• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

SuperBanjo said:
Mario Party 8 LTD = 740,000

The eighth installment of Mario Party can sell that much after just a few days in May plus a month? I don't think it sold that much on Gamecube even during the holidays.

This bodes well for Mario Party 9, Mario Party 10, Mario Party 11 and Mario Party 12.

Fixed. :)

But yeah you're right, the fact that New Super Mario Bros and Super Paper Mario are tearin' it up bodes extremely well for Galaxy.

TwinsDad

Elios83 said:
PSP is confirmed to have sold 290,108 by SCEA too, it's not just IGN, there must be a mistake here.

They could be talking North American sales.

Does the NPD cover all NA retailers, or do they not get numbers for some of the retailers?

Kosma

Banned
MaX_PL said:
um isnt that the number for June? how much did they sell in May?

3 days in May and then only 197k copies sold all of June, thats not good if you ask me.

That's pretty good for US numbers. The first one sold way better in Europe and I bet it's the same this time around.

donny2112

Speevy said:
360: 6
Wii: 6
PS2: 5
NDS: 3

:eek: Wow.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Wii is doing so well in software this early. That also ruins Microsoft's E3 chart of no third-party games in the top 10 for the Wii or PS3. :(

laserbeam

Banned
AniHawk said:
PS3 - 98.5k
GBA - 113k

The epic battle continues.

bestdance.gif

FrankT

Duck said:
You know Forza 2 ate DiRT's lunch when Tenchu Z outsells it. :lol

Yea that is messed up, Codemaster's said they did 500k in the first week. Must have been a whole lot of World Wide sales on that one or PC side one. Never thought it be that low.

aztrex said:
Fixed. :)

But yeah you're right, the fact that New Super Mario Bros and Super Paper Mario are tearin' it up bodes extremely well for Galaxy.

No doubt that galaxy is going to rule. Wii's LTD is now over 3 millions and it is increasing fast. DS: O_O.

WarLox

Speevy said:
01. Wii Mario Party 8 -- 426.k
02. Wii Play w/ remote -- 291.2k
03. NDS Pokemon Diamond Version -- 288.4k
04. NDS Pokemon Pearl Version -- 214.7k
05. 360 Forza Motorsport 2 -- 197.40k
06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar -- 177.6k
08. Wii Pokemon Battle -- 157.9k
09. Wii Resident Evil 4
10. 360 The Darkness
11. PS2 Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
12. PS2 Transformers: the Game
13. 360 Tenchu z
14. NDS New Super Mario Bros
15. PS2 Tomb Raider: Anniversary
16. Wii Super Paper Mario
17. 360 Transformers: The Game
18. PS2 MLB '07: The Show
19. Wii Big Brain Academy: Wii
20. 360 Dirt

360: 6
Wii: 6
PS2: 5
NDS: 3

3rd party in the top 20:

Wii: 1
360: 5
ps3: 0

3rd party am cry :(

Barnolde said:
It's awesome if you wanted more proof that 360 owners need to stop buying shitty games.

I see nothing wrong with Tenchu. Well the demo is shit but otherwise it's great.

When did Sigma release btw?

Kosma

Banned
WarLox said:

Best selling 3rd party game of the month is on Wii.

One of the signs of the apocalypse no doubt.

Edit: IM BLIND AND THE WORLD IS NOT COMING TO AN END. *goes back to play RE4 on Wii*

Lightning

Banned
The lagging PS3 sales was expected and having nothing in June for software was also quite expected.

Next month should be better with the price drop and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I am quite happy that the PSP and PS2 are still selling quite well though. That is some comfortable news and helps softens the losses of the PS3.

Bildi

Duck said:
You know Forza 2 ate DiRT's lunch when Tenchu Z outsells it. :lol
In fairness, the US has never been the target market for CMR games. I think sometimes they weren't even released in the US?

WarLox said:

3rd party in the top 20:

Wii: 1
360: 5
ps3: 0

serves them right for giving nintendo the cold shoulder, hopefully iwata will be kind enough to throw them some table scraps once in a while.

arne

Bildi said:
In fairness, the US has never been the target market for CMR games. I think sometimes they weren't even released in the US?

I'm pretty sure the US is not a big rally market, although the last several years they have been relased stateside afaik.

donny2112

Speevy said:
Except for RE4, they're all first party.

I realize that, but the fact that there's one ruins their graph. :(

AniHawk said:
RE4:Wii will probably hit Capcom's estimates in NA alone (worldwide estimates for the fiscal year were 420k).

I'd be surprised if they didn't. They way underestimated by expecting only 420K worldwide. Budget prices, FTW!

No6

Jtyettis said:
Yea that is messed up, Codemaster's said they did 500k in the first week. Must have been a whole lot of World Wide sales on that one or PC side one. Never thought it be that low.
Rally games are much more popular in Europe than the US.
Except for RE4, they're all first party.
And RE4 is a discount port of what was probably a very expensive game to originally make. Hell, I expected better than "almost 150k" for RE4. I also expected better for The Darkness, given how much advertising I saw. Should have gotten that demo out earlier, Starbreeze.

Barnolde

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I see nothing wrong with Tenchu. Well the demo is shit but otherwise it's great.

The demo's shit alright.

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions)
1 Bomberman LIVE
2 Sonic The Hedgehog
3 Golden Axe
4 Texas Hold 'em
5 Yie Ar Kung-Fu

360 owners, stop buying shitty games.

Donate your monies to charity, feed a starving child, not a hungry publisher!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
With June NPD's, my worldwide estimates (Europe and N.A June, Japan up to date)

360-9.72M
Wii- 9.04M
PS3-3.65M

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:
RE4:Wii will probably hit Capcom's estimates in NA alone.

I just hope this doesn't give Capcom the wrong impression, and that it would be a great idea to release Killer 7 with Wii controls.

Top Bottom