• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2013 [Up2: 360/3DS Hardware, AC/LM/DK Digital + Retail]

SmokyDave

I'd like to see the Vita number (kinda). I expect 12-15k, but there's always room to be surprised, pleasantly or otherwise.

Backed up by Aquamarine. Good enough for me. You got a doom-chart to update, gurl!

Haha, indeed I do. Now with extra Dreamcast! :-D

This is all assuming AZ Greg's (Wii U < 36K) is correct and Wii U is indeed ~35K.
I'm not exactly sure if he's right at the moment, but I trust him with Wii U numbers, so I'm going to run with it. :)

Like I do every month...

Doom Charts June 2013, Wii U edition:

m6w2pbb.png

h9Uzc5M.png

PKmM848.png

Close-to-flat MOM thanks to no motions regarding pricing.

Personally, I'm surprised that not even the announcements at E3 could get people excited about the Wii U.
I thought I was lowballing June at 38K, but apparently not even that was sufficient.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
And please stop talking about Gies. Stop quoting him. Stop linking to his garbage. Just stop. He finally stopped posting here. We don't need him. He is not relevant.

Striek

3DS increase is great. We're long past the point of thinking its ever going to have a shot at DS like sales so you have to take it for what it is. Great debut for AC, quite the system seller there. It will be interesting to see exactly how much momentum gets carried into July (can it sustain 200k+ sales).

antonz

Luigis Mansion 2 is showing legs. Kinda surprised by it. Fun game that I really enjoyed just expected it to be more niche

That could make somewhat of a difference, but would it really be a significant difference? We need someone to say what DKCR Wii sells.

Yes, we do. Remember, though - DKCR is 3 whole spots above LM:DM. We don't know how big the difference is, but it's probably a bit more than 7K.

NeoUltima

Based on this: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_Fastest_selling_video_games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1.757 million in June 2007. edit: the pokemon numbers are whack

MGS4 sold 775k in June 2008.

I will assume those are the top 2 selling games from June in NPD history. I could be wrong though. (edit: looking back in history I don't think I am though)

And the next highest selling SCE game was Uncharted 3 with 700,000.

Based on this, TLOU sold between 700k and 775k. I think. Unless I am missing a high selling June game. And/or the MGS4 number should also include PS3 bundles, which would bump MGS4 to 1 million, putting TLOU between 700k and 1 million.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That point at which Gamecube pulls away, and so does Dreamcast...

Personally, I'm surprised that not even the announcements at E3 could get people excited about the Wii U.
I thought I was lowballing June at 38K, but apparently not even that was sufficient.

I'm sure BestBuy were thrilled at all the people bundling in to take up store space and then not buy the thing being advertised.

Haha, indeed I do. Now with extra Dreamcast! :-D

This is all assuming AZ Greg's (Wii U < 36K) is correct and Wii U is indeed ~35K.
I'm not exactly sure if he's right at the moment, but I trust him with Wii U numbers, so I'm going to run with it. :)

Like I do every month...

Doom Charts June 2013, Wii U edition:

m6w2pbb.png

h9Uzc5M.png

PKmM848.png

So you're saying there's still a chance?

DaBoss

I would guess the E3 stuff would have offset the regular drop it would have had.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is <36k for the Wii U confirmed? Update in OP if true?

Can only ever update OP with official on the nose numbers, which you only get from MS and whoever the top dog is. The rest are ballpark leaks.

wrowa

Finally a good month for the 3DS. I hope Animal Crossing and Pokemon will be the two games that help the 3DS to stay in a healthy sales region.

Well done to Naughty Dog for showing a new IP, released in Summer can do just as good numbers as a sequel in Winter !. Astounding game.

Impressive 3DS hardware numbers, Nintendo's ace in the hole is the 3DS, esp with MH4, Pokemon and Zelda still to come later in the year even with WiiU continuing to struggle.

40 million WW for 3DS by the end of the financial year ?.

Mrbob

Look at all that 3DS software Nintendo sold in June. Obviously this is a sign they would be better to throw that revenue away for 99 cent apps. Nintendo will make so much more money this way.

Congrats to Naughty Dog. The fact there is no major competition ensures good legs. We'll probably see more blockbuster game releases in June now.

Edit: I think it's a mistake to compare 3DS to DS. The market is different now. 3DS is going to carve out a pretty big install base by the time its successor comes out. Expecting it to do insane DS numbers isn't a realistic expectation. Especially when the device semi bomba'd out of the gate. Nintendo turned around the 3DS from potential disaster like Sony did with the PS3.

wrowa

The people who follow E3 are probably the same people who know that a price cut of the Wii U in the next months isn't unlikely, so I wouldn't say that's surprising.

Awesome numbers for TLoU, especially considering that there are some digital sales as well, unlike with GoW3. It's awesome that a new exclusive IP can succeed so late in a gen.

The people who follow E3 are probably the same people who know that a price cut of the Wii U in the next months isn't unlikely, so I wouldn't say that's surprising.

The best buy demos did nothing though and sales even dropped weekly with game and wario out. July will be terrible

Based on this: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_Fastest_selling_video_games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl sold 1.757 million in June 2007.

MGS4 sold 775k in June 2008.

I will assume those are the top 2 selling games from June in NPD history. I could be wrong though.

And the next highest selling SCE game was Uncharted 3 with 700,000.

Based on this, TLOU sold between 700k and 775k. I think. Unless I am missing a high selling June game. And/or the MGS4 number should also include PS3 bundles, which would bump MGS4 to 1 million, putting TLOU between 700k and 1 million.

Unless there is no other big june game since 1995.

Raist

Banned
So TLoU is somewhere between 700k (Uncharted 3) and 1.1M (GoW 3).
Lower limit might be higher, but I can't really think of any first party game selling more than U3 on its first month.

MercuryLS

Banned
TLoU is going to be such a big franchise for Sony, the word of mouth on this title is super high. It's still sold out in so many stores near me.

Congrats to Naughty Dog. The fact there is no major competition ensures good legs. We'll probably see more blockbuster game releases in June now.
I feel like it's going to take more than that.. just look how long it took for publishers for feel comfortable releasing in Q1 this generation. For every success we have two failures in Fuse and Remember Me.

The best buy demos did nothing though and sales even dropped weekly with game and wario out. July will be terrible

People are probably waiting for Mario Kart 8 and the like to actually come out before they buy.

It'll probably take multiple AAA Nintendo games before the Wii U actually sells more than like 7K a week. :/

Cipherr

Naughty Dog, and Nintendo just destroyed the:

Don't release a new IP at the end of a gen.

and

3DS is a lost cause

Stuff this month. Good stuff, but we need the new hardware already, these reports are boring now.

Top Bottom