• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

+1 for Bush in Kentucky (which he will carry easily)

I also voted for one democrat and one independant, so let the record state that.

Makura

Hitokage said:
Daft maybe, but at least we aren't the ones who are more willfully ignorant of basic facts on major issues. ;)

rolleyes-big.gif

Koshiro said:
Allow me to shake your hand sir.

Thanks!

I think Minnesota is going to go Blue. I heard 2 older people in line infront of me saying how they just decided in the past couple of days who they were going to vote for. From the likes of it, it sounded like Kerry. The one guy said "Things were going great under Clinton" and the lady later added that she thought "Patty Wetterling was so nice." Clinton and Wetterling are both Democrats. There was a guy in line with a Bush button(against the rules) but no one said anything to him. Just looking around, I could spot Democrats...lots of women out there early voting...who tend to be Democrats.

On the way out...at the edge of the school...there was a guy out there with a MoveOn Pac sign...he said, "thanks for voting" as I put on my Kerry knit hat and walked the block back to my house.

Eric-GCA

Banned
+1 for Bush in liberal California! :D

I'm also gonna make sure that none of these propositions pass which give more money to this incompetent state (basically I'll be following the Governators recommendations).

Gantz

Banned
Who thinks there is going to be a big legal battle till the end of the week? Is there a deadline when they have to make up their minds?

Over at DU...they're reporting HUGE turnout in Virginia. It's been in the weak Bush column for some time now. Think we'll be seeing that Blue tonight. I think this will be wrapped up tonight now.

Bush is toast.

AeroGod

+1 for Bush in Johio

For the past month ive been impressed with Kerry in debates and whatnot, plus he swears and thats cool and makes him a badass but when I got there I just took a long hard look and decided I was going to vote for Bush. I mean, he's just adorable. Plus a brotha just cant get enough of that ass(his daughters)

Ohh well. Good luck to both of them, either way im sure i wont care as much as everyone else here.

Diablos

AeroGod said:
+1 for Bush in Johio

For the past month ive been impressed with Kerry in debates and whatnot, plus he swears and thats cool and makes him a badass but when I got there I just took a long hard look and decided I was going to vote for Bush.
Surely you are joking...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
At the last minute I decided to stay registered at my parents address (in BFE) because one of my high school buddies is in a tight race for state rep (he *should* still win however) so that I could vote for him.. I get there at 6:45 (15 minutes before the polls open) and there is a line of about 100 people. Doesnt seem that impressive until you realize a total of 23 people voted in that precinct in 2000. Turnout is going to be CRAZY if this is any indication (and being hardcore Bush country, I would expect turnout to be better in battleground states). Random note: my parents live in the middle of farm land that is somehow gone democratic forever, dont ask me, I lived there for 18 years and I never understood how.

For what its worth (nothing) +1 Kerry in Texas.

AirBrian

Well, there was another thread with people's voting choice, but I understand wanting to keep it all in one thread. So I'll repost my early vote...

+1 Michael Badnarik (Texas)

draven

Florida:
+1 Kerry (me - no brainer, as a liberal democrat)
+1 Kerry (my brother - a suprise coming from a liberal republican)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Willco said:
I live in Montgomery Village, remember? I invited you to HOUSE PARTY VII: HOUSE PARTY RECKONING.

I thought so but hey I can't remember all this shit. ;)

Willco

Hollywood Square
DarienA said:
I thought so but hey I can't remember all this shit. ;)

I voted at Neelsville Middle School because I forgot to change my address earlier, though. It's strange to go to the middle school I used to frequent every day to vote. I feel old now.

Seth C said:
I can't wait until Bush wins by a considerable margin
I don't think I can wait around that long, either. :D

Dreamfixx said:
How trustworthy is Electoral-Vote.com?
Trustworthy how? They don't make things up, but whether you want to go by their methodology is... well, up to you. They only use the most recent poll (they moved to averaging at one point, but most people seemed to hate it), only leaving certain polling groups out if it's known that they do push polls. So since not even the pollsters agree much, and the numbers are close anyway, the map recently has more to do with who happens to have the most recent poll.

teiresias

+1 Kerry, Virginia

waited for 1.5 hours, which my dad tells me is very long for this polling place (I've only voted in an off-year election since changing where I'm registered, so this is my first time doing it at this particular location for a presidential race so I have no first-hand experience myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom