• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2007

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Segata Sanshiro said:
Quetz is a freaking lunatic. At least we know gahiggidy is a sock puppet. Quetz might be real for all we know. A real person holding a real job making real decisions. That's scarier than the Ring to me.
He was a crazy **** even back in the day at IGN.

quetz67 said:
As far as I know to make full use of Wii you need 4 Wiimotes, classic controllers and GC controllers bringing the price up to $400+ (the trick is not to tell). Sure still less than a PS3, but as I repeated, I dont think PS3 is for replacing what the Wii offers.

quetz67 said:
I dont think it makes much sense to discuss the Wii and how many Wiimotes you need and how much fun it is.

Oh.

Bungalow Bob said:
quetz67 said:
I know, but how many people buy a Wii for single/online player only? I sold mine because none of my friends liked the Wii and cared to play with me (at least on a regular basis). And having 4 remotes lying around for a game every few weeks.

quetz67 said:
I had a Wii and one remote, I said I sold it because I didnt want to get 4 Wiimotes just to be able to play it multiplayer once every few weeks...get one again when more games come out that I want to play in single-player.

Hmm... are you sure they were your friends and remotes? Are you sure they weren´t... nothing?

Why isn't this moron permabanned?

Odysseus

Banned
Shamrock7r said:
Have Microsoft and Sony not released a press release yet?

yeah, a bit earlier

Microsoft PR said:
Sales for Xbox 360 continued to be strong in May and look to continue to ride the wave over the summer as gamers anticipate blockbuster titles such as Madden NFL 2008, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Mass Effect. The new Elite configuration was once again a solid contributor to sales and...

...ahhh, who are we kidding. Our numbers sucked. Wii kicked our brains in once again, but at least we beat the PS3, whatever that's worth.

Sony PR said:

People dont want exactly the same games they got last gen, they want games that are like them but use the new power to improve on them. Gamers dont want another GTA III City, they want GTA IV.

This statement is so heavy in iron(y) my refrigerator magnets are stuck to my monitor.

joeposh

Flakster99 said:
Hey, have you played the game yet? With friends and or family? I have, with F&F, and it's fun. If you haven't, a big **** you. If you have, and disliked the experience, so what if others enjoyed the game, in turn receiving nice sales.

Seriously, I bought this game because it was on sale at a pretty hefty discount the first week. I was a little skeptical and first, but it's damn fun. All my friends would come over and say what most "seasoned" video game players would utter when offered the chance to play, "ehh... I've never really been a fan", but once they actually sit down and start, they get sucked in. Really, it's more immersing with the wiimote and people get sucked into the competitive nature. I think most people who bitch about Mario Party simply have been conditioned to spew hate towards it or have never played it with friends.

quetz67

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
Why isn't this moron permabanned?
You quoted Bungalow Bill, so it isnt really clear who should get banned. If it is me, I dont quite understand why I should be for just talking about my personal expierience with the Wii.

But if you want Bungalow Bill to be banned for suggesting I have no friends I find that OK.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Jack Tretton said:
We fully realize that past success is no guarantee of future success, but it does give you some perspective. We have to bring the games to market that will showcase what the PS3 can do and ultimately entertain you like no other games have. We need to provide proof of what the PS3 can do for you and work tirelessly to improve the value and justify your investment. At the end of the day, it’s always been about the games. To push the boundaries of gaming beyond where they currently lie takes a great deal of risk. I think all the hardware manufacturers are doing that in some way. We could have easily produced PlayStation 2.5 at a slightly increased price over the older model, and driven some nice profits and marginal innovation for a few years but that’s not how we got where we are today. You have to gamble and make major investments in the present that will pay dividends in the future.

