• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

Striek

Nintendo always over estimate.

Well they have so far, but I thought there forecasts were cautious given their lineup this year and potential for a pricedrop on the 3DS. The forecast of 18M was less than their initial forecast for the 3DS the year before (though it ended up doing 14M).

ps3 sold 80 million so far second best selling console this gen. it's sold pretty good all things considered. I highly dout 3DS will get close to that.

I see it doing PSP numbers

PSP sold 70 million And the 3DS still has its biggest days ahead and it already sold 35 million. I think 70 million is a lock and 80 will come at some point

Mario007

So TLoU is somewhere between 700k (Uncharted 3) and 1.1M (GoW 3).
Lower limit might be higher, but I can't really think of any first party game selling more than U3 on its first month.

If we could figure out the June numbers for all the years NPD reports sales it might narrow down the range since TLOU is apparently the biggest no1 in June ever in NPD.

Also lol at MS pretending the 3DS doesn't exist.

Miles X

ps3 sold 80 million so far second best selling console this gen. it's sold pretty good all things considered. I highly dout 3DS will get close to that.

I see it doing PSP numbers

PS3 isn't at 80 million and 3DS will easily get to 80m+ WW, the thing will be approaching 40m by the end of the year?

In the US it's at 8.5m vs PS3's 24.3m. With Pokemon this fall it'll rapidly increase.

Keyouta

More than 500,000 copies of Animal Crossing sold at $35?

Clearly a sign Nintendo needs to become a mobile developer

Puzzles & Dragons makes apparently $100 million a month.

Though, yes, Animal Crossing is doing well, great game.

The top three is well deserved.

I said wow. 3DS will do nowhere near DS numbers.
Yep it's surprising how much it shrunk
Well not really considering smartphone/tablets take up a huge chunk of handheld and to some extent console sales

I expect the 3DS to do between GBA and PSP numbers by the end of its life. And the Vita? a little under N64 numbers if it's really really lucky.

Puzzles & Dragons makes apparently $100 million a month.

Though, yes, Animal Crossing is doing well, great game.

The top three is well deserved.
Does p&d do microtransactions? Cause if nintendo were to layer a store on top of a normal ac game that thing would end the world. Wouldn't work if they compromised the base game though.

Slurmer

Banned
Based on this: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_Fastest_selling_video_games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1.757 million in June 2007.

MGS4 sold 775k in June 2008.

I will assume those are the top 2 selling games from June in NPD history. I could be wrong though. (edit: looking back in history I don't think I am though)

And the next highest selling SCE game was Uncharted 3 with 700,000.

Based on this, TLOU sold between 700k and 775k. I think. Unless I am missing a high selling June game. And/or the MGS4 number should also include PS3 bundles, which would bump MGS4 to 1 million, putting TLOU between 700k and 1 million.

The mgs4 775k did not include bundles. Bundles put it over or close to a million. I remember the GAF thread

Kyon

Banned
But WaiT

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 505K
What kinda slay? YAAAAASSSSS

ib2BI1LlIBr3to.gif

ACSUS CHRIST HER UNDENIABLE POWER AND IMPACT.

YAAAAASSSSSSSS

SLAYYYY

WHO ELSE BUT A LEGEND?

ixi7G4UhvfqN3.gif

The DS is out of that track, Nintendo expects no shipments for 2013 and its going to stay a couple million behind the PS2. Still your point stands.

Nintendo expect it to be at 49 million.

Are they living in cloud cuckoo land or is that possible ?.

Just seen the WiiU numbers... console is dead in America unless it's $249 imo, they better act fast.

Road

Based on this: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_Fastest_selling_video_games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1.757 million in June 2007.

MGS4 sold 775k in June 2008.

I will assume those are the top 2 selling games from June in NPD history. I could be wrong though. (edit: looking back in history I don't think I am though)

And the next highest selling SCE game was Uncharted 3 with 700,000.

Based on this, TLOU sold between 700k and 775k. I think. Unless I am missing a high selling June game. And/or the MGS4 number should also include PS3 bundles, which would bump MGS4 to 1 million, putting TLOU between 700k and 1 million.

That Diamond and Pearl number is wrong. Regardless, NPD considers them different games.

MGS4, yes.

Congrats Naughty Dog! I never underestimated you :)

Poor sales for the Wii U but its deserved. This coming from someone who bought a deluxe at launch.

impact

Banned
LOL like Nintendo expected anything from it.

Why even make it then? Game & Wario was made by Intelligent Systems right? They could have made a great game for Wii U (given their pretty good track record) but instead made some minigame fest that nine people bought :|

New Leaf (Retail + Digital) sold 199% of what Wild World did in its first month back in December 2005.

Looks like Animal Crossing has quickly become a tentpole franchise for Nintendo. :)

Myshkin

Nice 3DS numbers.

Who cares about TLU, we need to know about Vita numbers!

Vita numbers don't matter right now. They took a dive after JP got a price cut, and nothing will happen while people are waiting for NA price cut.

Interesting that AC can actually sell a lot of hardware in the west. Wondering what the demographic is for these new buyers, and what portion are the XL.

I think it will to some point. Tablets are getting much cheaper so that you can get one for a kid and its much more economical. I think it will be at least 2 more gens before it not worth it for nintendo though.
I doubt tablets would get that far honestly. They will always be fragile and buttonless which doesn't lend them to being especially good for kids or gaming. If someone makes a durable tablet with buttons that has excellent games for kids, and is ubiquitous enough that devs concentrate on creating great games for it, well, that sounds like a DS.

Sorry, I'm being a bit OT.

GulAtiCa

Why even make it then? Game & Wario was made by Intelligent Systems right? They could have made a great game for Wii U (given their pretty good track record) but instead made some minigame fest that nine people bought :|

Um, I believe they are currently working on FExSMT

GulAtiCa

The best buy demos did nothing though and sales even dropped weekly with game and wario out. July will be terrible

Of course the Best Buy demos did nothing to sales, those were for games that don't come out for months. Anyone that would buy a system for those games, most likely wouldn't buy it till the game they wanted was out

Are they living in cloud cuckoo land or is that possible ?.

Just seen the WiiU numbers... console is dead in America unless it's $249 imo, they better act fast.
It's somewhere around 35 million so it's certainly possible considering the lineup they have ready(MH4, Pokemon and Zelda)

Top Bottom