• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Tomita

So, I ran into an interesting glitch tonight... When staring at the "passerbyers" when connecting online, I noticed one of the profile sprites was all screwed up looking, and their name was garbled nonsense with Japanese characters, and then I checked out their profile (which was the only option available with this person). The stat numbers like playing time are screwy and it keeps repeating "What's your secret? / I actually have a girlfriend!" over and over.

K01q80E.jpg

It amused me, anyway. Hopefully it's completely harmless to my game, but it was pretty bizzaro staring at it. I took some crappy photos here: http://imgur.com/a/4U6yn

Seems like everyone is talking about competitive stuff but I felt the urge to post this somewhere on the Internet instead of just laughing to a friend about it.

Haha, that's pretty amusing. I assume it's a hacked profile and harmless once it falls off your Passersby list.

Kind of curious if it's from a Chinese fan translation considering the glitched kanji near the name.

Also, I believe Pokemon tweeted about the PGL issue and they said they're working on it. If you're lucky, they might extend the registrations.

If not, I will be getting some spare Mewtwo codes. Only a few though!

Ryan_09

PGL finally started working for me last night. Was able to scrub my old Trainer Account, make a new one, add all my games to the new one, and register for the competition. This should solve my issue of not getting newsletters. It's a bit sad to see my previous conpetition results go, and I'll need to take time to trade over my TCGO cards... but I'll be relieved if the issues are solved. ^-^

I feel like I needed a fresh start for Sun and Moon anyways. XD

Well, I opted into (Video Game) Play Points and signed into PGL but clicking "Online Competitions" to sign up still only shows previous events leaving nowhere to register for the June challenge.

Ryan_09

So I logged into GL with my new account and it's asking me to register my games again? Wonder if something broke. This website has given me nothing but technical issues. Lol

Muku

This is going to sound like a weird question, but how do back legs on Arceus and Kelseo work? They bend forward if they were to lie down, correct?

Ryan_09

Finally got a chance to try and fix my stuff. It unopted me from Play! and won't let me reopt in no matter how many times I submit, and when I try and re-synch my games, it's telling me that my games are already synched to another account. So I can't access anything on the Global Link side apart from the Game Sync screen. Hopefully this gets resolved before the competition. :\

Update: Aaaand I can't even access Customer Service now. Whelp. Starting to get a tad irritated about this.

Update 2: Tried logging on to my old account... and all my games are there. This is absolutely comical now. How did that even happen?

Update 3: So I do have 1 Play! Point on my old account for this season. Any chance I can still get the shiny Mewtwo? Despite getting screwed out of both the Kanto Birds and Mew newsletters? There is no way I'm going to be able to remove and re-register my games to the new account in time.

Ryan_09

I feel ya. I resorted to eBay for it, mostly just for Moltres. My current plan is, buy a digital copy of Alpha Sapphire, get to the point where I can download my Digital ID, use bank to transfer my team for the competition over to it and register that copy to my new account. Once the competition is over, try removing all my games from my old account again, the digital copy of AS from my new account, and then re-add my 4 cartridge games back onto my new account. Convoluted as heck, but it's a war of attrition at this point. Since customer support refuses to help, I'll get a working account myself.

Muku

Needed back in PGL as I put my OR on a new account completely. Hoping that also helps out with newsletter so I can help someone who gets screwed. Wish I'd done his sooner. :( Have X and AS on one and OR on other. May attach Y to it as well.

Wish everyone good luck on this. Hoping I've even signed up correctly. Just want my one play coin each.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey all.

Due to Muku's incredible generosity, I'm giving away a US Darkrai code. Quote this post to find it in an email tag.

I still have one more Darkrai code to trade for a 20th anniversary Jirachi if anyone else has an extra.

Thanks again Muku for not only donating a Jirachi to me and a Darkrai to gaf, but taking the time to actually schedule all this with me.

Muku

Hey all.

Due to Muku's incredible generosity, I'm giving away a US Darkrai code. Quote this post to find it in an email tag.

I still have one more Darkrai code to trade for a 20th anniversary Jirachi if anyone else has an extra.

Thanks again Muku for not only donating a Jirachi to me and a Darkrai to gaf, but taking the time to actually schedule all this with me.

You are most welcome! :D Hope whomever gets it enjoys it. I hope you enjoy your Jirachi as well. And good luck on finding the second one!

Tomita

Haha, that's pretty amusing. I assume it's a hacked profile and harmless once it falls off your Passersby list.

Kind of curious if it's from a Chinese fan translation considering the glitched kanji near the name.[/spoiler]

Ah, it may be a Chinese fan translation... who really wants us to know about their girlfriend. :p

Good luck on everyone trying to get in. Feel you with the saltiness there, PreyingShark. ):

Muku

This is going to sound like a weird question, but how do back legs on Arceus and Kelseo work? They bend forward if they were to lie down, correct?

