NPD numbers really aren't that big of a deal. I'm sure they would have preferred it sell great on all platforms, but I'm sure they expected PC to be sale lead by a significant margin and it seems it's performed up to expectations for them.

FoneBone

Stop pushing the panic button for X-Com; a TBS game is unquestionably going to have a higher proportion of its sales as PC downloads than most of the stuff on there.

Pranay

The Walking Dead – Episode 4: Around Every Corner
Sonic Adventure 2
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
NBA 2K13
Resident Evil 6
Dishonored
TOKYO JUNGLE
Assassin’s Creed III
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
The Unfinished Swan

Well these are the psn dl oct month, but zero idea of RE6 numbers lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm impressed at Dishonored.

It didn't beat Army of Two, but it did at least match the performance of Dante's Inferno despite the market falling apart.

Top Bottom