• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I'm running out of WC slots..

I ran out months ago. Kind of glad Gen 6 is ending soon so I can move on and not worry about making more space XD

So far I have these on X:

1-4: VGC Mamoswine, GAME UK Magmar, Fancy Vivillon, Poke Ball Vivillon
5-8: Diancie, Darkrai (GAME UK), Arceus (Taiwan), Shiny Jirachi
9-12: Mew, Shiny Charizard, Darkrai (gonna clear this one out soon), Shiny Gengar
13-16: Zoroark (gonna claim soon), Celebi, Hoopa, Zapdos
17-20: Shiny Mewtwo (HKTW), Zygarde, Moltres, Manaphy
21-24: Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Xerneas, Articuno, [???]

Half of them are unclaimed, because I have Poke OCD and they need amazing stats.

I'm saving that last space for shiny Yveltal and Shaymin. No clue how to fit in Meloetta, Victini, Keldeo and Genesect : S

Also, my Japanese AS that I bought during October 2015 is full up as well.

Muku

Oh yeah on a game or two I have to trim it repeatedly. I spread over the carts specia event WCs I saved. 20th Pokemon are on one cart while thing a from tourneys are on another. Have had to do pruning. Ready for Sun and Moon so I can stop deleting. XD Kept all my important WCs like stuff from Japan and all. Just playing Tetris with them though.

Only keeping one set of 20th WCs. Even though I get 4 each time. XD Think I have enough to get through rest of year okay.

OmegaX

I ran out months ago. Kind of glad Gen 6 is ending soon so I can move on and not worry about making more space XD

So far I have these on X:

1-4: VGC Mamoswine, GAME UK Magmar, Fancy Vivillon, Poke Ball Vivillon
5-8: Diancie, Darkrai (GAME UK), Arceus (Taiwan), Shiny Jirachi
9-12: Mew, Shiny Charizard, Darkrai (gonna clear this one out soon), Shiny Gengar
13-16: Zoroark (gonna claim soon), Celebi, Hoopa, Zapdos
17-20: Shiny Mewtwo (HKTW), Zygarde, Moltres, Manaphy
21-24: Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Xerneas, Articuno, [???]

Half of them are unclaimed, because I have Poke OCD and they need amazing stats.

I'm saving that last space for shiny Yveltal and Shaymin. No clue how to fit in Meloetta, Victini, Keldeo and Genesect : S

Also, my Japanese AS that I bought during October 2015 is full up as well.

I'm on the same boat so I'm starting to clean up spaces.
I started SRing shiny Yveltal 4 days ago, and today I got this:
20160707_144441_zpsqqsdq6gw.jpg

Yveltal - #717 (Naive) : 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

I wanted Jolly or Timid but this one was too good to discard.

Muku

I'm on the same boat so I'm starting to clean up spaces.
I started SRing shiny Yveltal 4 days ago, and today I got this:

Yveltal - #717 (Naive) : 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

I wanted Jolly or Timid but this one was too good to discard.

Holy cow, congrats!

I just found out my Play account wasn't activated when I did the international and ergo no play points or Shiny HA Mewtwo for me. A bit of a kicker since I'm trying to collect all HA Pokemon.

If anyone is going to have a spare please PM and I'll try and I'm happy to try and work out something you're happy with.

I'll say straight up that I don't have anything worth a HA Mewtwo straight up so if its your only one and you're looking for an equally rare HA pokemon, I unfortunately don't have two of any HA legendaries. I do have a pretty extensive collection of HA pokemon (all Breedables) and some legendaries/mythicals that I have multiples of and can trade (I have multiple HA Regi's but I think thats about it , in that area). I can also get any of the HA Dream Radar Legendaries given a bit of time to complete Dream Radar again.

I do have a couple of Japanese mythicals but I can't guarantee Legitness , since I got them from GameFAQs trades, they are legal to the best of my ability to verify though.

Muku

I'm kind of holding my breath and seeing if I get my shiny Mewtwos. In meantime, since Go has come out... my SRing for shinies has gone out the door. OMG another aspect of Pokemon killing my day.. except it gets me out. To things called... parks.

