• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

KINGMOKU

AniHawk said:
RE4:Wii will probably hit Capcom's estimates in NA alone.
Yup. It was on sale for this period for only 10 days.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it ended up in excess of 500k copies just in the States alone.

This has big implications.

BTW, whats the usual lifespan on fads? Anyone?

Elios83

TwinsDad said:
They could be talking North American sales.

Does the NPD cover all NA retailers, or do they not get numbers for some of the retailers?

It's the same number IGN reported independently: PSP->290K, there should be a typo here.

Top SKU's June 2007
09. Wii Resident Evil 4

First third party Wii title to make the top 10! (Of course, it was only $29.99 . . . but still . . . )

10. 360 The Darkness
Nice . . . especially since it was released at the end of the month and it picked up in sales in the second week if I recall correctly.

MaX_PL

Banned
Barnolde said:
The demo's shit alright.

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 Bomberman LIVE
2 Sonic The Hedgehog
3 Golden Axe
4 Texas Hold 'em
5 Yie Ar Kung-Fu

360 owners, stop buying shitty games.

Donate your monies to charity, feed a starving child, not a hungry publisher!

oh please stop already.

Oblivion said:
I just hope this doesn't give Capcom the wrong impression, and that it would be a great idea to release Killer 7 with Wii controls.

A SOLID horror game on Wii would be more then enough. And don't talk me about Umbrella Chronicles.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
You need to have third parties selling well on your platform only if you need to attract their support to sell more hardware, that doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, they've pretty much proven that they people will buy their systems in droves just based on first party titles. Third parties can either get with the programme or stick to PS3 and 360, I honestly think Nintendo doesn't care that much for their support at this point.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
moku said:
Yup. It was on sale for this period for only 10 days.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if it ended up in excess of 500k copies just in the States alone.

This has big implications.

BTW, whats the usual lifespan on fads? Anyone?

Judging from Pokemon, about 10 years.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Keep in mind also on RE4 that anecdotally it was probably sold out/nearly sold out at many locations.

And those saying "buh buh it was only 30 dollars"...well its also a 2 year old game. It sold great, end of story.

RBH

MaX_PL said:
um isnt that the number for June? how much did they sell in May?

3 days in May and then only 197k copies sold all of June, thats not good if you ask me.

They had 217k in May.

I don't see what's so bad about those numbers at all.

Edit: I forget about Sigma's release date, but it still counts for the final 5 days of the June NPD.

mollipen

What's wrong with Mario Party 8 exactly? Some friends and I played it the other day, on the Monopoly-style game board, and had a lot of fun with it.

Haunted

Nintendo completely dominates Hardware and dominates software charts in North America... again. Amazing. yay for Resi 4 and Mario Party 8. :D

You can tell that Branduil has been polishing his .gif folder for NPD day.

Good job, mate. :lol

shidoshi said:
What's wrong with Mario Party 8 exactly? Some friends and I played it the other day, on the Monopoly-style game board, and had a lot of fun with it.
That's what I keep asking. :p I think it's an awesome party-game. By far the best out there at the moment.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Elios83 said:
PSP is confirmed to have sold 290,108 by SCEA too, it's not just IGN, there must be a mistake here.

These are the numbers provided directly from NPD. No typos on my end.

Video Games // $843.6M // $1.1B // 31% // 4.25B // $6.1B // 43%

Video Games Hardware // $297.6M // $398.6M // 34.0% // $1.37B // $2.3B // 71%

Console Hardware // $158.6M // $268.0M // 69.0% // $853.5M // $1.7B // 98.0%

Portable Game Hardware // $139.0M // $130.6M // -6.0% // $516.6M // $654M // 27.0%

Video Games Software // $443.9M // $543.0M // 22.0% // $2.33B // $2.9B // 24.0%

Console Software // $308.7M // $393.9M // 28.0% // $1.7B // $2.1B // 21.0%

Portable Game Software // $135.2M // $149.1M // 10.0% // $595.7M // $802.8M // 35.0%

Video Game Accessories // $102.0M // $161.3M // 58.0% // $551.2M // $859.8M // 56.0%

Ok.

Branduil

Thoren said:
Tenchu Z and Mario Party 8 are up there..

INDUSTRY STATUS: ORANGE
54nmpe9.jpg

HokieJoe

GhaleonEB said:
Playstation 3 -- 98.5k
Down on a weekly rate from May, and clearly why the dropped the price. Not much more to say since the price drop in in effect and Sony has PR on the impact out in the other thread.

Xbox 360 -- 198.4k
Decent, not horrible, but far from great. Up a tiny bit on a weekly basis from last month, reversing a three-month slide. Better than I forecast, but not what it should be doing. Still needs a price cut. This year.

Wii -- 381.8k
Probably everything they shipped. Still the system to beat this generation, even if it will take 14 months to catch up to the 360 given the margin it's outselling it the past three months. Unstoppable.

It will be interesting to see if the Wii can maintain it's pace once the 360's price is dropped. A $50 price drop won't move enough 360's to offset the Wii IMO. MS needs to drop the 360's price $75-$100 to stem the tide.

GhaleonEB said:
That floored me. Did the demo help or hurt it? I played the demo for five minutes and then deleted it. :lol

I actually like Tenchu ... it is a breath of fresh air to kill people with a katana instead of a gun for a change.

KINGMOKU

No6 said:
Rally games are much more popular in Europe than the US.

And RE4 is a discount port of what was probably a very expensive game to originally make. Hell, I expected better than "almost 150k" for RE4. I also expected better for The Darkness, given how much advertising I saw. Should have gotten that demo out earlier, Starbreeze.
:lol Really? You expected better. Someone get on the blower to Capcom, No6 expected more.

Razoric said:
why the hell are you guys talking about Ninja Gaiden Sigma? Wasn't it released July 3rd?

This is NeoGAF, dude. We talk sales data that don't even exist. Chad Warden ain't waitin' like no bitch for sales numbers.

Saint Gregory said:
If they weren't charging $60 dollars for (Ninja Gaiden Sigma), I would have picked it up with my PS3.

Seriously Tecmo, lower the price. You've released this game three times already.

Snagged one! Reset the trap!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Elios83 said:
It's the same number IGN reported independently: PSP->290K, there should be a typo here.
Sony's PR had NA numbers, they included Canada.

perfectchaos007 said:
After a 4 day delay, you would think NPD would have all their numbers up at once. You would think they would have all their crap together.

Phh, it's just video games. You expect some sort of professionalism?!

arne

schuelma said:
Keep in mind also on RE4 that anecdotally it was probably sold out/nearly sold out at many locations.

And those saying "buh buh it was only 30 dollars"...well its also a 2 year old game. It sold great, end of story.

yeah but 100k @ $60 > 100k @ $30. # of units shifting ain't everything. not for the publishers that is. although capcom is probably making a killing off of each unit given that this is triple-dipping into the RE4 title.

So PS3 currently getting outsold 2-1 by 360 and 4-1 by Wii, and not a single PS3 title in the Top 20.

Man, do they ever need to get down to $399 and FAST.

FrankT

MaX_PL said:
um isnt that the number for June? how much did they sell in May?

3 days in May and then only 197k copies sold all of June, thats not good if you ask me.

What are you talking about?

217K for five days in May+197K in June=414K in a month in the US alone. Shane Kim already stated it will be over a million WW by the end of July. Could be already in fact. It was number one in the UK for weeks. It's done fine.

sphinx

the piano man
PS3 software....

*sigh

If we consider that a game "bombing" is a game that fails to appear on the NPD top 20 in its release month, I can count from the top of my head:

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 06/26/07 US
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 07/03/07 US
The Darkness 06/25/07 US

Am I missing anything else big?

those games fusioned together to form one freaking napalm bomb of destruction.

:lol :lol

Omnicent

Holy! Where did the GBA come from.

I haven't used this gif for a while. Finaly found some use for it.

The battle rages on.... PS3 vs GBA
next_time.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Gary Whitta said:
So PS3 currently getting outsold 2-1 by 360 and 4-1 by Wii, and not a single PS3 title in the Top 20.

I'd just like to take this moment to apologize for misspelling your name in the previous thread, sir!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sprocket said:
lol shh the analyst are at work here ;)

It didn't have much time, but the reporting period ended July 7th so its first rush of sales should be on there.

arne

Gary Whitta said:

how long have you had this post typed and ready?
:lol

Top Bottom