• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Ray Down

Banned
I've been playing Arkham Knight and it's fucking brilliant, so congrats to Rocksteady for the major sale numbers. It deserves to come out on top.

Awesome news for splatoon.

It's weird how some 3rd party games sell more on ps4, some sell more on xb1..

There's little logic to it.

At least in ESO case, it's a strong brand one Xbox due to Skyrim situation on PS3 and wasn't oblivion released later on PS3?

Plus FFXIV

prag16

Banned
Probably not a bad hold for Splatoon at 5. Wii U Lego Jurassic World sold like shit, eh? Some of the others performed kind of not that bad.. This one seemed to be hard to find though. Didn't see it in stock anywhere and Amazon had it backordered for a while. Tiny shipment I guess? Otherwise not sure why it seemingly did so much worse than some of the others, which iirc managed to outdo various non-Vita systems on some occasions.

hawk2025

XB1 numbers are quite impressive, lots of good work with the bundles and free game deal.

Very nice.

It's also super cool to see Splatoon hold on to a solid position :)

MS gonna MS

9vD074B.jpg

But I thought Xbone won E3 according to Amazon and social media? And surely the backwards compatibility announcement would smite the PS4?

So much for that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Probably not a bad hold for Splatoon at 5. Wii U Lego Jurassic World sold like shit, eh? Some of the others performed kind of not that bad.. This one seemed to be hard to find though. Didn't see it in stock anywhere and Amazon had it backordered for a while. Tiny shipment I guess? Otherwise not sure why it seemingly did so much worse than some of the others, which iirc managed to outdo various non-Vita systems on some occasions.

You'd need to know what the sales numbers are, no?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Very strong month.

3DS and Wii U likely down yoy giving the weird wording.

To be honest, Nintendo has been using that wording for 3DS alone since New 3DS's launch. Now, 3DS + Wii U combined like that is strange indeed.

"Sony has already said that the Batman bundle helped sell PS4 hardware, but despite this, the game still sold better on PS4 than Xbox One on this chart. That’s noteworthy because this NPD list does not include bundled games. So it sounds like Sony made a wise investment when it decided to help co-market Arkham Knight."

so not a destiny like situation where standalone sold more on xb1 but with bundles included ps4 version sold more

No, standalone sold more on PS4--

Bgamer90

Banned
Pretty good news for all three companies. Splatoon doing well, Xbox One almost hitting 300K in a summer month, PS4 getting over 300K... Good month.

Electret

1. XB1 did very well, #2 or not.
2. PS4 is lead platform for BAK - excluding bundles, right?

Surprised on both counts.

jackdoe

Wait a minute, if 3DS alone is 40% up year over year and Wii U + 3DS is 20% up year over year, doesn't that mean Wii U is practically the same as last year for the first six months?

Ridley327

Surprised to see the sales are up from last year for Xbone and PS4, I guess consoles aren't dying after all.

It helped that they had some really big releases this month with Batman and TESO, along with LEGO Jurassic World blowing up pretty well. July is... probably not going to too hot.

Rephin

Congrats to Sony! (even though that was pretty much expected)

Splatoon though. You da real MVP. Wow. Congrats to Nintendo on a successful new IP!

MKX still hanging on too. Awesome job, NRS!

Toki767

ESO was the top selling game on PSN in June so I imagine more people on PS4 just bought it digitally than Xbox One.

Kathian

Banned
But I thought Xbone won E3 according to Amazon and social media? And surely the backwards compatibility announcement would smite the PS4?

So much for that.

Huh? Ignoring MS coming from behind or that I don't really disagree with you - I would not expect E3 itself to have an impact but he announcements when released to impact.

Ie the holiday where MS does well anyway.

Bgamer90

Banned

So much for that.

E3 has never really determined (slow) Summer sales. Most of the stuff shown at E3 isn't going to help sales until the Holidays.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Honestly, Microsoft should put "Backwards Compatibility" on the boxes for all new systems, maybe they are waiting until Fall when the feature is fully released.

Top Bottom