Hegarol

I'm kind of holding my breath and seeing if I get my shiny Mewtwos. In meantime, since Go has come out... my SRing for shinies has gone out the door. OMG another aspect of Pokemon killing my day.. except it gets me out. To things called... parks.
Checked both of my accounts and I did get the one Play point. Only registered for it shortly before the competition. Lets hope I get both mails ;)

Joqu

So, regarding this whole Play Pokemon thing and the shiny mewtwo, I just checked if everything was in order with my account and while I ranked just fine it says I'm not opted into rankings and points on the trainer club page. I'm pretty sure I made sure I was opted in before I participated? :/

Don't even know how to fix it now, the site's so confusing to navigate. Where are the relevant settings?

Muku

So, regarding this whole Play Pokemon thing and the shiny mewtwo, I just checked if everything was in order with my account and while I ranked just fine it says I'm not opted into rankings and points on the trainer club page. I'm pretty sure I made sure I was opted in before I participated? :/

Don't even know how to fix it now, the site's so confusing to navigate. Where are the relevant settings?

Under Pokemon Play Settings if I recall right. But I have only been able to log into my account past week (if I'm lucky). Can't get any other things to show up like settings or anything. Just errors out every time:

With the exciting launch of Pokémon GO, there’s an overwhelming demand for new Pokémon Trainer Club accounts. Our team is hard at work improving the sign-up process. Until the work is complete, for a brief time, we’ll be limiting the number of new accounts that can be created simultaneously. If you’re unable to create an account at this time, please try again in an hour.

Been wanting to see the options under Pokemon Go there but assume it'll be a while.

Edit: OMG! I got a point on both accounts! Yay! Hope I get both emails.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jeez, I've missed out on i think all of the free legendaries this year. :X

Anyone have any spare codes?

Muku

Jeez, I've missed out on i think all of the free legendaries this year. :X

Anyone have any spare codes?

Only Mew and Darkrai were codes. Next months Arceus will be a code too. Though the Mew one I believe would have expired already at this point and I think Darkrai expires end of next month or so. Rest of them were on NN.

Finally got all five trophies! So I think I am good for Pokemon until Sun/Moon comes out. I wanted to breed a shiny Charmander but it has become very tedious.

Might pick up a 3ds soon...should I wait for sun/moon to jump into pokemon or go ahead now with this game? Never played a pokemon game btw.

Muku

Might pick up a 3ds soon...should I wait for sun/moon to jump into pokemon or go ahead now with this game? Never played a pokemon game btw.

You could pick it up now and learn the basics. It'll be what, November or so until Sun/Moon? So you have time now.

Hey everyone, just got the game last weekend. I will admit Pokemon Go made me do it. I played a bit of X but never got that far. Having a blast so far but when I went to look up where I can catch my favorite little Pokemon Bulbasaur I found out he isn't in the game :T

Is there a way I can trade for one at all?

Azuran

Banned
Hey everyone, just got the game last weekend. I will admit Pokemon Go made me do it. I played a bit of X but never got that far. Having a blast so far but when I went to look up where I can catch my favorite little Pokemon Bulbasaur I found out he isn't in the game :T

Is there a way I can trade for one at all?

I can trade you one. I have a bunch just chilling in my box.

Tenck

So I just bought Alpha Sapphire and I'm wondering how the breeding system changed compared to X & Y. Do we still get the item that passes down the IVs from the parents?

Is there still a safari zone with the guaranteed two perfect IVs and is there still an NPC who tells you what IV's you got that are perfect?

So I just bought Alpha Sapphire and I'm wondering how the breeding system changed compared to X & Y. Do we still get the item that passes down the IVs from the parents?

Is there still a safari zone with the guaranteed two perfect IVs and is there still an NPC who tells you what IV's you got that are perfect?
The only real difference is that instead of safari zone you have DexNav.

Muku

That's pretty much what I was thinking :) Is there a preference towards alpha or omega? I'm lost in the pokemon world :O

XY is fun, but at this point since I'm collecting shiny legendaries, I'd recommend ORAS if you're ever into that. SRing is tedious but it's something you can do. DexNav is also nice in ORAS. I think there are more legendaries in ORAS as well? Been forever since I've played XY. And these days just SRing in ORAS. XD

AlanOC91

Hey guys. Thinking about buying this today.

Is the game as easy as X and Y for the main story? I didn't use exp share for X and Y but still found it easy.

I went and played Pokemon R/B again the other day and the game kicked my ass. Hoping for a similar feeling.

Hey guys. Thinking about buying this today.

Is the game as easy as X and Y for the main story? I didn't use exp share for X and Y but still found it easy.

I went and played Pokemon R/B again the other day and the game kicked my ass. Hoping for a similar feeling.

If you don't use Exp Share or build long chains too much with DexNav, its still a little easier than Ruby / Sapphire just due to the new features and moves. But the games generally got harder until Black / White where they dialed back. So yeah , if you don't use XP share its harder than X/Y.

Alric

Hoping someone could help me out getting a Froakie.

So I saw you can request pokemon through GTS but there is no option for me to request a Froakie there. Do you need to beat the game first to unlock pokemon not yet in your pokedex to then request in GTS?

That or would it be easier to request it from someone here that has a spare Froakie w/ Protean?

So I saw you can request pokemon through GTS but there is no option for me to request a Froakie there. Do you need to beat the game first to unlock pokemon not yet in your pokedex to then request in GTS?

That or would it be easier to request it from someone here that has a spare Froakie w/ Protean?

You can manually type in the Pokemon's name, right?

I'd help, but my 3DS has next to no battery and I gave my 3DS charger to my sister XD

Alric

You can manually type in the Pokemon's name, right?

I'd help, but my 3DS has next to no battery and I gave my 3DS charger to my sister XD

It wasn't giving me an option, only allowing me to look through a list of beginning letters. Unless I missed something. I'm at work so i'll have to check later.

Theorymon

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble logging into PGL? I had to reset my password and PGL STILL doesn't recognize it.

I'm really gonna be pissed if I can't enter Sinnoh Classic because of Pokemon GO tanking servers. Anyone have some solutions to this?

So Hyper Training in Sun and Moon.

Are we all going to stop SRing for IVs for legendaries and events in XYORAS?

Man, it's gonna take some getting used to. Still, I'll probably keep some events unclaimed just in case it doesn't work as planned : P

Oh god please. Competitive IVs have been a freaking blight on any competition where non-Breedables have been legal.

Definitely easier to request here since you can't specify an ability. HA stasters are easy to breed as long as you don't mind a male. Drop me a PM if you want me to breed you one.

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble logging into PGL? I had to reset my password and PGL STILL doesn't recognize it.

I'm really gonna be pissed if I can't enter Sinnoh Classic because of Pokemon GO tanking servers. Anyone have some solutions to this?

It's bugged for me and a whole lot of people. I think Pokemon GO is messing up log ins.

Anyway... I was just thinking...

Good things about IV training:

1. I can now progress past Rayquaza in the Sky Pillar because I was OCD about having one with comp stats.

2. I can finally have my perfect 6 IV Hasty Diancie. Maybe shiny too!

3. All the semi-comp legends and mythicals I kept might actually be useful. Although I feel bad for the ones I didn't keep...

Bad things:

Oh my god, I spent too much time SRing Pokemon. At one point, I was playing four 3DSes at once.

chiliboy

hey all, hope all is fine.
Does anyone have a smeargle or similar with fury swipe, soak, taunt and spore?
I really need a catching pokemon :(

Muku

My guess is after Tuesday's regular server maintenance.

The Mewtwo was recently added to Nintendo's servers BTW, so it's probably coming soon-ish.

I just don't want them to wait til like the last day of the month. XD Not that I wouldn't mind a shiny Mewtwo for my birthday, but I'm impatient. I want it nao!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, green Mewtwo needs to happen soon! I'm dying to know if I'll get one or not. I did receive a Play coin after participating in the latest competition, but I won't calm down until I see the code in my email...

Muku

Yes, green Mewtwo needs to happen soon! I'm dying to know if I'll get one or not. I did receive a Play coin after participating in the latest competition, but I won't calm down until I see the code in my email...

That's how I'm feeling too. That's why I'm a bit anxious about it.

Junahu

So Hyper Training in Sun and Moon.

Are we all going to stop SRing for IVs for legendaries and events in XYORAS?

Man, it's gonna take some getting used to. Still, I'll probably keep some events unclaimed just in case it doesn't work as planned : P
If the Pokemon needs to use Hidden Power, we'll still need to SR for IVs. I doubt the game will let you lower IVs, so you'd need to make sure you don't have 31s in the wrong stats.

Ahnez

If the Pokemon needs to use Hidden Power, we'll still need to SR for IVs. I doubt the game will let you lower IVs, so you'd need to make sure you don't have 31s in the wrong stats.

I guess HP won't change even if you use Hyper Training.

So, probably, we will still need to SR to get the correct one

There's no reason why you couldn't 0 and retrain IVs to taste like EVs theoretically. HP could even work off the current values (or they could change it to work like Spinda's appearance and be fixed). HP needs some modification to make Fairy possible anyway.

There's no reason why you couldn't 0 and retrain IVs to taste like EVs theoretically. HP could even work off the current values (or they could change it to work like Spinda's appearance and be fixed). HP needs some modification to make Fairy possible anyway.

I wonder how they'll go about that. It's going to suck for those that SR that legendary for a specific HP to find out that it doesn't translate to Moon and Sun.

lupinko

Is the black N3DS XL Sun and Moon version coming to North America? I'd like to upgrade my launch red XL.

I'm debating buying either the Japanese version of said Sun and Moon LL and the Yellow Pikachu one.

If I go crazy and buy both I would sell my white N3DS.

Also I need to make a second Living Pokedex because I figure you are unlikely to take Pokemon from Sun/Moon back to XYORAS unless they do a GSC to RGBY thing but they didn't do that for BWB2W2 to DPPtHGSS.

Right now there's the Skytree Shiny Rayray event until 9/4 here and apparently from 8/1-31 a new Tanabata Jirachi event with Meteor Mash.

I will be going to Pikachu outbreak this year (planning anyway), is there a new Pikachu event this year too?

Oh right I'm breeding Klefkis with complete egg moves, bold in premier balls. I will only keep 5IV flawless eggs, so if anyone is interested I'll have some available.

I'm going to do my set of Loveball Kangas soon too complete with egg moves, should I make the master parent be adamant or jolly?

I noticed I do more event trading and breeding than getting to play the competitive side, well at least I do part of the meta.

Edit: All the people I promised trades and giveaways with, I didn't forget, they're all still coming.

Muku

Is the black N3DS XL Sun and Moon version coming to North America? I'd like to upgrade my launch red XL.

I'm debating buying either the Japanese version of said Sun and Moon LL and the Yellow Pikachu one.

If I go crazy and buy both I would sell my white N3DS.

Also I need to make a second Living Pokedex because I figure you are unlikely to take Pokemon from Sun/Moon back to XYORAS unless they do a GSC to RGBY thing but they didn't do that for BWB2W2 to DPPtHGSS.

Right now there's the Skytree Shiny Rayray event until 9/4 here and apparently from 8/1-31 a new Tanabata Jirachi event with Meteor Mash.

I will be going to Pikachu outbreak this year (planning anyway), is there a new Pikachu event this year too?

Oh right I'm breeding Klefkis with complete egg moves, bold in premier balls. I will only keep 5IV flawless eggs, so if anyone is interested I'll have some available.

I'm going to do my set of Loveball Kangas soon too complete with egg moves, should I make the master parent be adamant or jolly?

I noticed I do more event trading and breeding than getting to play the competitive side, well at least I do part of the meta.

Edit: All the people I promised trades and giveaways with, I didn't forget, they're all still coming.

OMG a SkyTree Shiny Rayray?:O Why now. Why not when it opened, haha. I'm curious about the Outbreakchu this year. I know the first year was fun with all the Pikachu. last year had like one right? :(

lupinko

OMG a SkyTree Shiny Rayray?:O Why now. Why not when it opened, haha. I'm curious about the Outbreakchu this year. I know the first year was fun with all the Pikachu. last year had like one right? :(

The shiny Rayray is at all PCs, Tanabata Meteor is Tohoku only, yeah last year they had only one special Pikachu.

And so is this Hyper Training really real for IVs? Because I could fix the shinies of Latios (Timid), Dialga (Modest) and Giratina (Impish) with that.

Same goes with my shiny naive Bagon (it has like 20 in attack or something) and my near perfect HP Shiny adamant Scyther.

Top Bottom