• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think the psp numbers are typo'd.

"In addition, the PSP grew 31 percent year-over-year, selling 290,108 units" is the number reported in sony's and matt's release.

NekoFever

503zbbb.jpg

GhaleonEB

Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Down on a weekly rate from May, and clearly why the dropped the price. Not much more to say since the price drop in in effect and Sony has PR on the impact out in the other thread.

Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Decent, not horrible, but far from great. Up a tiny bit on a weekly basis from last month, reversing a three-month slide. Better than I forecast, but not what it should be doing. Still needs a price cut. This year.

Wii -- 381.8k
Probably everything they shipped. Still the system to beat this generation, even if it will take 14 months to catch up to the 360 given the margin it's outselling it the past three months. Unstoppable.

dyls

Speevy said:
Brain Academy bombed.

Actually, it did exactly what I'd hoped it would do. Sold well enough to show that there is interest in the series on a home console, but badly enough to prove to Nintendo that $50 was way too much for this game.

It really is a very fun game, and at ~$35 would have been in the top 5 saleswise, imo.

laserbeam

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I think the psp numbers are typo'd.

"In addition, the PSP grew 31 percent year-over-year, selling 290,108 units" is the number reported in sony's and matt's release.

Sonys release is filled with so many errors its hard to know if they delibertly lied or their PR firm just doesnt care

Speevy

Banned
01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 291.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness
11. PS2 Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
12. PS2 Transformers: the Game
13. 360 Tenchu z
14. NDS New Super Mario Bros
15. PS2 Tomb Raider: Anniversary
16. Wii Super Paper Mario
17. 360 Transformers: The Game
18. PS2 MLB '07: The Show
19. Wii Big Brain Academy: Wii
20. 360 Dirt

360: 6
Wii: 6
PS2: 5
NDS: 3

Nice software sales though (yay @ The Darkness 360 getting in the top 10). 360 seems to be doing fine for now, hopefully a price cut will come soon to give it a nice edge.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii sales are a bit lower than I expected after seeing Canada- weekly average down a bit from last month as well.

Puts the Canadian sales in perspective :lol :lol

Mario Party 8 LTD = 740,000

The eighth installment of Mario Party can sell that much after just a few days in May plus a month? I don't think it sold that much on Gamecube even during the holidays.

This bodes well for Mario Galaxy.

jarrod

Banned
I'm a bit surprised Tenchu Z did so well... between this and Chrome Hounds being a minor hit last summer, From Software must be pretty happy with 360.

Odysseus

Banned
UncleGuito said:
PS3 with 135% sales increase? Right. They're way lower than I was expecting considering the price cut.

Nice software sales though. 360 seems to be doing fine for now, hopefully a price cut will come soon to give it a nice edge.

hint: the price cut was in july, these numbers are june

Kosma

Banned
UncleGuito said:
PS3 with 135% sales increase? Right. They're way lower than I was expecting considering the price cut.

Nice software sales though. 360 seems to be doing fine for now, hopefully a price cut will come soon to give it a nice edge.

Price cut is in JULY JULY JULY JULY.

tribal24

Banned
UncleGuito said:

well this is the june npd not july next month should see higher ps3 numbers

womfalcs3

Banned
YYZ said:
WTF at PSP numbers being drastically different than Matt's numbers, still good but more logical now.

PS3 has saddened me, people buying Tenchu Z...

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z34/mdog33/warfgif.gif[/QUOTE]

Why? The PS3 is only following the same path as the previous two months. July is when we'll see if the sales are disappointing or not. Considering a worthwhile game was released in the month too.

MaX_PL

Banned
BlazeDSM said:
Forza 2 is still going strong, I know it has to be above a million copies sold worldwide now, right?

um isnt that the number for June? how much did they sell in May?

3 days in May and then only 197k copies sold all of June, thats not good if you ask me.

Top Bottom