• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

jasonng

I was merely suggesting food spots should people eat before coming to the bar. I had no intention of organizing a dinner for 30 something people. LAgaf was silly to do so.

Angry Fork

Are 50+ people going to this thing? It seems like it, even 20-30 is a lot for one place. I wonder what will happen if you go and find out there isn't enough room lol. I really think that's going to happen. I'm not sure if I'm going yet, I want to but as part of socially awkward gaf it's out of my comfort zone, I don't know anybody so it'll be weird.

-PXG-

I just realized...I haven't figured out how to get home. Oh well...

EDIT

Gonna be representing NJ GAF/ Black (light skinned blah blah blah) GAF/ Tie GAF all at the same time.

dbztrk

Are 50+ people going to this thing? It seems like it, even 20-30 is a lot for one place. I wonder what will happen if you go and find out there isn't enough room lol. I really think that's going to happen. I'm not sure if I'm going yet, I want to but as part of socially awkward gaf it's out of my comfort zone, I don't know anybody so it'll be weird.

I don't know anyone either but this is how you get to know people. Don't worry about being socially awkward. You're not the only one in that boat and what better way to get over being socially awkward than to be with people that you have that in common with. Once you realize that you're not going to be alone then why give a shit?

Griegite

still a junior
I wish I could come to this but I am in the DC area. I was tempted to go but seeing as how there are so many people going, it would be easier if I didn't. The DC-area GAF should have a meet up sometime, as I'm sure there are people from here.

They're not really sure. CT scan was negative for diverticulitis, which is the major one for that area of the abdomen and really bad news, so that's good. Pain had subsided by the time my hardcore drugs wore off, so after that it was just doing all the tests and waiting for the results and making conversation with all the staff ;b. They guess a kidney stone.

All seems to be well now, thanks for the concern and support. :D

Glad to hear it's nothing serious man. Do you plan on getting the stone removed before it gets bigger?

I was merely suggesting food spots should people eat before coming to the bar. I had no intention of organizing a dinner for 30 something people. LAgaf was silly to do so.

Psssh. Iceman did it flawlessly. No hassle, we all fit, and it was totally fun. I wonder if your numbers tonight will match LA Gaf's...

I'll be pre gaming on the train ride over. I should be tipsy by the time I get there lol

I seem to remember your pre-gaming on the train last meet up was more akin to a full night out for the rest of us. ;)

Kccitystar

Wait, the Yankee Council™ is coming to this?

ricflair_woo.gif

jasonng

So I called the Gaf Bar and the guy said they can fit up to 60 -70 people and it would be chill up until 10:30. When I asked him if they were expecting a crowd, he said no. Haaaaaaaaaaa.

But just in case we need to relocate if it gets too big, we'll probably hit Latitude Bar.

-PXG-

So I called the Gaf Bar and the guy said they can fit up to 60 -70 people and it would be chill up until 10:30. When I asked him if they were expecting a crowd, he said no. Haaaaaaaaaaa.

But just in case we need to relocate if it gets too big, we'll probably hit Latitude Bar.
And where is that?

Sanjuro

I6bxY.jpg

-PXG-

UDXkx.jpg

Just passed new Brunswick. Some douche is watching a movie on his phone with volume blasting. Seriously....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Psssh. Iceman did it flawlessly. No hassle, we all fit, and it was totally fun. I wonder if your numbers tonight will match LA Gaf's...

I seem to remember your pre-gaming on the train last meet up was more akin to a full night out for the rest of us. ;)

lol my tolerance is weak but I'm still a big man. Also, drinking in NYC is way too much money. I spent more on tips that night than beer lol

jasonng

We are hitting the Gaf West Bar at 8pm. Remember, that's our main bar. If it gets too crowded because Evilore is ballin' too hard then we'll move it to Latitude Bar.

Details:
The Gaf West Bar at 8pm
401 W 48th St
(between 10th Ave & 9th Ave)
New York, NY 10036
http://www.yelp.com/biz/gaf-west-new-york

If it gets too packed, we're hitting up Latitude Bar and Lounge. This is the back up bar.

Latitude Bar & Lounge
783 8th Ave
(between 47th St & 48th St)
New York, NY 10036
(212) 245-3034
www.latitudebarnyc.com

If you're going by subway, you can take the A,C,E or 1,2 trains to the 50 st station or the A, C, E to 42nd street, Port Authority Bus Terminal. If you're driving, luls.

Top Bottom