• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wouldn't mind going but trying to find a train home would suck ass.

You can do it!

I'll be taking the Metro North home late Saturday night. I'll have about an hour and 15 minutes on the train to think about all the mistakes I made that night :lol

Heading to the times square webcam after we're all thoroughly wasted and dancing for foreveralone-gaf's entertainment better still be on the agenda

This better happen. I expect a nerd pyramid in addition to the moonwalking.

:p I'll take caps! ;)

Kisaaaaayaaaaa, I didn't see your name on that list. We really need to get you an ID...

I guess I'm the only girl-gaf in NYC?? Too bad I can't make it, I'd have all of you boys to myself ;)

They need you, Tinabina. Cancel your plans. Girl-Gaf represent!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Oh fuck, guys. I was about five minutes from walking out the door to head to the airport and had sudden onset of extreme crippling lower left abdominal pain. Missing my flight. Will update when I know more.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh fuck, guys. I was about five minutes from walking out the door to head to the airport and had sudden onset of extreme crippling lower left abdominal pain. Missing my flight. Will update when I know more.

wow, the old "suddenly got violently ill." not even going to go for a "something came up with work" or "my roommate just got broken up and s/he's real torn up about it"

it's cool, i actually already had other plans that night.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Had to take an ambulance to the ER. Here now, with something 50x stronger than morphine in my system so I'm in good spirits ;b

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
right now said:
Rkwxc.jpg

Waiting for them to run some blood and urine tests now.

You can do it!

I'll be taking the Metro North home late Saturday night. I'll have about an hour and 15 minutes on the train to think about all the mistakes I made that night :lol

Ya but I live one state over. If I take the train there's one at 1 am and then the next isn't until almost 8am. Then I have to drive an hour from the train station home. :/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Pokes head in, enjoy

I'll be earning trophies as usual, don't drink, so I = buzzkill

I highly doubt the NYPD finest want to see a 450lb 31year old Pakistani male with beard strolling through Times Square very late at night

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not getting rid of me that easily! I'll hop on a morning flight instead, can still make it to the meetup.

jasonng

Take it easy, lore. I don't want anything happen to you because I know for a fact someone's going to blame me and I'm not having that.

Pokes head in, enjoy

I'll be earning trophies as usual, don't drink, so I = buzzkill

I highly doubt the NYPD finest want to see a 450lb 31year old Pakistani male with beard strolling through Times Square very late at night

I think you should attend in full armor as well. I've seen your beard. It is GLORIOUS. Let the NYPD watch in awe.

Not getting rid of me that easily! I'll hop on a morning flight instead, can still make it to the meetup.

:O You ARE hardcore. Was everything OK, then? You realize that dying will make it the most epic meet up ever, but you'll still be dead.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
:O You ARE hardcore. Was everything OK, then? You realize that dying will make it the most epic meet up ever, but you'll still be dead.

They're not really sure. CT scan was negative for diverticulitis, which is the major one for that area of the abdomen and really bad news, so that's good. Pain had subsided by the time my hardcore drugs wore off, so after that it was just doing all the tests and waiting for the results and making conversation with all the staff ;b. They guess a kidney stone.

All seems to be well now, thanks for the concern and support. :D

They're not really sure. CT scan was negative for diverticulitis, which is the major one for that area of the abdomen and really bad news, so that's good. Pain had subsided by the time my hardcore drugs wore off, so after that it was just doing all the tests and waiting for the results and making conversation with all the staff ;b. They guess a kidney stone.

All seems to be well now, thanks for the concern and support. :D

That's good. There was a guy I was friends with at my old job who had diverticulitis, not a fun thing to have. :/

somebody put me down as a maybe

might have a friend coming into town from ct so i'd probably be hangin with her if she does

also i am going to some screening of twin peaks with a reworked soundtrack

jasonng

Davidion

Remember guys, we're going to the Gaf Bar West tomorrow night. I'll update the list for tomorrow. Holy shit there's going to be a lot of people. If the place can't fit us we'll find another place.

The Gaf West Bar at 8pm
401 W 48th St
(between 10th Ave & 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10036
http://www.yelp.com/biz/gaf-west-new-york

Here are some places around the area for food:
Luke's Lobster Food Truck
Guelaguetza
Sophie's Cuban Cuisine
Totto Ramen
Find more in the NYC |OT| Thread

Here's a suggestion: if you're anywhere remotely near full attendance with that list, the only place on that list you're going to want to eat is at a food truck.

You'll have trouble finding full-sized restaurants to seat you, never mind a place like Totto where there is less seating than you have heads even if the place didn't have a 90 minute line every night. Five Napkins is relatively near by and even there the capacity would be dubious.

As a back-up, I'd suggest considering a cheesy mainstream place like Dave and Busters where there's little seating and people can fuck around. It's not exactly chic but it may be your best bet of getting the job done. Few, if any other places around NYC is going to randomly accommodate a mob (one ever so charming, mind) of 30 people. If people start leaving and you end up rolling with only a small group, then you hit the restaurants.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
As a back-up, I'd suggest considering a cheesy mainstream place like Dave and Busters where there's little seating and people can fuck around. It's not exactly chic but it may be your best bet of getting the job done. Few, if any other places around NYC is going to randomly accommodate a mob (one ever so charming, mind) of 30 people. If people start leaving and you end up rolling with only a small group, then you hit the restaurants.

Exactly. It is a Saturday so all bars will be packed which is nice but not for us. Dave and Busters thing can work out as a place for a bit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Here's a suggestion: if you're anywhere remotely near full attendance with that list, the only place on that list you're going to want to eat is at a food truck.

You'll have trouble finding full-sized restaurants to seat you, never mind a place like Totto where there is less seating than you have heads even if the place didn't have a 90 minute line every night. Five Napkins is relatively near by and even there the capacity would be dubious.

They'll have no choice but to seat us. 30 nerds drunk and hungry! We'll tear the place apart!! lol

tino

Banned
Is there a group chatting app we can install on our iPhone/Android phone to co-ordinate, or we have to keep refreshing this thread?

Wow, I have been under the mysterious impression that this was happening tonight when I had plans and was just checking in to see if I could drunkenly stumble to wherever you guys were on a whim right now. Except its tomorrow and I am done drunkenly stumbling I guess. But thats good! It looks like you have about 35 more people than any place will reasonably seat for dinner so i will skip that entirely since i'm pretty sure I haven't posted in this thread at all. I'll keep tabs on the thread tomorrow and if you have settled some place for boozing I will try to stop by. I see some Yankees Council members attending and we have reason to celebrate.

Top Bottom