Just going to requote, because it's something I am thinking of working on soon. I just need to know if they're like deer legs, or if they're more normal where knee sits forward. It's a weird question, I know. x_x

Ryan_09

Just going to requote, because it's something I am thinking of working on soon. I just need to know if they're like deer legs, or if they're more normal where knee sits forward. It's a weird question, I know. x_x

I'm at work atm, so I can't link. Maybe try looking for clips of Jewel of Life and that Keldeo/Kyurem movie?

Hi PokeGaf !

I'm needing extra help! ASAP pls!

I'm looking for a Timid Thundurus with these IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD (the rest at 31 )

I'm also looking for a Friend Guard Sassy Clefairy for breeding.

I have an event MEW for trade for the Thundurus with those stats. For Clefairy we can see what do you need and how can I help. I also have some TCGO Codes for them !

They're for VGC, at first I wasn't going to have time to participate, but now I do, I only lack those 2 for the team I'm building.

HALP GAF!

Thanks!

EDIT: Got the Clefairy :D Still lacking that Thundurus though, so... there's a MEW waiting ! If the Thundurus has other good IV spread (5 or 6 or even 4 if it's well spread), it will do, as long as it's Prankster/Timid

Muku

So boring. Everyone I went up against had Groudon/Kyogre/Palkia. Not even trying to win, but when it comes down to same few legendary. Yawn. I guess this is also why I don't get into this.

I've played my three games. (And lost. Yay.) Where do I check to see that I got my coin? I'm assuming this is right, because remember someone saying just forfeit three games and you should get it. I just don't know where in this mess of a website it is to see if I got it.

Edit: Also not sure about Arceus and Keldeo. Their hind legs look like that of a deer in some way. Which makes me wonder if they were to say sit on the ground whether they would fold up like a deers or another way. Right now just looking at their legs I'm tempted to say deer?

Firestorm

So boring. Everyone I went up against had Groudon/Kyogre/Palkia. Not even trying to win, but when it comes down to same few legendary. Yawn. I guess this is also why I don't get into this.

I've played my three games. (And lost. Yay.) Where do I check to see that I got my coin? I'm assuming this is right, because remember someone saying just forfeit three games and you should get it. I just don't know where in this mess of a website it is to see if I got it.

Edit: Also not sure about Arceus and Keldeo. Their hind legs look like that of a deer in some way. Which makes me wonder if they were to say sit on the ground whether they would fold up like a deers or another way. Right now just looking at their legs I'm tempted to say deer?
You saw Palkia? o.o Though yes, picking 2 from a pool of 14 does give very little choice.

It's points, not a coin. You'll see it in your Play! Pokemon section if you log into Pokemon.com but you won't get it until likely next month I'd say. Maybe end of the month if they try to get it done before US Nationals.

Ryan_09

Considering all the nonsense I had to go through, I did pretty well last night! 10 wins, 5 losses. My team is unfortunately kind of hobbled together, but surprisingly my Galvantula and (non mega) Sableye are my star players. ^-^ I think I'll be using Galvantula more often.

I can't use Megas this competition (sorry, Metagross :() so I'm stuck with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Tbf though, they only tend to get sent out if I need an Icy Wind or Rock Tomb. The original plan was to have Mega Metagross and Sableye wreck house, especially with my completely rational dislike of Xerneas/Kangaskhan/Smeargle, and Rayquaza deal with Primal Groudon. Oh well. Thankfully all the Xerneas users I've battled so far have been getting trigger happy/greedy with Geomancy, so they've been shut down pretty easily with Sableye's Taunt and Galvantula being hilariously troll-y.

You saw Palkia? o.o Though yes, picking 2 from a pool of 14 does give very little choice.

It's points, not a coin. You'll see it in your Play! Pokemon section if you log into Pokemon.com but you won't get it until likely next month I'd say. Maybe end of the month if they try to get it done before US Nationals.

Is it normal that it opts me out of Play! Rankings everytime I log out? I'm going to submit an inquiry to customer service anyways, but they haven't been helpful at all to me... lol

Muku

Yes. I was kind of shocked. Rend spam. But I wasn't even trying. Just picking crappy moves on my crappy Pokemon not even set up for it, haha. Pretty sure they were like "OMG easy win!" Wanted to drop kick stupid legendaries.

Hm, well, I said coin because isn't that what was said to be required for the shiny Mewtwo? Or did they also fudge up their wordingo n that. Either way, I'll be mad if I don't get it. It's only reason I dealt with this whole hassle.

Sadly, on my OR play, in second game I actually managed to kill the dudes first two Pokemon without trying. I was a bit shocked. But those were my only kills. LOL.

