• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Sony continues to smash, worldwide and in the United States. I'm quite chuffed at Splatoon's success as well. Seeing innovation rewarded with strong sales is very satisfying.

edit: lol Greenberg. Keep doing what you do.

Percy

Banned
Genuinely amazed at how Splatoon has been doing. Called that one completely wrong, happily.

"Sony has already said that the Batman bundle helped sell PS4 hardware, but despite this, the game still sold better on PS4 than Xbox One on this chart. That’s noteworthy because this NPD list does not include bundled games. So it sounds like Sony made a wise investment when it decided to help co-market Arkham Knight."

so not a destiny like situation where standalone sold more on xb1 but with bundles included ps4 version sold more

XB1 moving the needle and closing that gap lol.

Boke1879

I thought Consoles were dying tho

This is why I'm really excited for next year. If everything goes as planned. PS4 has SFV, Uncharted, R&C, Horizon and TLG.

When you release high profile games throughout the year people buy consoles.

Just imagine what FO4, Battlefront, COD, AC are going to do for consoles this holiday.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why are people congratulating software titles? Not knowing any numbers means the sales can actually be pretty low. After Batman at #1, the rest are pocking up scraps right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I got 123k for 3DS, using 1.2x

It's "more than 40% for the first six months YOY", so I'd say you should do between 40% and 45% (if it were higher than 45%, they would've said that).

Mr Moose

Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

These damn games never leave the charts.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Great month all round.

Healthy sales for both Xbox One and PS4 in a normally down month no? Hopefully a sign that the Xbox may still wind up with a healthy install base even in second place.

Its amazing what a little marketing can do for a game even on a poor selling console too isn't it? Nice work with Splatoon.

The Batman bundle doesn't surprise me. I bought my brother one for his 30th. Nice looking console.

tmac456

297k for X1 very solid

Sony just keeps plugging along though. Really looking forward to seeing the final number.

Batman did some serious work. Good month for consoles

rhandino

Banned
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS Splatoon, those are some nice legs.

... and to think that people were saying that it was going to drop of the chart this month.

EVQ8KTi.gif

AdanVC

Splatoon is currently my GOTY and one of my favorite games from the last 5 years and I gotta say I wasn't expecting to see it again on the top ten so this totally MADE MY DAY!

So freaking glad a brand new IP is doing so well ahhhh :') especially when it's so innovative like Splatoon <3

I'm an octopus!

Which generally sells more in a year (in North America), Madden or NBA 2K? I always considered Madden like the biggest sports game of the year, but NBA seems to hang around these charts longer.

Kayant

Dammit my predictions again. Didn't expect a Destiny like performance should have aimed higher.

Honestly, Microsoft should put "Backwards Compatibility" on the boxes for all new systems, maybe they are waiting until Fall when the feature is fully released.

Ha you really think that would be a big selling point?

Top Bottom