• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

wotta

You should just accept it mate. And it really shouldn't mean that much to you. Deep breaths and relax..

It doesn't mean anything to me, I really don't care, they aren't paying me lol. Just would be nice to see proof so people stop arguing. I'd love to know the true numbers as often I see people guessing UK numbers and since I know them, I know the same people are often wrong.

HAh3VAl.png

Beefy

If any other poster pulled that they would've been perm'd. Pretty sure trolling is against TOS, especially in something as big as an NPD thread.

He was banned for 5 months, isn't that enough? I don't see the point in moaning he should get permed.

Occam

I only read "if's" everywhere.
So the buttocks were banned because another leaker threw different numbers in here which also aren't confirmed yet?

Someone enlighten me please, I went to sleep after page 35.

These figures are the ballpark. Tom Warren on twitter who supposedly knows confirmed 1.2 million for Xbone, and Nintendo's number was deduced from their 10%+ increase statement.

Guerrilla

The people wanting CBOAT banned longer/perm is kind of sad.

why? I mean I grew to like the drama that ensues due to cboat posts, so I want him around, however, I can understand why people want him gone. He is using insider info (sometimes fake) to push an agenda, which by all means should be frowned upon.

It doesn't mean anything to me, I really don't care, they aren't paying me lol. Just would be nice to see proof so people stop arguing. I'd love to know the true numbers as often I see people guessing UK numbers and since I know them, I know the same people are often wrong.
We have the Xbox One numbers, we have the Wii U numbers, we have the estimates of overall sales, do the math.

FZZ

Banned
He was banned for 5 months, isn't that enough? I don't see the point in moaning he should get permed.

Again any other poster would have been permanently banned most likely for making a statement like that. He is already being given special treatment, I'm not surprised some people don't think his ban is long enough.

Ultimately it's up for the mods to decide, but posters being ticked off shouldn't really be surprising.

Who's arguing?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Xbone outsold PS4 by ~400k.

Now can we finally move onto the next chapter of NPD threads where we talk about how consoles are doomed?

Beefy

why? I mean I grew to like the drama that ensues due to cboat posts, so I want him around, however, I can understand why people want him gone. He is using insider info (sometimes fake) to push an agenda, which by all means should be frowned upon.

Do we know he knew it was fake tho? If you don't know 100% he knew he was trolling then you are just guessing.

UberTag

People are going to argue whether there's "proof" or not. It's what drives enthusiast forums.

Microsoft's win this month was substantial. If they maintain this momentum into December they'll have effectively shaved off the majority of PS4's sales cushion in the United States in the span of two months. That's an impressive turnaround from last year's PR debacle no matter how much you color the argument with fire sales/bundles rhetoric.

Again any other poster would have been permanently banned most likely for making a statement like that. He is already being given special treatment, I'm not surprised some people don't think his ban is long enough.

Ultimately it's up for the mods to decide, but posters being ticked off shouldn't really be surprising.

Whatever. The best thing is simply stop treating CBOAT with any modicum of trustworthiness.

JaggedSac

He provided a lot of good info at some point. That has to be worth something. Regardless though, no one will believe anything he says from here on. I said the same thing after Titanfall though, lol.

Wow, that is a lot of consoles for Microsoft. Any estimate on what the split is now between PS4 and XBONE in US?

Its also interesting to see that Sony still did respectable numbers with only two bundles showing up late in the month. Going to be real interesting when Sony reacts to whatever new price Microsoft sets.

And for depressing numbers: any idea on how the Vita did? Is it at least 5 digits? :(

I love the meaningless bullet point about how XB1/PS4 are selling better than their predecessors at this point in their lifetime.

Meanwhile, they barely have the same level of success on the software side and year over year numbers keep going down because everything is so front loaded.

These consoles will not have the same level of stamina as last gen did.

Xbone outsold PS4 by ~400k.

Now can we finally move onto the next chapter of NPD threads where we talk about how consoles are doomed?

Tell me how you feel about the dedicated handheld gaming market...

But to your point, these are absolutely stellar PS4/Xone numbers, both in November and life to date. Now if we could start getting more functional games that people might like to buy to run on these boxes we'd be in better shape overall.

I love the meaningless bullet point about how XB1/PS4 are selling better than their predecessors at this point in their lifetime.

Meanwhile, they barely have the same level of success on the software side and year over year numbers keep going down because everything is so front loaded.

The shift to digital software purchases helps in a number of ways, and the success of PSN/XBL digital sales will lead to even more.

The year over year numbers keep going down directly in line with the release count going down. Almost perfectly correlated.