Edit: Ryan, you too? I just logged in and it says I'm opted out even though I opted in last night before playing. Is this a concern? Because now I'm worried....

Ryan_09

Beats me, bro. I've been re-opting at least once a day every time I log in just incase. Still need to send an inquiry to CS later, but probably won't hear from them til Tuesday.

Muku

Beats me, bro. I've been re-opting at least once a day every time I log in just incase. Still need to send an inquiry to CS later, but probably won't hear from them til Tuesday.

Oh yeah.. CS is already not being helpful to me. I am going to be so pissed if I don't get this...

Edit: Also, their website is the biggest mess ever to find stuff. Seriously. :/

Ryan_09

Just emailed CS asking about the issues with automiatically un-opting, and if there was any way to ensure we'll get our Play! Points for the June 2016 International Competition, and if there is any way we or they can fix this issue.

Cross your fingers, expect the worst, hope for the best. XD

Muku

Just emailed CS asking about the issues with automiatically un-opting, and if there was any way to ensure we'll get our Play! Points for the June 2016 International Competition, and if there is any way we or they can fix this issue.

Cross your fingers, expect the worst, hope for the best. XD

Yeah, sent one as well. I am not expecting much, so meh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I've played my three games. (And lost. Yay.) Where do I check to see that I got my coin? I'm assuming this is right, because remember someone saying just forfeit three games and you should get it. I just don't know where in this mess of a website it is to see if I got it
Is the tournament live now? I'll try to get my battles tonight, after I come home from class (hope I don't do as bad on the battles as I'm about to do on my exam).

Ryan_09

Is the tournament live now? I'll try to get my battles tonight, after I come home from class (hope I don't do as bad on the battles as I'm about to do on my exam).

Tournament has been live since yesterday at 6pm MT. Already got my first 15 battles in yesterday. ^-^ Just waiting for the next day to start.

Wichu

I signed up just for the Mewtwo even though I don't have a good team. I used my old mono-Poison team and played a few games.

Obviously, I don't stand a chance against actual good players, but it's been relaxing playing against a bunch of people that don't really know what they're doing. I somehow have five wins and only one loss so far (loss was to a guy who just stomped me with Mega Rayquaza and Primal Kyogre).

My love for Drapion has been reignited. Drapion is actually the best.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I WON A BATTLE! I can't believe it, I actually won a battle!!! I have no idea how I did it, I was browsing GAF while lazily choosing attacks and party mons to replace fainted ones. My team consisted of Cosplay Pikachu (Pop Star -fairy- costume), Sharpedo (my HM slave in AS), Regice (from that Pokemon Bank event they did it some time ago) and shiny Yveltal (from the recent distribution). My opponent's Swampert was no match for my Mega Sharpedo's speed, so I Strength-ed it to death.

Never mind that I lost the three previous battles. I won this one and it's awesome.

Muku

Just logged in, several hours after my last log-in, and I'm still opted in. Maybe the issue is already solved? ^-^

I hope so. But what does that mean? Do I have to do 3 more battles to get it to count? I just don't have time but I might tonight just to make sure. Sigh. This is worse than I thought it would be.

Any notation on points? I imagine not but worth asking.

KarasuEXE

I WON A BATTLE! I can't believe it, I actually won a battle!!! I have no idea how I did it, I was browsing GAF while lazily choosing attacks and party mons to replace fainted ones. My team consisted of Cosplay Pikachu (Pop Star -fairy- costume), Sharpedo (my HM slave in AS), Regice (from that Pokemon Bank event they did it some time ago) and shiny Yveltal (from the recent distribution). My opponent's Swampert was no match for my Mega Sharpedo's speed, so I Strength-ed it to death.

Never mind that I lost the three previous battles. I won this one and it's awesome.

Congrats! :)

Ryan_09

I hope so. But what does that mean? Do I have to do 3 more battles to get it to count? I just don't have time but I might tonight just to make sure. Sigh. This is worse than I thought it would be.

Any notation on points? I imagine not but worth asking.

Educated guess: I haven't noticed any issues with Global Link rankings, and as long as say, the servers don't get nuked, you should be good as far as number of matches go. What concerns me is how fidgety the main website's profile settings are... my gut says it's "broken newsletter part 2".

Honestly, if you don't have time to actually compete in the competition, I wouldn't stress about it. I would at least check your Play! Settings every once in while, and wait until you get a reply from CS before freaking out. xD

Muku

Educated guess: I haven't noticed any issues with Global Link rankings, and as long as say, the servers don't get nuked, you should be good as far as number of matches go. What concerns me is how fidgety the main website's profile settings are... my gut says it's "broken newsletter part 2".

