• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

F#A#Oo

Banned
Closest's they got to an NPD thread...and no numbers posted...http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73520

Someone knows the score on the forums...

fyaman said:
I find it quite humorous that no one has created a thread posting the April NPD numbers.;) Come on, I dare you, anyone???

game102 said:
I think I saw the April NPD numbers... but some members here didn't like how PS3 numbers looked compared to DS, Wii, 360 and GBA... so they deleted the thread.

:lol

As I said...they are on "Protect the Hive" Alert...

Eteric Rice

Oh, some gems here...

come on guys this doom & gloom for the ps3 is getting pathetic your judging the ps3 while its been out 7 months (us & japan) and 2 months (europe) of its 7-10 year lifespan i mean are you all shortsighted why dont you look at the games coming out and there will be a price cut but not this year and also whats the worldwide sale figures

Yes indeed Wii sales will probably be strong until sometime next year, maybe longer who knows? I’m sure that both 360 fans and PS3 fans are looking a Wii numbers and are expecting the same. Both the 360 and the PS3 are bringing HD to gaming, maybe the market is not really ready for it yet? However as the adoption rate for HD grows so will the interest in these consoles. This does not favor the Wii in the long run and many are reporting boredom and repetition setting in. Another thing is people are forgetting that these are only N/A numbers and the PS3 is now starting to reach a global market.

Okay, so he's not as bad as the others. HD adoption will go up, but I personally don't think it will effect the Wii much.

and the ps3 still has to be launched in mexico and south korea correct me if im wrong

Yea its like everyone forgets that the wii is 250 bucks and is like a cheap date, its fun but mot marrige material, and the wii and ps3 just came out. If the 360 was just release the same time as ps3, I would be affraid, ohh but its been out for how long now?

:lol

Originally Posted by Cagalli View Post
I'm sure a lot of people are just holding off for the price cut. I know many people who want one but can't afford it at the current price.

about 90 million people or more

:lol :lol :lol

ps3forums.com, It's like a hotbed of raw comedy talent.

? The PS3 is not being outsold in the US or in Japan.. ohh... you mean vs the Wii.. well the two machines can not be compared.. different machine types.. different games.. different crowd.. different everything.. The Wii selling well is a no brainer.. but comparing the Wii to the PS3 and Xbox360.. that is impossible.

BorkBork said:
They did hit the bottom of the barrel by outright LYING last month.

Good point. Maybe that's why they gave up trying to spin things. When you are caught with outright lies, your spin will have the opposite effect that you desire.

Eteric Rice

MrPing1000 said:
ps3forums.com, It's like a hotbed of raw comedy talent.

And the whole "my friend bought a Wii then played my PS3 and was all like "Wii sucks lol" thing was pretty hillarious.

The denial is strong in there.

I quite like the posts where people talk about trying to convince friends and family to buy a ps3 then the replies praising them for their effort :lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Zetsumei said:
OMG why ppl care about the sales right now!
I think ps3 price is perfect!
I don't think it should lower a bit!

Why aren't we selling consoles then? Well we don't have much games to chose from! But give it till the end of this year when Christmas comes around. And all AAA tittles hittin the ps3 section! Then we will talk about this sales thing!
:lol :lol :lol

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
why are people getting mad at the negativity toward ps3? If i was a huge sony fan i would be pissed at sony. Its thier fault that they priced the thing too high.

Oh, PS3 forums.

It is excellent to see how many of them fervently hate the Wii and are ignorant of the PS3's current situation. Oh well. At least they are assured a good crop of high-tech (nerrrrr) games, and that's certainly nothing to be sorry about.

Reading posts as to how the PS3 is supposed to be this hub for the family, I've found my Wii doing that. I read the news on my Wii now, and my parents ask for the weather. Once I get a camera with an SD card, I'm sure my family will use the Wii to view photos, too.

Hell, I use it for gameFAQs and GAF now and then. :p

laserbeam

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, PS3 forums.

It is excellent to see how many of them fervently hate the Wii and are ignorant of the PS3's current situation. Oh well. At least they are assured a good crop of high-tech (nerrrrr) games, and that's certainly nothing to be sorry about.

Reading posts as to how the PS3 is supposed to be this hub for the family, I've found my Wii doing that. I read the news on my Wii now, and my parents ask for the weather. Once I get a camera with an SD card, I'm sure my family will use the Wii to view photos, too.

I kinda think Nintendo could try and slip quietly into the home everything hub type console as time goes with the next console etc. Nintendo is guaranteed I think aside from a massive failure happening from keeping the appeal to all strategy and part of that will be more advanced photo channels etc.

This type of situation could really make Microsoft etc wake up and see the wii etc as far more threatening

Duke Togo

FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, PS3 forums.

BUSTED!

Peter Moore has already acknowledged Nintendo's approach and praised it. Also, again, I was impressed. I didn't even open Forecast and News Channels 'till recently, and I was impressed with the interface. Every detail is so neat, really.

I dunno about making friends, though. I don't really know how. Do you just input the code into your address book? :s

Oh, and they hate the Wii. They are such alarmists.

"If the Wii is successful, then Sony and MS will copy them. We'll have minimal improvements and waggle next gen. Nintendo must be stopped."

Geez. HOLD THE GATES! REBUKE THEM! LET WAGGLE WALK OVER OUR DEAD CORPSES! WE WILL LIVE TO SEE DAWN ASSUME HER THRONE OVER A KINGDOM OF HD, OR WE WILL NOT SEE DAWN AT ALL! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>_>

And GameFAQs for help on Trauma Center. The cancer guilt on Hard kicked my ass, and the guides weren't much help. :/ I don't post there.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
FlightOfHeaven said:
Oh, and they hate the Wii. They are such alarmists.

"If the Wii is successful, then Sony and MS will copy them. We'll have minimal improvements and waggle next gen. Nintendo must be stopped."

Their stance on this subject is correct and must be commended:)

Yeah, because Nintendo is killing gaming. And is now in bed with non-gaming. Cheating, murd'rous whore! She shall see just reparations at the hand of mighty Zeus! *shakes fist*

WindyMan

PS3 Forums said:
Yea its like everyone forgets that the wii is 250 bucks and is like a cheap date, its fun but mot marrige material, and the wii and ps3 just came out. If the 360 was just release the same time as ps3, I would be affraid, ohh but its been out for how long now?

The divorce rate in this country is more than 50%.

Just saying.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Is there actual software numbers in this thread outside of the overall top 10? This thread is way too big to search through.

DenogginizerOS said:
I am not claiming the Wii is ruining the industry, I don't think it is segmenting the market as much as it is creating a new one, and I don't think waggle is the only reason Wii is selling and it is not the reason it will succeed or fail.

I am done with this thread.
For some reason at first glance I am offended by your name until i actually read it, but i somewhat agree.

TJ Spyke

I know this isn't the Media Create thread, but I can't even imagine how those Sony fanboys would react if/when the PS3 falls below even the Xbox 360 in Japan (which is a real possibility since last week it was only 5,000 above it).

rs7k

TJ Spyke said:
I know this isn't the Media Create thread, but I can't even imagine how those Sony fanboys would react if/when the PS3 falls below even the Xbox 360 in Japan (which is a real possibility since last week it was only 5,000 above it).

What's the price difference between the two? What if MS dropped the price and made that happen :lol :lol

I can't imagine what GAF would be like.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
TJ Spyke said:
Amazon Japan has the Xbox 360 at ¥ 38,200 (USD $315.41) and 60 GB PlayStation 3 at ¥ 49,980 (USD $412.68).

Price isn't the issue in Japan, I just think they don't want it. They want to waggle.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Geez this thread is still going on? Well I guess I'll pitch in a little anecdotal evidence...

A woman purchased a PS3 today from the Best Buy in Atwater Village in Los Angeles. I was waiting at the light when I noticed her cross the street leaving the Best Buy parking lot walk across the street and catch the bus. See! Poor people are buying the PS3 too!