As to stamina, time will tell. Doubtful they'll need to be, however. Cycles should get shorter. Last gen went on far too long, buoyed by the Dance/Music fad and the Kinect/Move stuff.

BriGuy

Just would be nice to see proof so people stop arguing.

You think proof is going to stop people from arguing? PS4 is doomed, but so is Xbone because of unsustainable price cuts. And Wii U? Wii U is so far beyond doomed that the light from doomed will take a thousand years to reach it.

45 pages of laughing at MS, The Great Train Derail. I guess reclaiming the homeland and the UK is priority #1 for MS, just hope Sony and MS won't drag this generation out too long.

wotta

People are going to argue whether there's "proof" or not. It's what drives enthusiast forums.

Microsoft's win this month was substantial. If they maintain this momentum into December they'll have effectively shaved off the majority of PS4's sales cushion in the United States in the span of two months. That's an impressive turnaround from last year's PR debacle no matter how much you color the argument with sales/bundles rhetoric.

True. To be honest I think Sony is more interested in profit than 'winning' anything anyway. 840k consoles is still a lot and I imagine any gap in the U.S may possibly be wiped out when PS4 launches in China (no idea how it'll do there??).

I think PS4 will continue to lead worldwide, it won in the UK last week for instance, and the rest of Europe too I imagine.

AmFreak

Doesn't change the fact that Sony seems to divide them into Americas/EMEO/Asia, Japan. The link i've posted is directly from their investor relations day.

Only because Sony used their geographical knowledge to lump different markets together for a presentation doesn't mean they are single markets.

SgtCobra

Same reason how PS4 sold better this year? Cheaper. Plus better lineup for holiday period (at least that the common narrative)
Was the PS4 having a better fall line up last year? That's news for me.

No.
The Xbox One sold better because it was cheaper, the same goes for the PS4, it sold better because it was cheaper.
You're acting like people were only buying Xbox One's because it had a better line up, yeah it sure did to an extend but the price and bundles were the big differentiator, the exclusive software didn't even chart except for Halo which was number 10.

You're also acting like Sony won't do shit next holiday (regarding a price drop)
I'm pretty sure that if the Xbox stayed at 399 or the PS4 dropped the price the results would be different.
Next year, when the PS4 drops it's price the situation will be different, will it be enough to win the holidays NPD? I don't know, but your "doomed" posts aren't anything to write home about because exclusive software isn't as important in the holidays as some people might think.

I just realized that Microsoft's strategy of ignoring 9 months of the year is continuing to pay off. It's such a solid strategy(for them) and the only people who are losing out are the console owners.

We "gamers" deserve to have major releases all year 'round to have fun but the mass market just doesn't support that strategy for the most part. Ugh.

Miles X

True. To be honest I think Sony is more interested in profit than 'winning' anything anyway. 840k consoles is still a lot and I imagine any gap in the U.S may possibly be wiped out when PS4 launches in China (no idea how it'll do there??).

I think PS4 will continue to lead worldwide, it won in the UK last week for instance, and the rest of Europe too I imagine.

What has any of that got to do with NPD/US sales?

Can you not just outright congratulate XB1 and MS???

My predictions are Sony takes December and the gap is back by february.

Amazon while not a good indicator for volume is a good indicator for positions. Hasn't been wrong yet. Last I saw the PS4 is sitting in the upper 30s for December when XBO has multiple consoles above. The 350 price bundles are still in effect.

I think MS pushes 400-500k this month, while PS4 is in the 200k range. The Sony bundles for the most part are gone.

Guerrilla

Do we know he knew it was fake tho? If you don't know 100% he knew he was trolling then you are just guessing.

Oh I'm not implying that he knew it was fake. I'm implying that he is using whatever he's given to push his agenda. Not factchecking his data enough is just icing on the cake ;)

Miles X

Amazon while not a good indicator for volume is a good indicator for positions. Hasn't been wrong yet. Last I saw the PS4 is sitting in the upper 30s for December when XBO has multiple consoles above. The 350 price bundles are still in effect.

I think MS pushes 400-500k this month, while PS4 is in the 200k range. The Sony bundles for the most part are gone.

Er what .. Dec is on par with Nov ...

TyrantII

Meanwhile, they barely have the same level of success on the software side because everything is so front loaded.

Didn't digital do like 1.2 billion this month alone? NPD doesn't track digital. The consoles are also still in their infancy.

As MS has shown there a real thirst at the right price point. Sub $300 and these things are going to sell like crazy.

Top Bottom