• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet1911

Hammer24 said:
Did I just read it right, that the GBA outsold the PS3?!?

The Wii was the top-selling console in February in terms of unit sales, followed by the PlayStation 2 - with consumers taken advantages of lower prices for the PS2 machine.

The Nintendo DS was third, ahead of the Xbox 360, the PSP, Nintendo's GameBoy Advance and the PlayStation 3.

Seem so. o_O

I told you guys about Wii Play. It's going to be the first official non-game in next-gen North America. There's no real reason that it wouldn't sell as well here as it has in Japan, since people will always need new controllers, and a $10 game is a nice bonus.

Oh, and

The Nintendo DS was third, ahead of the Xbox 360, the PSP, Nintendo's GameBoy Advance and the PlayStation 3.

Didn't the GBA sell <200k in the January NPD? o_0

Fjolle

In terms of hardware sales revenue, the Wii also led the field in February with the Xbox 360 second and the PS3 third.

So.. Wii outsold PS3 by at least 2,4..
Ouch...
Also, isnt NPD data for Canada just the US numbers extrapolated (?) to fit the canadian market?

pswii60 said:
I expect Play to outsell Crackdown in the US aswell

Then I'm moving to this guy's house:
04.jpg

AirBrian

Fjolle said:
So.. Wii outsold PS3 by at least 2,4..
Ouch...
Also, isnt NPD data for Canada just the US numbers extrapolated (?) to fit the canadian market?
No, NPD Canada is a separate entity.

Jokeropia said:
Triple slam for Wii. Best selling system, best selling accessory and best selling game. :)

Wow, Sony doesn't seem to be doing good in canada software wise..

out of all sony's consoles they have GH2 at 10 and Hockey at 11

then the ps3 resistance at 20..

is this some kind of bizzare world?

last gen it was like top 10 ps2 games

FrankT

Are there going to be software numbers tonight or is it going to be like last time with the software following the next day? Well as was the case with gaf they all followed the next day I should say.

chibcicylist said:
Wii controller and Halo Beta plus thier bonus games ftw!

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
1 Gears of War
2 Crackdown
3 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
4 Call Of Duty 3
5 Alien Hominid HD
6 GRAW 2 MP Demo
7 Worms
8 Madden NFL 07
9 Oblivion
10 Lost Planet

Whoops.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BenjaminBirdie said:
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)
1 Gears of War
2 Crackdown
3 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
4 Call Of Duty 3
5 Alien Hominid HD
6 GRAW 2 MP Demo
7 Worms
8 Madden NFL 07
9 Oblivion
10 Lost Planet

Whoops.
All the people who bought it have to play something until the beta opens. :)

Fuzzy said:
All the people who bought it have to play something until the beta opens. :)

It's amazing the depths of delusion piled upon delusion that is trotted out to support this line of thinking.

NO THEY DON'T. They can just throw it in the back of the cupboard and eat cereal. They can put in a Safety Deposit Box at their local Commerce Bank and play Hotel Dusk.

They can do eight million other things. But they're playing Crackdown.

Get over it.

BenjaminBirdie said:
It's amazing the depths of delusion piled upon delusion that is trotted out to support this line of thinking.

NO THEY DON'T. They can just throw it in the back of the cupboard and eat cereal. They can put in a Safety Deposit Box at their local Commerce Bank and play Hotel Dusk.

Get over it.

Dude, relax. I also took a jab at Wii Play. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:

Get over it.
Trust me, he was joking. Even put a smily face in there and everything. :)

PleoMax

Banned
Man, i hope mass effect can be as successfull (or even more) than crackdown. I'm feeling kinda bad that crackdown is going to make awesome numbers and mass effect will maybe do less unless MS really goes at it with the marketing campaign. Same for Too Human.

:(

PleoMax said:
Man, i hope mass effect can be as successfull (or even more) than crackdown. I'm feeling kinda bad that crackdown is going to make awesome numbers and mass effect will maybe do less unless MS really goes at it with the marketing campaing. Same for Too Human.

I wouldn't worry about Mass Effect. Being the 360's best reviewed game ever will help it quite a bit.

FrankT

PleoMax said:
Man, i hope mass effect can be as successfull (or even more) than crackdown. I'm feeling kinda bad that crackdown is going to make awesome numbers and mass effect will maybe do less unless MS really goes at it with the marketing campaign. Same for Too Human.

Believe me bro, Mass Effect is going to sale sale sale. Too Human, time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom