• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

ghst

thanks for the laugh
So the PS4 is at least down 6% YOY. Not enough to make any conclusion yet.

given that they've released two of their total of two tentpole AAA releases for the year, it's a pretty harsh indictment of the commercial pull of sony's first party.

orochi91

$399 seems like a really bad idea for the PS4 moving forward.

There better be a price cut at E3, otherwise they'll lose numerous months leading up to the holidays.

Despite all of the kvetching about remasters vs new games, three remasters outperformed Bloodborne. Original titles? The only game in the top 10 that wasn't a sequel was Minecraft.

That's the market.

I think they meant in terms of new games. Other than the DLC for Smash and MK8 I don't think anything actually came out for it in April

Ah yeah, true. Last retail release was MP10 in March. Most notable thing on Wii U for April is... Affordable Space Adventures, maybe?

Kathian

Banned
Also once a month VS weekly. People just read the PAL stuff and comment if interesting. NPD is a big highlight for sales but also Japan and America can show trends and have real impact.

Europe in general is difficult due to the popularity of PC gaming.

yuraya

Not really surprised about Xbox winning. There is not much on the horizon for the ps4. No big exclusives until next year with uncharted. Meanwhile Xbox one is having flagship titles releasing soon like Halo, Gears and Forza. E3 should be interesting for both.

Also the numbers for the Wii U are so bad holy shit. Nintendo needs to announce new console at E3.

orochi91

What does Sony really have to combat Gears and Halo this fall?

Uncharted and Gran Turismo aren't coming this year.

Sony has pretty much lost the holiday months after the U4 delay.

I can see MS pick up Oct/Nov/Dec.

If Sony doesn't announce a price cut at E3, then XB1 can pick up more months.

XB1 can seriously erase the lead in NA this year, it's now or never.

PS4 is losing momentum fast.

Xbox One could make up a lot of ground this holiday if Sony doesn't drop the price.

Halo 5 and the Gears remake, with one of them bundled, could be scary.
There is no exclusive that will match Halo from Sony unless it's Uncharted or GT7. Halo is a system seller. Sony has a lot of the things to throw out but unless it's one of those two, MS will have a very strong holiday.

EatMyFace

Banned
It's an awesomely cheap console. Given the COD numbers I'm inclined to think it was mostly parents buying consoles in April.
Kids don't have money to buy anything. Its always the parents buying consoles.
COD isn't a kids game by the way. Its Rated M.

Kids gravitate towards popular brands and products. Kids didn't make COD the juggernaut it is today. Gamers did.

Aceofspades

Banned
given that they've released two of their total of two tentpole AAA releases for the year, it's a pretty harsh indictment of the commercial pull of sony's first party.

Are you judging Sony first party according to NPD sales only which is 30% of sony WW market?

I can argue that first party pull is actually good because PS4 is outselling x1 2:1 even this month.

Duxxy3

$399 seems like a really bad idea for the PS4 moving forward.

There better be a price cut at E3, otherwise they'll lose numerous months leading up to the holidays.

May has a good chance of going to Xbox. June should go to PS4. July and August could go either way depending on E3 news. September to PS4. If MS starts their holiday promotion in October they should take the rest of the year.

Obviously this is all just NPD results.

Piggus

There is no exclusive that will match Halo from Sony unless it's Uncharted or GT7. Halo is a system seller. Sony has a lot of the things to throw out but unless it's one of those two, MS will have a very strong holiday.

I think you're really overestimating the importance of Halo. I would have agreed back when Halo 3 was coming out, but it's not the heavy-hitter it once was.

Top Bottom