• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, smaller parties don't have as strong a presence in Wisconsin. I wish I could tell you why, but I really don't know.

And your damn right I voted for Feingold. Not only has he done a fantastic job, the guy running against him is a dink.

"Hi, I'm Tim Michels, and I know how to defend our country because I was in the army for 12 years. . ."

". . .guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier."

u_neek

Hmm... why would anyone vote for Bush? He's the dumbest man on earth.. I really can't take him seriously.

N Coward Parody said:
I have a question for Wisconsinites...

I'm from California, and just recently moved here, and I was baffled by the absence of propositions on the ballot. Not to mention there was a total of, like, five offices to vote for - most of which didn't provide a challenger to the Democrat.

I'm in Madison. There was one proposition about spending money out of a shoreline maintenance fund, I believe it was, on building swimming pools. I shut it down.

I know all things election are supposed to go in the mass election thread but, I think this is seperate enough that it warrants it's own thread. All I want to know is how long you stood in line to vote nothing more.

It took me 2.5 hours to vote.

Avondale, AZ

robochimp

N Coward Parody said:
Haha, I did vote in Milwaukee. It was less impressive than a HOW DID WE, LIKE, TOTALLY DO? comment card at TGI Friday's...

*Noel Coward Parody

Thats all there was to the Milwaukee ballot, I voted this morning. I think most of the initiatives and other issues were delt with during the primaries and mayoral races earlier this year.

And I of course voted For Mr Feingold. I cant wait to see how poorly Mr Tim "I havent read the Patriot act but I think its all great stuff" Michaels does.

Triumph

Banned
Phoenix said:
Either you're lieing about voting (which would make you a loser), didn't vote yet, or your polling station was busted. Nader isn't a candidate for president in GA.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/GA/P/00/index.html

MICHAEL BADNARIK is the Libertarian candidate for GA.
That's funny, because last time I checked YOU COULD WRITE IN A CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT, EVEN ON A TOUCHSCREEN MACHINE THAT IS RIGGED TO GIVE BUSH THE STATE ANYHOW.

robochimp said:
Thats all there was to the Milwaukee ballot, I voted this morning. I think most of the initiatives and other issues were delt with during the primaries and mayoral races earlier this year.

Oops, I forgot about the primaries/local elections. Yeah, those are when most propositions and such are held.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i walked from my house to the polling place. there was no line so it took maybe 10 minutes to get outo f my house and put in my vote.

xsarien

daedsiluap
About 15 minutes between parking, signining in, and actually going into the voting booth. But I went really early.

Yeah, I just saw that. According to those polling numbers, New Jersey is the deciding state with its 15 electoral votes.

This election is certainly dramatic. :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Duck of Death said:
Yeah, I just saw that. According to those polling numbers, New Jersey is the deciding state with its 15 electoral votes.

This election is certainly dramatic. :)

God dammit, Jersey...

Vicious

There were tons of people at my polling location, but about 6 lines seperating all the letters of the alphabet... mine just happened to be the only line with nobody in it, so it took about 5 minutes.

edit - This is Tampa, FL.

Triumph

Banned
siamesedreamer said:
Georgia

+1 Bush
+1 Isakson
+1 Gay marriage ban

Suck it down haters.
You are aware that the gay marriage ban would also likely make civil unions illegal as well, aren't you? Are you also aware that it is already illegal for gay people to get married in GA?

Ugh. Why do I bother. I need to move to another country or possibly even planet.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Walked to the place, wasn't sure if I was in the right place due to the rather small crowd. Walked in, took maybe 2 minutes for them to find me in the list after I showed them my IDs. Took about a minute to decide who to vote for, then spent about 3 minutes talking to a newspaper reporter outside.

Vgamer

u_neek said:
Hmm... why would anyone vote for Bush? He's the dumbest man on earth.. I really can't take him seriously.

I thought we where trying not to be adversarial in this thread?

FnordChan

Placed my vote around 8:50am. My polling place is all of a three minute walk from my house; I spent the time en route and back singing "James K. Polk" by They Might Be Giants. No wait, friendly folks, and North Carolina's reliable "draw in the middle of an arrow" method of voting. Go Kerry! Go Bowles!

FnordChan

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FnordChan said:
Placed my vote around 8:50am. My polling place is all of a three minute walk from my house; I spent the time en route and back singing "James K. Polk" by They Might Be Giants. No wait, friendly folks, and North Carolina's reliable "draw in the middle of an arrow" method of voting. Go Kerry! Go Bowles!

FnordChan
Mecklenburg County uses push-button voting. Toggle selections, then hit the big red encased button to cast.

MIMIC

Banned
xsarien said:
The news said that he was voting in Crawford, and then going back to DC. Did that change?

They have said it on the radio at least 5 times already, so I guess his plans changed. I'm gonna see if I can verify that with some other source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom