• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
ObamaLogo.gif
vs.
mccain_logo.jpg

Right now we're in the slow slog toward the first debates. It should be a fun few weeks. Polls should level out and a calm will be achieved. Who will make the first big gaffe on the trail with the official kick off? Will Palin speak to press now? Will Obama promise a unicorn? Wait and see.

DEBATES

Article

SEP. 26 - "The first presidential debate, at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, will focus on foreign policy and national security. John McCain and Barack Obama will stand at lecterns and answer questions from moderator Jim Lehrer."

OCT. 2 - "The vice presidential debate will be held at Washington University in St. Louis."

OCT. 7 - "The second presidential debate, at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., will have a town-hall-style format. Moderator Tom Brokaw will call on audience members and pose questions submitted through the Internet."

OCT. 15 - "The final presidential debate, at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., will center on domestic and economic policy. Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama will sit at a table with moderator Bob Schieffer."

I can't wait for the debates . . .

My only worry is that at Obama will look mean beating up grandpa and Biden will look mean beating up crazy lady.

joeposh

I demand a logo change in the OP... that's Obama's out of date, pre-gotham primary logo. The current one is all upper case, different font, etc.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Can't wait for the debates.

This campaign got interesting tonight. A lot of people are going to love McCain after that speech.

Until the debates.

Deku

Banned
Obama-philes seem rather deflated recently with Palin's high ratings last night and all the mud apparently not yet sticking ?

Anyone worried McCain might actually win now?

Odrion

Banned
Huckabee was on TDS, whenever I see him I'm half angry and half relieved that McCain didn't pick him. He really is good at being charming and appeal to the other side.

Deku said:
Obama-philes seem rather deflated recently with Palin's high ratings last night and all the mud apparently not yet sticking ?

Deflated wha? Raised 10 mil last night

And Obama just unleashed Clinton on Palin, she might literally kill her

gcubed

Deku said:

?

high ratings mean more people saw that. Mud not yet sticking when Obama gets a McCain VP and RNC bounce and McCain hasnt yet?

OCT. 7 - "The second presidential debate, at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn., will have a town-hall-style format. Moderator Tom Brokaw will call on audience members and pose questions submitted through the Internet."

Goddamit, I was supposed to go to Belmont for school this year but couldn't really afford it :'(

And yeah, Huckabee was really good on TDS. He's a nice guy.

Amir0x

Banned
Deku said:

I'm not deflated at all. She was always going to get high ratings. She was to everyone a new figure and a curiosity. We Obama supporters are massively energized by the negativity the Republicans displayed. In a day, we raised $10,000,000 vs. $1,000,000 for Republicans.

The "mud" has not had time to prove itself as a sticker, it's gonna take more days to develop the stories as the noise over the conventions die down.

The real game comes at the debates.

Yesterday those speeches made me so mad, I donate a ton to Obama.

Today I'm just not as inspired . . . I'd feel like I'm kicking a POW when he's down.

So we're all agreed that the biggest strength of McCain's speech was how much it put everyone to sleep and bored the outrage out of the Dem base, right?

Deku said:

Nope. Here's a post of mine from the other topic before it got closed:

Guys, remember a few key words.

New voters. Get out the vote. Youth vote, black vote.

The national polls don't include ANY of these...and Obama is still winning. I'm really not worried.

Another key word I forgot is Colorado. ie. the only state left he needs to win.

I'm 95% sure Obama will win unless something drastic happens.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"She was a reporter in Fairbanks!"
"A sports reporter."
"She's learned to do other things too!"
"Has she?"
"Well she has the kids!"

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jeez, you could have left the other thread open for another day at least. :\

Anyway I thought McCain gave a great speech...this is going to be the most exciting election day ever.

RiskyChris said:
A lot of people are going to love McCain after that speech.
Well, those are the die hard Republicans who wear that shit-eating grin for the sake of the party. No reason to think more of it. If anyone wants to vote for McCain/Palin based on their two RNC speeches (among the rest of the crap), I don't think I could have an intelligent conversation with them anyway. They're too far gone to reason with.

I signed up to volunteer for Obama today on campus. I put my name and resume in for an "internship," which is apparently just a 4 week stint where I give 15 hours of volunteer work a week.

I'm very committed, especially after 4 embarrassing, offensive speeches last night.

An honest question for McCain/Palin supporters:

What do you expect McCain to change if he becomes president? I don't see too much daylight between McCain and Bush's policies.

If I'm missing something, I'd love to hear the goods. God knows the speeches didn't give me any information to go off of.

Pakkidis

Was I the only one who saw the sign in the crowd 'Terrorist are not afraid of Palin (just ask Obama)'

What the hell!?!?!?!?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
So I just donated another $100 to celebrate McCains
ludicrously narcissistic
acceptance speech.

To Obama, of course

That makes $450 in the last 2 days.

Door2Dawn

Banned
NullPointer said:
An honest question for McCain/Palin supporters:

What do you expect McCain to change if he becomes president? I don't see too much daylight between McCain and Bush's policies.

If I'm missing something, I'd love to hear the goods. God knows the speeches didn't give me any information to go off of.
McCain won't raise your taxes! Weren't you listening!?

Dartastic

Holy shit, the last debate is on my birthday. Here's hoping Obama's present to me is a verbal asswhoopin that he gives to McCain.

Door2Dawn said:
McCain won't raise your tax's! Weren't you listening!?

I know you're joking
I think

Specifically I'm looking for how a McCain/Palin administration would differ from Bush/Cheney.

I hear the Rhetoric: Change, restore Washington, etc. etc.

But I honestly have no idea what that means with McCain/Palin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom