• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

Mikey Jr.

Doesn't WiiU have to get a million a month between December and March to make Nintendo's goal of hitting 9 million?

How is that going?

Before this thread gets rather...well...i'm just going to say..gets some posts that would feel more home at on PS3Trophies or PSU forums, I want to say Kudos to Microsoft. Even if it the numbers worldwide aren't up to par with the PS4, they have done a extremely impressive job with the X1, given the initial negative press and $500 price point.

Now i'm waiting to see in the Wii U and Vita Numbers.

Yeah, I know that. You know that. We all know that. But letting Microsoft have a victory in December in the biggest market in the world is very stupid IMO.
Wait until you see how much traction Microsoft have lost in tier two countries before you say that.

Flarin

This should surprise no one. The top 10 games have remained largely similar for years now.

It's certainly not surprising, just depressing. Hell, both of those top 10 lists are pretty damn predictable and depressing.
AC 4 was really good :X

Mifune

Mehmber
Yeah, I know that. You know that. We all know that. But letting Microsoft have a victory in December in the biggest market in the world is very stupid IMO.

A sale here in North America is worth the same as a sale anywhere else.

I don't think the victory has any market consequences when the gap isn't that large yet.

If it was a million-plus difference, I would agree with you.

I bought a Wii U this December, but it's a console designed for only fanatical Nintendo fans. It's awful sales shouldn't surprise you, when you see their target audience is so small.

Nobody is going to buy a Wii U for multiplayer gaming or third party games. That just leaves the group of people who want to experience Mario and Zelda.

It's outrageous price tag doesn't help either. I only bought one because i had 250 dollars in Best Buy Reward Certificates.

I doubt we're getting anything from Sony, we didn't get anything last month when they came out on top.

If Wii U crosses 2M then I expect that milestone to at least be shared by Nintendo, although I don't really expect it to cross 2M.

komplanen

I'm happy that Xbone sold reasonably well but it still baffles me how it didn't sell better since it was never supply constricted. Also Wii U selling like shit should not come as a surprise to anyone so I can't quite get how some people would be dealing with that now.

Pain

Banned
I'm not really a sales person, but even still, just goes to show you that you can just re-skin a game and the masses will still bite. Pretty damn sad.
The masses know what they're buying. Hell, COD Ghosts probably got the worst reception(critics and players) and its still #1. I think its time to accept that most people don't want their favorite franchises to change too much. Not everyone is a core gamer like most of Gaf.

iammeiam

I wonder if Nintendo could feasibly get new hardware out in 2015. Despite an okayish December in Japan, the U is clearly getting to a cut and run situation.

Top Bottom