• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD October 2012 Sales Results [Up3: NBA, MoH, NSMB2 + History, Pokemon, RE6]

That's his point though. It sold well on Steam, so the NPD numbers really aren't that big of a deal. I'm sure they would have preferred it sell great on all platforms, but I'm sure they expected PC to be sale lead by a significant margin and it seems it's performed up to expectations for them.
Argh yeah quoted wrong person lol

Xbox 360 is poised for a successful holiday with Xbox exclusives like the recent launch of “Halo 4,” “Forza Horizon,” “Nike + Kinect Training,” “Dance Central 3,” “Fable: The Journey,” “Kinect Nat Geo TV” and “Kinect Sesame Street TV.” It’s never been a better time to own an Xbox 360.

It is indeed a great time to own a 360 but not for those titles (excluding Halo, Forza and Dance Central of course)

Compare it to Sony's list. PSABR, LBP Karting...umm. Lol!

Pretty sure Halo 4 alone guarantees PS3 is going to get a annihilated in the US the coming months.

Shitty numbers for everything but NBA;

B&W2 doing almost the same as in Japan, that is almost half of B&W, which is not really surprising, considering that the 2nd versions sell almost half the main versions.

And yet another interesting IP that most probably will not see a sequel: Dishonored

Compare it to Sony's list. PSABR, LBP Karting...umm. Lol!

Pretty sure Halo 4 alone guarantees PS3 is going to get a annihilated in the US the coming months.
I don't know about PS3, but I have been a Nintendo only gamer for past years and even I am tempted to buy a 360 and play Halo [though I eventually won't, but a lot of people will actually succumb to their temptation]; the 250GB holiday bundle with Skyrim and Forza is just so good at $250; and you can pay 300 and you will get Gold for a year + Halo 4.

1-D_FTW

Regarding Vita, I'm expecting January to be a fairly decent sales month.

Cause I'm fully expecting the Target clearance aisle to be dumping their remaining stock.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
RE6 dropped off the charts pretty quickly in Japan though, didn't it? I see the PS3 version just under 800K there LTD after debuting at 643K.

XCOM hasn't left the top 10 of Steam in a month. Console numbers aren't amazing but I think overall it's probably quite successful. The fact that 2k said as much is also a decent indicator.

I do hope in the console space that it remains a word of mouth/slow burn and does well in the long run.

Basically I just want more XCOM. All the time. Sell me expansions. Annualize it like it's freakin' COD. Charge me $60 for a map pack. I don't care! XCOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Bruno MB

3.) Pokemon Black Version 2 (NDS)
4.) Dishonored (360, PS3, PC) - 460.2K
5.) Pokemon White Version 2 (NDS)

Now that we know the sales of Dishonored we can deduce that Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 must have sold around 900k units, maybe even a million but probably not more.

01. Pokemon White Version (NDS) Nintendo - 1.3 Million
02. Pokemon Black Version (NDS) Nintendo - 1.1 Million

Also if 50% of the take this month was digital the NPDs need to start listing that stuff monthly instead of quarterly. Get with the times, man!

samman6

Not Bad for Nintendo this month 3DS are ok, but surprised in the DS numbers, With Pokemon at the top too. I think Dishonored did pretty good too, new IP and all, maybe a sequel now?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, it might be doing like 100-120K a month worldwide.

Let's throw Sony a fucking parade.

I have serious fear we could see Vita selling something like 500k WW this December. And at this point, it'd be a great result.

I'm confused by the 3DS min/max. 3DS sold above 213k in September 2012, so above 42.6k per week, i.e. its minimum in October should be more than 170.4k?
Obviously, it is to be expected that 3DS actually sold (a bit?) more than 213k in September and that the increase in weekly sales in October was atleast significant, so the real figure is probably quite a bit higher.
Also do we know for sure that 3DS sold 250k in October 2011?

Perhaps I'm missing something, so feel free to correct me.

Kazerei

Banned
White > Black
Black 2 > White 2

I guess people were smart and bought the opposite of what they did last time :p

I'm a bit surprised that Skylanders Giants is so low. I know it only had 1 week of sales, and it will probably sell more in December as a Christmas gift, and the toys is where the money is at. But I still expected a stronger debut than that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I updated the OP a bit to reflect that the numbers there could technically be way higher for Wii, PS3, and NDS.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm confused by the 3DS min/max. 3DS sold above 213k in September 2012, so above 42.6k per week, i.e. its minimum in October should be more than 170.4k?
Obviously, it is to be expected that 3DS actually sold (a bit?) more than 213k in September and that the increase in weekly sales in October was atleast significant, so the real figure is probably quite a bit higher.
Also do we know for sure that 3DS sold 250k in October 2011?

Perhaps I'm missing something, so feel free to correct me.

3DS sold basically 250k during September 2012 ( 243k), so this means its lowest should be 200k. And we know for sure it did around 250k in october 2011 since last year Nintendo released a PR.

Jeff-DSA

Unless Sony can rally the Vita (tall order, I know), I fear for the state of development on the handheld going into next year. Developers are going to even less eager to put their time into it. I might have a system sitting next to me over here that essentially dies off in under three years.

jkanownik

Do Fable: The Journey and Forza Horizon be reported in this period or the next?

Notable new releases in this period that didn't chart:
007 Legends
Dance Central 3
Doom 3: BFG Ed
Fable: The Journey
Forza Horizon
Harry Potter for Kinect
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Zumba Fitness Core

Little Big Planet Vita

3DS sold basically 250k during September ( 243k), so this means its lowest should be 200k. And we know for sure it did around 250k since last year Nintendo released a PR.

I stand corrected then. The only 3DS figure for September I have is the 213k+ from the September 2012 NPD thread :/

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
XCOM retail + digital sales are already resultant in a profit for the project. The studio runs rather light for a big developer, and costs for this title were quite low compared to something like Dishonored. XCOM is also expected to have long digital legs thanks to steam and great word of mouth.

Top Bottom