:lol

People see PS3 sales numbers and say sony am doomed!

but post like that one make me think that Sony is not going places... They are still in denial

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Segata Sanshiro said:
Quetz is a freaking lunatic. At least we know gahiggidy is a sock puppet. Quetz might be real for all we know. A real person holding a real job making real decisions. That's scarier than the Ring to me.
If Segata says he's not a joke character, I believe him.
But now I'm officially scared...

dante786

Banned
quetz67 said:
You quoted Bungalow Bill, so it isnt really clear who should get banned. If it is me, I dont quite understand why I should be for just talking about my personal expierience with the Wii.

But if you want Bungalow Bill to be banned for suggesting I have no friends I find that OK.

Pretty obvious hes talkin about you because you were spewing lie after bold faced lie in this thread.

His quotation was of bungalow quoting YOU, when you claimed you got rid of your wii and FOUR wiimotes because your friends were bored of it or something. You then claimed later in the same page that you only had a wii and one wiimote, and sold it because you didn't want to pay for extra wiimotes.

You're obviously lying, and you're obviously a joke character, because no one could be this stupid. Either way, you're really annoying, and I wish you would just get banned already.

Quetz67 bashing?
I guess that's cool but the guy is basically Doom_Bringer level. Then again I give DoomB a pass because he'll tell some funny stories. Quetz isn't even fun, he's just a liar and an idiot who doesn't know when to stop.

quetz67

Banned
dante786 said:
Pretty obvious hes talkin about you because you were spewing lie after bold faced lie in this thread.

His quotation was of bungalow quoting YOU, when you claimed you got rid of your wii and FOUR wiimotes because your friends were bored of it or something. You then claimed later in the same page that you only had a wii and one wiimote, and sold it because you didn't want to pay for extra wiimotes.

You're obviously lying, and you're obviously a joke character, because no one could be this stupid. Either way, you're really annoying, and I wish you would just get banned already.
I claimed I got rid of my Wii, because of the fact I didnt see any sense in getting 4 Wiimotes for it using them only once a month and it didnt had much single player appeal to me back then. I never said I had or sold four remotes.

dante786

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Holy crap. That's four Dantes on this board now? Almost as bad as Cloud or Sephiroth on GameFAQs. (Apologies if your real name is Dante.)

Nah, i just like the name, not even the character so much. Its the same as my gamertag so I just use that, there are too many dante's on here though, i agree. Dont know why I'm listed as a junior though, didn't used to be, and I should have regular member status, didn't actually notice it till just now.

Tobor

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Quetz67 bashing?
I guess that's cool but the guy is basically Doom_Bringer level. Then again I give DoomB a pass because he'll tell some funny stories. Quetz isn't even fun, he's just a liar and an idiot who doesn't know when to stop.

Doom is more like a pet. You just swat him with a newspaper when he ****s on the rug. Quetz is more like a fly. You could swat it, but if you ignore the buzzing long enough, it will fly away eventually.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
quetz67 said:
I claimed I got rid of my Wii, because of the fact I didnt see any sense in getting 4 Wiimotes for it using them only once a month and it didnt had much single player appeal to me back then. I never said I had or sold four remotes.

Isn't THIS
quetz67 said:
I know, but how many people buy a Wii for single/online player only? I sold mine because none of my friends liked the Wii and cared to play with me (at least on a regular basis). And having 4 remotes lying around for a game every few weeks.

I know thats my personal problem, but at least I am one for whom the Wii doesnt have any appeal (right now) and even if it gets it later it wont change the fact of +1 PS3 sales.
one of your posts?

"Good liars should have good memory".

quetz67

Banned
Jocchan said:
Isn't THIS

one of your posts?

"Good liars should have good memory".
yes it doesnt make sense to buy 3 extra remotes if they dont get used, is that so difficult to understand? My friends are mostly PC and board gamers, it was no surprise to me they didnt embrace the Wii, thats why I did get only a cheap Wii and no extras.