Honestly, if you don't have time to actually compete in the competition, I wouldn't stress about it. I would at least check your Play! Settings every once in while, and wait until you get a reply from CS before freaking out. xD

Even if it said I was not opted in while doing the battles? Because I didn't realize until after my battles that it had taken me out. :(

Edit: I see that my account is set up and both are opted back in. Going to pray. If I don't get one for both there shall be hell to pay.

Ryan_09

The structure seems to go: [do 3 battles -> qualify for ranked -> if qualified for rank + opted in to Play! Points + opted into newsletter = 1 Play! Point + Shiny Mewtwo]

Like I said, unless your ranking gets nuked (unlikely at this point), the only things you should need to worry about is that your opted into the newsletter and Play!. I've been monitoring my Play! Page frequently and haven't been un-opted out of Play! yet, so I'm going to believe that's been fixed. I would double check by logging out, then logging back in to make sure you it doesn't un-opt you when you log off, then monitor it every so often over the next couple of days. The email thing... if you missed out on the last few event newsletters, you're probably screwed. That's why I made a new account prior to the competition to make sure I had a fresh, working account.

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and get an extra 3 matches in (you can just forfeit them. shouldn't take more than like 10 mins tops). I've been messing with this thing for awhile now, and I'm pretty confident in my observation. You should be good as long as you're getting newsletters and it says your opted into Play! at least most of the time until this competition ends or you get your Play! Point. :)

Firestorm

There definitely seem to be a significant number of people who are just doing the battles for Mewtwo right now. Lot of tweets in my feed complaining about having to play against teams without even any legendaries on them :p

There definitely seem to be a significant number of people who are just doing the battles for Mewtwo right now. Lot of tweets in my feed complaining about having to play against teams without even any legendaries on them :p
I'll probably end up doing that myself tbh. Just three battles right?

All my good shit's on my JPN game. I'd have to move stuff back over to my American AS cart to make a decent team and I'm so not in the mood for that shit.

Muku

The structure seems to go: [do 3 battles -> qualify for ranked -> if qualified for rank + opted in to Play! Points + opted into newsletter = 1 Play! Point + Shiny Mewtwo]

Like I said, unless your ranking gets nuked (unlikely at this point), the only things you should need to worry about is that your opted into the newsletter and Play!. I've been monitoring my Play! Page frequently and haven't been un-opted out of Play! yet, so I'm going to believe that's been fixed. I would double check by logging out, then logging back in to make sure you it doesn't un-opt you when you log off, then monitor it every so often over the next couple of days. The email thing... if you missed out on the last few event newsletters, you're probably screwed. That's why I made a new account prior to the competition to make sure I had a fresh, working account.

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and get an extra 3 matches in (you can just forfeit them. shouldn't take more than like 10 mins tops). I've been messing with this thing for awhile now, and I'm pretty confident in my observation. You should be good as long as you're getting newsletters and it says your opted into Play! at least most of the time until this competition ends or you get your Play! Point. :)

Yeah, I actually logged in and was opted in even though last night I logged out with it having opted me out. I didn't bother going through process again last night after battles because it'd obviously changed it already anyway. That's why I felt better this evening logging in and seeing being opted to play.

Already opted in to newsletter on main account, but also when I created my other one earlier this week opted in for that. Might as well as get a second one for helping folks out. My main has always gotten the newsletters since I signed up for them.. forever ago, for whatever thing they were giving away haha. Pretty sure that was only way they encouraged me to get it iniitally. Secondary account I can't be sure about since it was just created this week. I guess if even only one works out that's fine. Would be a bit sad though as I'd like to help someone with this secondary.

Thank you. :)

It's shiny and it's Mewtwo XD

I'd be happy to fight against crappy teams, but then again I'm still a novice battler so I need all the wins I can get.

For the record, I'm one of those people with a team of Level 1s. Usually, I forfeit, but sometimes I get bored and do the actual battle. A tiny fraction of people disconnect before the battle even happens o__o

Faenix1

I randomly chose four pokemon. I'm probably only person using a pikachu.

Just in this to hopefully be eligible for a shiny mewtwo. lol

Muku

It's shiny and it's Mewtwo XD

I'd be happy to fight against crappy teams, but then again I'm still a novice battler so I need all the wins I can get.

For the record, I'm one of those people with a team of Level 1s. Usually, I forfeit, but sometimes I get bored and do the actual battle. A tiny fraction of people disconnect before the battle even happens o__o

Even with my crappy teams, that are my teams to get through game, I make people work for their wins. XD

I panicked last week and signed up with a team made up of my mono-purple boxes. Went 2/1, probably would have gone 3/0 had I changed their movesets to have Protect instead of some more singles-based moves.

Also, turns out Crobat doesn't care about geo-boosted Xerneas. That was nice.

On an unrelated note, the wait for Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal in the UK is kinda killing me. I already caved and traded for a European Xerneas code, but I haven't been able to acquire Yveltal yet.

Top Bottom