...Either that or she had to sell her car to afford it. :(

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Jive Turkey said:
Geez this thread is still going on? Well I guess I'll pitch in a little anecdotal evidence...

A woman purchased a PS3 today from the Best Buy in Atwater Village in Los Angeles. I was waiting at the light when I noticed her cross the street leaving the Best Buy parking lot walk across the street and catch the bus. See! Poor people are buying the PS3 too!

...Either that or she had to sell her car to afford it. :(
poorer people are more likely to have a second job.

Someone answer my damn question!

laserbeam

Banned
Brand New Classic PS3forums thread in the making http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73807

"I don't know if this has been posted yet or before, but I just got on my Yahoo homepage and found this interesting article from Yahoo and their VGstaff about it "fighting back" and reviews for upcoming games...although I don't agree that the PS3 as coming back because I don't think they left and fell behind in the first place "

"Like you I agree the PS3 wasn't coming back from anywhere/anything. But its good to see media start to see what we've known all along."

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
laserbeam said:
Brand New Classic PS3forums thread in the making http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73807

"I don't know if this has been posted yet or before, but I just got on my Yahoo homepage and found this interesting article from Yahoo and their VGstaff about it "fighting back" and reviews for upcoming games...although I don't agree that the PS3 as coming back because I don't think they left and fell behind in the first place "

"Like you I agree the PS3 wasn't coming back from anywhere/anything. But its good to see media start to see what we've known all along."

It only took 3 posts before the conspiracy theories came out.

laserbeam

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
It only took 3 posts before the conspiracy theories came out.

haha yeah and its just scary how far out there the theory is. "Oh no MS is gonna buy Yahoo and do nothing but bad PS3 news and good MS news"

Like MS is gonna pay 50 billion dollars so they can mock Sony.

Even better now. They went from sucking on yahoos ass for praising games to wanting to lynch Yahoo for saying Lair looks muddy since its all like shades of brown like most next gen hd games seem to be and not very colorful.

JoshuaJSlone said:
I'm pretty sure DS and Wii set new records for portable and console sales, respectively, for a US April.
Does anyone know for sure if Wii and DS set April NPD records?

Also, I remember a sales table showing console sales for the past 7 years or so - but I don´t remember what old thread it´s in. Could someone post it please? Thanks.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
All this sounds VERY familiar: conspiracy theories, armchair CEO's, wait for a pricedrop, wait for "big game", great 1ST party line-up, there's nothing wrong-everything's okay, bad press, sales don't matter, loyal fanbase, etc.

It's almost cryptically familiar...

Bungalow Bob said:
Does anyone know for sure if Wii and DS set April NPD records?

Also, I remember a sales table showing console sales for the past 7 years or so - but I don´t remember what old thread it´s in. Could someone post it please? Thanks.

I can't say for sure about 'ever', but it's very likely. I can confirm the highest April console back to the PS2 launch was 332k (PS2, Apr 05) and the highest handheld was 418k (GBA, Apr 03).

Vyer

Who was it - Anihawk? - that first theorized that the hardcore Sony fans have become just like the hardcore Nintendo fans? Because those PS3 forums pretty much make it scientific fact now.

Someone on there referred to someone else as 'my playstation brother'. Creepy.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The Black Brad Pitt said:
Someone answer my damn question!

The only other thing I see was the top 20, as far as I know.

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) Nintendo
3. Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar (Xbox 360) Red Ocatane/Activision
4. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (PS2) Red Octane/Activision
5. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) Activision
6. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) Activision
7. God of War II (PS2) Sony
8. MLB '07: The Show (PS2) Sony
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) Nintendo
10. Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360) 2K Games
11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) Ubisoft
12. God of War (PS2) Sony (101k)
13. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii) Electronic Arts
14. Gears of War (Xbox 360) Epic
15. F.E.A.R. (PS3) Vivendi
16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2) Rockstar
17. TMNT (PS2) Ubisoft
18. Major League Baseball 2K7 (PS2) 2K Games
19. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) Nintendo
20. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360) Ubisoft

EdiT: Sorry, you wanted software numbers. I don't know about that, sadly.

Top Bottom