• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For June 2010

V_Ben

Banned
From the Greenberg thread. I'm sure Evillore will hijack this post in the next 10 minutes, so i'm just making it because he's not here right now :lol

PlayStation 3 304.8K
PSP 121.0K
Xbox 360 451.7K
Wii 422.5K
Nintendo DS 510.7K

Top 10 VG Console/Portable SKU’s June 2010
Title Platform Publisher Release Date Units
RED DEAD REDEMPTION 360 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE May-10 582.9K
SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 WII NINTENDO May-10 548.4K
RED DEAD REDEMPTION PS3 TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE May-10 380.3K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO Nov-09 200.9K
JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT Nov-09 174.8K
WII FIT PLUS W/ BALANCE BOARD* WII NINTENDO Oct-09
TOY STORY 3 NDS DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS Jun-10
UFC 2010: UNDISPUTED 360 THQ May-10
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 WII WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE Jun-10
UFC 2010: UNDISPUTED PS3 THQ May-10

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
YoY

DS -33%
PSP -26%
360 +88%
PS3 +85%
Wii +17%

YtD

DS 3,071,400
PSP 599,300
360 1,924,900
PS3 1,591,000
Wii 2,405,700

LtD

DS 41,798,158
PSP 17,436,836
360 20,555,886
PS3 12,719,696
Wii 29,540,081

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good to see that hardware sales have perked up after last month.
I'm responsible for 1 of those Wii sales as I purchased one on the 21st of June.
Also good to see 2 great games holding spots 1 and 2, it's nice that turtle turtle turtle

Aquanox

I wonder what caused the PS3 sales boost. E3? Move?

Xbox 360 Slim sold really good, 132% over last month.

Mad_Ban

Good slim boost for the 360 and surprising to see the PS3 YoY jump so large considering nothing was released for it.

Aeris130

AceBandage said:
Once the 3DS comes out, they'll cause the server to crash like old times.

But without a competitor, there won't be any drama. It's like watching an athlete trying to break his own record.

Mad_Ban said:
Good slim boost for the 360 and surprising to see the PS3 YoY jump so large considering nothing was released for it.

Eh, I don't think the Slim really did much to boost sales of the 360.
The fire sale on the Arcade, however...

Aeris130 said:
But without a competitor, there won't be any drama. It's like watching an athlete trying to break his own record.

Drama comes from the DS still outselling all the consoles.
:p

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Aquanox said:
I wonder what caused the PS3 sales boost. E3? Move?

Xbox 360 Slim sold really good, 132% over last month.

It's not 132%. I don't know where people are getting that number from. Aaron Greenberg had it right.

markatisu

NPD Sales said:
SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 WII NINTENDO May-10 548.4K
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO Nov-09 200.9K
JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT Nov-09 174.8K
WII FIT PLUS W/ BALANCE BOARD* WII NINTENDO Oct-09
LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 1-4 WII WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE Jun-10

Wow the Wii held its own this month, 5 individual Top 10 titles

EagleEyes

Great month all around. Looking at those LTD's it seems this gen in NA is set in stone. No way anything is catching the Wii and no way the PS3 can get out of last place.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ICallItFutile said:
It's not 132%. I don't know where people are getting that number from. Aaron Greenberg had it right.
They're doing month over month instead of year over year like Aaron Greenberg did.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker didn't do so well, did it? I mean, I knew it wouldn't be the blockbuster that MGS4 was, but isn't this well below expectations?

gerg

ICallItFutile said:

The "132% increase" figures refer to month-over-month sales. That's not counting the different number of weeks in each month, though.

Ridley327

vehn said:
so did MGS: Peace Walker not even chart?
You have greatly underestimated the PSP's ability to take even the most beloved franchise and grant it awful sales.

Regardless of the game's quality (and it is an awesome game), this was always going to happen.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, and I mentioned it in the other thread, but if you're looking for a bit of a 'story' here, isn't it that the 360 only clipped the PS3 by 150K despite the price drop and new console?

Curious to see how Sin & Punishment 2 did. Also, curious on Singularity. Sucks these came out on June 29th so we probably won't know. :(

Also, no Peace Walker? *gasp*

The PSP is dead.

a Master Ninja said:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker didn't do so well, did it? I mean, I knew it wouldn't be the blockbuster that MGS4 was, but isn't this well below expectations?

Is not good man, that fo shu.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
a Master Ninja said:

Well it was on the PSP. And it followed the worst MGS game released (4). I don't think anybody cared. I certainly didn't, and I loved MGS3.

Top Bottom