(http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250085526524 - maybe the buyers name sounds familiar)

btw. I am not a native speaker, if the phrasing I used hinted at me already owning the extra Wiimotes than thats probably because of my less than perfect english (but actually I dont think so)

Sharp

It's clear what he's talking about guys! He knew his friends wouldn't like the Wii beforehand, which is why he didn't get multiple controllers, even though he also knew that the Wii was going to be more of a multiplayer console. He then sold it because he was unsatisfied with the single-player experience. You are all much too harsh on him.

Now the only question that remains is, why did he get a Wii in the first place if he was determined not to like it?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sharp said:
Now the only question that remains is, why did he get a Wii in the first place if he was determined not to like it?
Maybe he took the "it prints money" meme too seriously?

quetz67

Banned
Sharp said:
It's clear what he's talking about guys! He knew his friends wouldn't like the Wii beforehand, which is why he didn't get multiple controllers, even though he also knew that the Wii was going to be more of a multiplayer console. He then sold it because he was unsatisfied with the single-player experience. You are all much too harsh on him.

I wasnt determined not to like it, I bought it mostly to play Zelda, I would have even bought it without Wii Sports if possible. But it was obvious to me that Zelda is the only single-plyer games that appealed to me. So I sold it with a profit (it did print money) and will get another one for Mario, MP3, RE4 and RE:UC later

KevinRo

don't worry quetz67, most of the posters here understand your position. it's just the really stupid ones who can't take into consideration that english isn't your first language believe you're a troll.

Shalomi

As far as I know to make full use of Wii you need 4 Wiimotes, classic controllers and GC controllers bringing the price up to $400+ (the trick is not to tell). Sure still less than a PS3, but as I repeated, I dont think PS3 is for replacing what the Wii offers.

Lawd a' mussy, chile! Wut de debil's got inta you?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit, Quetz seems to be striving to win the award for most delusional Sony fanboy.

quetz67

Banned
KevinRo said:
don't worry quetz67, most of the posters here understand your position. it's just the really stupid ones who can't take into consideration that english isn't your first language believe you're a troll.
I am fine with being called a lunatic or troll, time will tell who will eat crow. But why must I automatically be lying? Probably because GAF can only see black or white. Too bad :-(

quetz67

Banned
Oblivion said:
Holy shit, Quetz seems to be striving to win the award for most delusional Sony fanboy.
I think all I can win is being the most vocal right now, I cant believe all have yet been brainwashed by the new Nintendo army, they probably just find it to wearisome to argue (which I can fully understand now)

Aeris130

quetz67 said:
I am fine with being called a lunatic or troll, time will tell who will eat crow. But why must I automatically be lying? Probably because GAF can only see black or white. Too bad :-(

I think it's related to:

1. You complaining that you had 4 Wiimotes laying around in your apartment/house...

2. Followed up by a statement that you sold your Wii since you didn't want to buy 4 Wiimotes.

OBJECTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contradiction

Joe Molotov

Jack Tretton said:
At the end of the day, it’s always been about the games.

240px-CeBIT_2006_Panasonic_bluray_cases_huellen_by_HDTVTotalDOTcom.jpg

O RLY?

KevinRo

Aeris130 said:
I think it's related to:

1. You complaining that you had 4 Wiimotes laying around in your apartment/house...

2. Followed up by a statement that you sold your Wii since you didn't want to buy 4 Wiimotes.

OBJECTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contradiction

Will you read what he said? English is not his first language. Even without that being known it should have been easy to deduce what he meant in his original post.

quetz67 said:

He's saying that none of his friends wanted to play with his Wii. Since they don't own a Wii and don't own controllers, he's making the point that he sold his Wii because it wasn't worth having to buy 4 remotes just to have it be used every few weeks while no one cared to play with him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
quetz67 said:
I think all I can win is being the most vocal right now, I cant believe all have yet been brainwashed by the new Nintendo army, they probably just find it to wearisome to argue (which I can fully understand now)

I really hate being a dick, especially considering that you said English isn't your first language, and aren't responding as violently as one would expect from other people, but I'm just saying from what you've been writing, it's easy to take things the wrong way.

Top Bottom