• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Were there no episodes aired the last few weeks?
It fails to chart even though the bottom are low 3s and going into 2s.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-20/japan-animation-tv-ranking-august-10-16/.91928
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-13/japan-animation-tv-ranking-august-3-9/.91639

Decolore was largely hanging around the mid to upper 3s/lower 4s, going through the various weeks.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14333

There was a week off, yeah. There's always a slight drop after a week off too.

Nightbird

The upcoming announcement would be the perfect time for a new thread. We are at page 393 ;)

I was about to say that I could try to make the new OP, but then I went back to see what the one of this Thread looked like:

ihTdQr19oMvR1.gif

There's no way in hell I could create something even half as good as that

Nightbird

Always a chance but my hopes aren't high.

So much for my theory, eh?

Well, we did got a "new" Game, so it wasn't a complete waste.

My Money is on a Nintendo Direct now. Not a Pokémon one (even though it's possible), but rather a general one as a surprise at the end

Kyzer

Banned
I knew it was too good to be true. We will get the slightest leaky butthole of info until spring where they'll unveil the game for late 2016

Since this is a Spring game, I'm really worried about the next main game.

Next year is pretty much a guarantee anyway. At least the longer it takes, the more time they have to work on it. Late 2016 also doesn't seem that bad to me because the 3DS will already have a good install base and Pokemon sells anyway.

Oswen

Hope crashed and burned.

At this rate the last gen 6 game will probably launch when the next console will be already out, like with BW2.
GF gonna GF, like always.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Could get an early 2016 reveal for mid 2016 release like B2W2 in theory.

Seriously, though, this could still happen too...even if Pokken slated for Spring (probably May/June) kind of decrease chances of it happening.

JoeM86

Seriously, though, this could still happen too...even if Pokken slated for Spring (probably May/June) kind of decrease chances of it happening.

This is true.

It could still be Feb 2016 with this Spring 2016 with Spring being May. Stranger things have happened.

I just don't understand why they'd reveal the blob and what is obviously Mega Zygarde if the game is over a year away that's why even though my theory seems to have failed, I have a little hope, just a bit deflated.

Xenoboy

Pokken is nice, I'll at least have something to play on my Wii U then. 3DS already has its titles that I'll buy next year, but I'm still hoping for Z.

brinstar

I mean, they'd still have to reveal the next game soon I imagine if Coro Coro is gonna have details on the blob/big shadow. I feel like it'd be impossible to talk about them without talking about a new game.

JoeM86

I mean, they'd still have to reveal the next game soon I imagine if Coro Coro is gonna have details on the blob/big shadow. I feel like it'd be impossible to talk about them without talking about a new game.

Saying that, though, it's not unprecedented.

We knew Munchlax a short while before Diamond & Pearl were revealed.
We knew Giratina Origin Forme a short while before Platinum was revealed.
We knew Zorua/Zoroark a short while before Black & White were fully revealed (but after the games existing, nameless, was known)

It has happened.

Busaiku

Let's hope Corocoro delivers then.
It'll already be cutting it close, but if we don't see an announcement then for a Winter release, then Pokemon will really be pushing it with a Summer/Fall release.

Not only would launching closer to NX be foolish, but that'd also be Yokai Watch 3 and Dragon Quest XI.
Pokemon can't be that dumb.

brinstar

Saying that, though, it's not unprecedented.

We knew Munchlax a short while before Diamond & Pearl were revealed.
We knew Giratina Origin Forme a short while before Platinum was revealed.
We knew Zorua/Zoroark a short while before Black & White were fully revealed (but after the games existing, nameless, was known)

It has happened.
ah yeah that's true, forgot about how they handled Giratina

tauroxd

Absolutely. Three and a half weeks to go

Well this could be it, right?

And you seem to be sure that it's a third version. like Z... I haven't seen you write about sequel, like B2/W2, which makes me sad because that's what I want the most :( I don't think I will buy Z (if it's just a third version).

GoldStarz

And you seem to be sure that it's a third version. like Z... I haven't seen you write about sequel, like B2/W2, which makes me sad because that's what I want the most :( I don't think I will buy Z (if it's just a third version).
X/Y has waaaay too many problems for a sequel, imo. It really needs the third version tune-up to make half of what it wants to do actually work.

Also, there really aren't any loose ends to take care of.

JoeM86

All I've said is that it'd focus on Zygarde. Never said anything about third version, sequel or something entirely new ;)

I daren't guess. Game Freak are hard to predict with this

Billyman

Neo Member
Apparently there's a secret event slot that's taking place at 3:30 EST at worlds today. I know it's a stretch but maybe that's when they'll make the big announcement?

Weebos

Banned
Apparently there's a secret event slot that's taking place at 3:30 EST at worlds today. I know it's a stretch but maybe that's when they'll make the big announcement?

If they're going to make a second announcement I imagine it would be at the end of Worlds.

Seems very unlikely though.

Top Bottom