• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb NPD 2007 Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjolle

Bah. All you people who say thats its gonna get crazy tonight have the numbers already, or are they just pulling stuff from their behinds?

Branduil

Man, what's with the doom and gloom guys?

The PS3 isn't going anywhere. It's right where Sony wants it to be, so that in 2008, when HD penetration takes off, it will strike back like a snake, like a snake that bites people with high-definition fangs, full of brand-power venom striking from the shadows when no one expects it.

tinderbox

Fjolle said:
Bah. All you people who say thats its gonna get crazy tonight have the numbers already, or are they just pulling stuff from their behinds?

We're getting em from 1 particular site. Sony not happy if true.

Norse

LukeSmith said:
This will be the best NPD thread ever.

I can promise you that now.

Luke, awesme interview with Shane Kim. Good stuff. That guy just seems to be really cool...and knows what he is doing.

So Virtua Fighter bombed in the USA as well(as far as selling systems go)? Ouch. That 360 port seems like a great decision from what we know now.

I want software numbers dammit!

sp0rsk said:
Let's start a pool on how man sites get the numbers before we do.

Can't the numbers be said as something like "Some places are reporting them as..." I don't think that would get ya'll into any trouble. Otherwise there's just gonna be 5 more pages of "oh man!!! just you wait!!" blech

909er

So, can you guys answer this?

Apparently, PS3 did bad, and Wii did great, but how did the 360 do? As expected? Worse? Better?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Normally I don't really care about sales figures as long as I continue to get games I enjoy, but THAT number is so bad that it could potentially scare publishers away.

Price drop has to come now or THAT COMPANY will be giving the race away.

JB1981 said:
I'm scared.

Hold me Y2KevBug.

*holds*

pilonv1

404 errors already. Get the backup systems going!

_human_hamster_wheel_1.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
909er said:

Apparently, PS3 did bad, and Wii did great, but how did the 360 do? As expected? Worse? Better?

I would say as expected, maybe a little worse based on the apparently awesome crackdown sales.

Maridia

One of the best parts of ye olde NPD was the 4 pages of truly spontaneous damage control that sprung up immediately. This kind of takes that away, which makes me sad.

farnham

Banned
Norse said:
Luke, awesme interview with Shane Kim. Good stuff. That guy just seems to be really cool...and knows what he is doing.
ditto

the whole interview completely restoired my faith in luke and shaneK (not B.)

Arsenal

909er said:

About as expected.

The DS on the other hand... wow. Although there is a good chance those numbers are not totally accurate - certain people were messing with us last month too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom