• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

Jhoan

I see some new faces there along with some familiar ones. I can't believe we're going to be wearing name tags; I thought using real names was just fine, but it makes sense to attach GAF names to real names. If people asked who I was, I would just point my phone at them. Most of you know what I look like any way. Oh and no Kool-Aid smiles for Saturday's pics for sure; they look so bad.

Speed Dating tomorrow+ Saturday's GAF meet up means it's gonna be one of the most fun weekends I've had in a while.

Oh and watch out for guys wearing ties; there's something fishy about them. ;) Guys who wear choker necklaces on the other hand are cool.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Damn, my bro Wellington is gonna be there. And that is a lot of people, starting to rival Korean BBQ night.

Jhoan

Yeah, I thought Jason was the only one wearing one.

What you talking about boy? Jason is easily the most recognizable guy in the group. He doesn't like the idea either (admit it Jason). I think if people ask for your GAF name then you tell them. Or conversely, tell them your GAF name, then your real name. Real Pic January made things a lot easier on that end.

And let me find out EvilLore and Wellington have a bromance going on (well he did inspire you to travel around the States for a month which was a bad ass thread in and of itself). ;)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
What you talking about boy? Jason is easily the most recognizable guy in the group. He doesn't want to wear one either (admit it Jason). I think if people ask for your GAF name then you tell them. Or conversely, tell them your GAF name, then your real name. Real Pic January made things a lot easier on that end.

And let me find out EvilLore and Wellington have a bromance going on (well he did inspire you to travel around the States for a month which was a bad ass thread in and of itself). ;)

We were rivals in Kohan: Ahriman's Gift for a very long time. Usually the GAF teams were split up with me on one side and Wellington on the other for balancing purposes. We only ever 1v1ed once, though. I used tactical trickery to pull off the win :D

jasonng

The name tag thing was a request from a few, I'm personally not a fan of it myself. The only thing I wanted to do with it was troll people by putting my name as Evilore (no one would know). Not having a nametag certainly didnt stop us from having a damn good time.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Nametags helped a lot in the LA meetup. Associating 40 faces with names while drinking heavily is difficult enough, but even more so when it's internet handles AND real names. I'm sure NYC-GAF is way too cool for that sort of thing though ;b

jasonng

Well alright, this just got more interesting.

Here's the quick head count on for Saturday:

Surelys
jasonng
Jazzy Network
bob page
Kccitystar
jon bones
El Sloth
Tashi0106
aorange999
Jipan
Penguin
whiteknight
Invisible_Insane
Revolutionary
CajoleJuice
number47
The Last Wizard
Wellington
Houston3000
ShinobiFist
jordan0386
fallengorn
MrOogieBoogie
Szu
-PXG-
gutterboy44
lawblob
baekshi

Maebys
Crab Shaker
djtiesto
EviLore
Host Samurai
Dmncnby2k9
BertramCooper
Angry Fork
Fourth Storm + 1
smokeymicpot
Mammoth Jones
Shiggie
dbztrk
richiek
TangMeng
Himself

Jhoan

We were rivals in Kohan: Ahriman's Gift for a very long time. Usually the GAF teams were split up with me on one side and Wellington on the other for balancing purposes. We only ever 1v1ed once, though. I used tactical trickery to pull off the win :D

*Googles Kohan: Ahriman's Gift* Ohh a PC game, no wonder I've never heard of it (I've been a console peasant since the NES days) and it's an RTS game ala the Command and Conquer series. It shows how out of touch of I am with the internet and GAF. I think the first game I played online was an MMO shooter called Gunz in 2006. Well technically, it was this online flash sim game called Coke Music (which is now mycokerewards.com) which I played during my 56K days in the early 2000s. And you used cheap tricks too! You scoundrel!

It looks like you guys have a grudge match to settle. Unless you called it even in another game. Since you guys lived a couple of train rides away from each other, did you guys ever meet in person?

EDIT: EvilLore does have a point. I'll print out my avatar picture with the name as well just in case. If people bring name tags, I won't have a problem slapping one on. If not, then it doesn't matter.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
*Googles Kohan: Ahriman's Gift* Ohh a PC game, no wonder I've never heard it (I've been a console peasant since the NES days) and it's an RTS game ala the Command and Conquer series. It shows how out of touch of I am with the internet and GAF. I think the first game I played online was an MMO shooter called Gunz in 2006. Well technically, it was this online flash sim game called Coke Music (which is now mycokerewards.com) which I played during my 56K days in the early 2000s. And you used cheap tricks too! You scoundrel!

It looks like you guys have a grudge match to settle. Unless you called it even in another game. Since you guys lived a couple of train rides away from each other, did you guys ever meet in person?

Nope, never met up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The name tag thing was a request from a few, I'm personally not a fan of it myself. The only thing I wanted to do with it was troll people by putting my name as Evilore (no one would know). Not having a nametag certainly didnt stop us from having a damn good time.

My nametag would say Blame Space

Mully

I'm a maybe. I could definitely flake on dishwashing this wedding and give the job to my best friend, but I would definitely piss my boss off.

TangMeng

Surelys
jasonng
Jazzy Network
bob page
Kccitystar
jon bones
El Sloth
Tashi0106
aorange999
Jipan
Penguin
whiteknight
Invisible_Insane
Revolutionary
CajoleJuice
number47
The Last Wizard
Wellington
Houston3000
ShinobiFist
jordan0386
fallengorn
MrOogieBoogie
Szu
-PXG-
gutterboy44
lawblob
baekshi

Maebys
Crab Shaker
djtiesto
EviLore
Host Samurai
Dmncnby2k9
BertramCooper
Angry Fork
Fourth Storm + 1
smokeymicpot
Mammoth Jones
Shiggie
dbztrk
richiek
TangMeng
Himself

Looks like a sausage fest... I'm in.

I'm a maybe. I could definitely flake on dishwashing this wedding and give the job to my best friend, but I would definitely piss my boss off.

Go! I need a drinking partner for the train!

I see some new faces there along with some familiar ones. I can't believe we're going to be wearing name tags; I thought using real names was just fine, but it makes sense to attach GAF names to real names. If people asked who I was, I would just point my phone at them. Most of you know what I look like any way. Oh and no Kool-Aid smiles for Saturday's pics for sure; they look so bad.

Speed Dating tomorrow+ Saturday's GAF meet up means it's gonna be one of the most fun weekends I've had in a while.

Oh and watch out for guys wearing ties; there's something fishy about them. ;) Guys who wear choker necklaces on the other hand are cool.

Yeah, those guys wearing ties. I'll bet they're viral marketing robots. Tsk tsk.

name tags are pretty lame come on guys

I dunno. They weren't bad at all. Like Evil said, they really help with big parties and the fact that you're cross-eyed drunk for most of the meeting. Plus yours would get to say "Jon 'Mother Fuckin' Bones."

jasonng

Uh oh, hopefully the bar can fit all of us.

Surelys
jasonng
Jazzy Network
bob page
Kccitystar
jon bones
EviLore
El Sloth
Tashi0106
aorange999
Jipan
Penguin
whiteknight
Invisible_Insane
Revolutionary
CajoleJuice
number47
The Last Wizard
Wellington
Houston3000
ShinobiFist
jordan0386
fallengorn
MrOogieBoogie
Szu
-PXG-
gutterboy44
lawblob
baekshi
TangMeng
smokeymicpot

Maebys
Crab Shaker
djtiesto
Mully
Host Samurai
Dmncnby2k9
BertramCooper
Angry Fork
Fourth Storm + 1
Mammoth Jones
Shiggie
dbztrk
richiek
Himself

bob page

Mother of god, I have no idea how we're all going to fit inside The GAF. Oh well, it's not too far from Latitude.

1thegaf.jpg

bob page

Awesome, you have a back up. You're in charge getting people to the other bar if we need to switch. kthxbye.

Haha, that's fine with me. When we went to Latitude for the last one, I think I remember there being 3 floors or something, so it would definitely be suitable for an overflow bar.

RawPower

Banned
Uh oh, hopefully the bar can fit all of us.

Surelys
jasonng
Jazzy Network
bob page
Kccitystar
jon bones
EviLore
El Sloth
Tashi0106
aorange999
Jipan
Penguin
whiteknight
Invisible_Insane
Revolutionary
CajoleJuice
number47
The Last Wizard
Wellington
Houston3000
ShinobiFist
jordan0386
fallengorn
MrOogieBoogie
Szu
-PXG-
gutterboy44
lawblob
baekshi
TangMeng
smokeymicpot

Maebys
Crab Shaker
djtiesto
Mully
Host Samurai
Dmncnby2k9
BertramCooper
Angry Fork
Fourth Storm + 1
Mammoth Jones
Shiggie
dbztrk
richiek
Himself

I hope you've got a broom or a shovel handy because you won't be fitting in that many people otherwise. ;D

number47

nametags don't make a difference.you are there to meet gaf. not just x,y,and z.plus it will be better to know real names than a tag. on that note. my name is Abraham Lincoln.

I'm in too.

Mind you, I said I was down for Saturday night on like, post 99 of this thread...but fuck it, I'll say it again.

I'm in!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Heading to the times square webcam after we're all thoroughly wasted and dancing for foreveralone-gaf's entertainment better still be on the agenda

Barrett2

Heading to the times square webcam after we're all thoroughly wasted and dancing for foreveralone-gaf's entertainment better still be on the agenda

That's a pretty good idea.
KuGsj.gif

Just remembered I have that GAF shirt I can wear. So no Pickachu costume!

Top Bottom