• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I am betting on Gamescom for Germany now. Thank god I have a ticket ;)

What'll it take to bribe you? XD

I was so sure it'd be at Smyths in the UK, but now I'm curious if it'll be at EGX or Hyper Japan instead. Even though the UK is pretty small, it's gonna suck for the people not near those places.

Raxious

Never really finished both X and Omega Ruby, thinking I'm gonna do a new playthrough of Omega Ruby, currently putting all kinds of low lvl pokemon in the bank so I'll be able to use them ^^.

Growlie19

I did three battles to get the shiny Mewtwo. I've had a team set up since the first international comp, but decided against participating last minute. But the promise for a free shiny is too enticing! My team is Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, Thundurus-T, Mega Kangaskhan, Sylveon, and Tangrowth.

I had a pretty close battle with someone in the mid 1600s. Ho-Oh's Safeguard (and Lum Berry) threw off his Thundurus-I and whiffed a Mega Khan's Sucker Punch, which was hilarious. Too bad he had a Xerneas waiting. Ho-Oh and Sylveon are not well equipped to handle a Geomancy-boosted beast. Still, great match despite the loss!

Ryan_09

My most embarrassing match this competition was getting solo'd by a Raichu today. Don't get me wrong, Raichu is really good when used correctly, but I brought in absolutely NOTHING that could touch it due to it having Lightning Rod, my 4 chosen Pokemon having a reliance on electric attacks, and the rest of his team being immune to anything else I could throw at him. I played myself /hard/. xD

Faenix1

K, so am I dumb or is there no place on pokemon gl to see how many battles you've done, ect.? I did 10 and hoping they counted properly.

That's two of us then. Is it a regular one, or Cosplay? I went with the latter.

Regular. I chose like the first four I saw. lol

Pikachu made Top 4 at Regionals earlier this year so you may not be alone! :p
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-poke...eam-ashton-cox-masters-division-semi-finalist

Go pikachu! lol

Muku

Would one be looking for their play points under "Season Play! Points (rankings last updated June 26, 2016, 5:37 a.m. EST):"? I ask because it was updated this morning and I have nothing under there at all. All n/a.

Firestorm

Would one be looking for their play points under "Season Play! Points (rankings last updated June 26, 2016, 5:37 a.m. EST):"? I ask because it was updated this morning and I have nothing under there at all. All n/a.
You won't get them until next month but yes that's where you'd see it.

Did my three matches with a team consisting of Zard Y, Typhlosion, and 4 other mons that I didn't care about. Went 1-2, with that one win being an RQ at the very end. Things I saw:

-Dazzling Gleam Sylveon
-Torrent Greninja
-Blaziken lead
-2 Mewtwo's

I... I... Uh... Well that was a weird session.

Did my three matches with a team consisting of Zard Y, Typhlosion, and 4 other mons that I didn't care about. Went 1-2, with that one win being an RQ at the very end. Things I saw:

-Dazzling Gleam Sylveon
-Torrent Greninja
-Blaziken lead
-2 Mewtwo's

I... I... Uh... Well that was a weird session.

What the heck. I was facing Mega Kangaskhan, Primal Kyogre, and Geomancy Xerneas.

Also a Fan Rotom who got two flinches with Dark Pulse and a Quick Claw proc.

I went 1-3 with my only win coming against a guy with level 1's.

JoeM86

New Battle Competition

Sinnoh Classic
Cl-XZIPWQAAUr6M.jpg

Region: International
Registration Period: July 14th 2016 - July 21st 2016
Battle Period: July 22nd 2016 - July 24th 2016
Battle Type: Double Battle
Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex #001-#493.
Banned Pokémon: Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Pokémon #494 - 721
Banned Items: Mega Stones
Entry Gift: Cynthia's Garchomp

New Battle Competition

Sinnoh Classic
Cl-XZIPWQAAUr6M.jpg

Battle Limits: 15 Battles per day
Banned Pokémon: Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Pokémon #494 - 721
I have nothing but low level Pokemon but if I enter this and lose don't play a match do I still get that garchomp?

New Battle Competition

Sinnoh Classic
Cl-XZIPWQAAUr6M.jpg

Battle Limits: 10 Battles per day
Dragonite and Tyrannitar? Am I missing something?

I don't understand why that matters? Levels scale back after that point anyway
It's a reference to the VGS rules:
In the spirit of the 2008 Video Game Showdown, one of the first worldwide Pokémon video game competitions, all battles will be Double Battles with each Trainer bringing four Pokémon to battle. Plus, like the Video Game Showdown, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon will not be allowed, nor will Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Mega Stones will not be allowed.

RomanceDawn

After all this time I finally figured out how to activate Street Pass in my Alpha Sapphire. Man so much potential wasted.

Anyone know how I can go about trying to get that Eon Ticket?

Also does anyone have Chimchar with its hidden ability Iron Fist? I've got Marvel Scale Dratini's with Extreme Speed and Sturdy Tyrants for trade!

Muku

After all this time I finally figured out how to activate Street Pass in my Alpha Sapphire. Man so much potential wasted.

Anyone know how I can go about trying to get that Eon Ticket?

Also does anyone have Chimchar with its hidden ability Iron Fist? I've got Marvel Scale Dratini's with Extreme Speed and Sturdy Tyrants for trade!

I'd say if you lived up here, you could street pass it off me. Otherwise, best to take it with you on outings. If your profile is right, would have been prime pickings during E3. :(

Muku

It's funny. Yesterday I got an email from TPC about our issue last week being a known one that should be fixed. Cool. Then just a few minutes ago so get another one (why?) stating to clear cache/cookies, use most up to date Chrome or Firefox, etc. The issue wasn't me and they admitted it to being an issue. I didn't mail them back and wonder why they even sent this one. Especially when they already knew it was an issue over weekend.

Edit: Removed. Got this extra part resolved.

Lost again on Super Doubles. This is like the fourth time making it to the 30's / 40's. I'm using teams from Smogon but I must be using the wrong strategies because none of the other formats were this difficult. I was using Garchomp / Scizor / Gengar and Gyarados.

I'm going to breed a Togekiss and try a new team with Garchomp, Scizor and Rotom-W.

Tidalwave

Shoot me a message if you missed your chance to snag an NA Darkrai.

And if anyone happens to have an extra legitimate Manaphy I would really appreciate it because I happened to miss that one myself...

Muku

Hey all.

Due to Muku's incredible generosity, I'm giving away a US Darkrai code. Quote this post to find it in an email tag.

I still have one more Darkrai code to trade for a 20th anniversary Jirachi if anyone else has an extra.

Thanks again Muku for not only donating a Jirachi to me and a Darkrai to gaf, but taking the time to actually schedule all this with me.

Just quoting as I'm not sure if it's been claimed or not. (If it has and you claimed it, at least make note of it.) Just don't want the code to go to waste.

Edit: Tidal, I have one you can have if you'd like.

Timid Ninetales
Scarf Modest Eruption Typhlosion
Mega Kanga
Timid Latios I think was the fourth one

^What I used. Maybe try something like that?

Hmmm, I have 3 / 4 of those ev trained, but I am trying to beat the battle maison without using legendaries. Plus, I don't really like Typhlosion.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lost again on Super Doubles. This is like the fourth time making it to the 30's / 40's. I'm using teams from Smogon but I must be using the wrong strategies because none of the other formats were this difficult. I was using Garchomp / Scizor / Gengar and Gyarados.

I'm going to breed a Togekiss and try a new team with Garchomp, Scizor and Rotom-W.

The fights get way harder as you go, and the computer cheats more and more.

Shiny Mewtwo thing might be a bust. It seems like the 2016 International Challenge June Masters Division is all done and calculated, and I got no Play points, so no shiny Mewtwo. I think.

I checked earlier and results were still being tabulated, there was a little flag on the competition icon on the site saying "calculating results," and now there isn't. Here's the full results with rankings and all.

I participated in 5 battles and lost them all. It was thought that 2-3 battles were required to get one or more points, but I got no points:

But yet...the shiny Mewtwo announcement page specifically told people to play in the June competition to become eligible for it:

The email will be sent to the address listed in your Pokémon Trainer Club account. Be sure that you are eligible to receive Pokémon Trainer Club emails in your PTC settings prior to July 10. Enter the code from the email in your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y video game to receive Shiny Mewtwo. The code will expire on August 21, 2016, so don't forget to enter it into your game before then.

If you haven't had time to play in an event, several opportunities still remain, including the International Challenge June Online Competition.

The whole thing seems so nebulous. Anyone have any input? Any encouragement that points might still be coming and/or eligibility for the Mewtwo? Anyone got any points for this thing? The heck is going on?

Someone who's competed often probably knows better, but I think Play Points are calculated at the end of a season, not a competition.

Not sure when the current end of season is though.

EDIT: It also says you get the e-mail in "late July" and it's early July right now : P

Someone who's competed often probably knows better, but I think Play Points are calculated at the end of a season, not a competition.

Not sure when the current end of season is though.

EDIT: It also says you get the e-mail in "late July" and it's early July right now : P

You get the Mewtwo email in late July, not the points. You need points to get the Mewtwo. So if we don't have points by the time the Mewtwo email goes out, well...

You get the Mewtwo email in late July, not the points. You need points to get the Mewtwo. So if we don't have points by the time the Mewtwo email goes out, well...

Fair enough, but my first point holds. I heard it took a month between the results of the previous International Challenge for points to be allocated.

Akai XIII

Nearly have a complete living dex on Bank. Just need to get Steelix and Gorebyss...

Anyone got a spare Meloetta or Hoopa? I missed the events. Nature isn't important.

In the middle of a match on battle spot where all I can do is wait to win by the time out tie breaker. We each have one pokemon left, and neither can hurt the other at this point (except for the burn on my opponent's Blissey). Since I have a burn on them and my Pokemon is at full hp, there's literally no way for me to lose the tie breaker since I'll always have higher average hp, but annoyingly my opponent has refused to forfeit for a good long while in this over 10 minute long stalemate

edit: Ok that's bullshit, it gave them the win despite me being at full hp and there one pokemon being at less (Rules should have them lose the tiebreaker)

Firestorm

In the middle of a match on battle spot where all I can do is wait to win by the time out tie breaker. We each have one pokemon left, and neither can hurt the other at this point (except for the burn on my opponent's Blissey). Since I have a burn on them and my Pokemon is at full hp, there's literally no way for me to lose the tie breaker since I'll always have higher average hp, but annoyingly my opponent has refused to forfeit for a good long while in this over 10 minute long stalemate

edit: Ok that's bullshit, it gave them the win despite me being at full hp and there one pokemon being at less (Rules should have them lose the tiebreaker)
It's higher HP percentage of your entire team including your fainted Pokemon. If the opponent's Blissey was close to full health then you didn't have much of a chance there :/

Firestorm

Shiny Mewtwo thing might be a bust. It seems like the 2016 International Challenge June Masters Division is all done and calculated, and I got no Play points, so no shiny Mewtwo. I think.

I checked earlier and results were still being tabulated, there was a little flag on the competition icon on the site saying "calculating results," and now there isn't. Here's the full results with rankings and all.

I participated in 5 battles and lost them all. It was thought that 2-3 battles were required to get one or more points, but I got no points:

But yet...the shiny Mewtwo announcement page specifically told people to play in the June competition to become eligible for it:

The whole thing seems so nebulous. Anyone have any input? Any encouragement that points might still be coming and/or eligibility for the Mewtwo? Anyone got any points for this thing? The heck is going on?
It has been several weeks in the past to get CP and PP added to accounts after an International Challenge. For this one I'd expect it to happen in the next week as Worlds Day 2 invites need to be confirmed. No one has points from it yet.

Muku

Nearly have a complete living dex on Bank. Just need to get Steelix and Gorebyss...

Anyone got a spare Meloetta or Hoopa? I missed the events. Nature isn't important.

Meloetta isn't until December. So you've not yet missed it.

Also, don't feel bad about the points for Shiny Mewtwo. I just logged into both of my accounts and mine looks exactly like yours. Big fat goose eggs. I'm just hoping it's not yet been added. Though if I don't get it by late July I am table flipping.
And if I have to take a table with me to Bellevue and flip it in front of TPC, so be it.

Top Bottom