• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
RubxQub said:
Breaking, Chuck Todd is gorgeous:

Lovebunny.png
:lol :lol Oh wow, Rubx.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The debate commission has stated the debate will go on as scheduled.

reilo

From NBC's Chuck Todd
If there's no deal before the debate, McCain is staying in Washington, period, a McCain senior adviser tells NBC News.

That said, they are committed to having the first debate in Oxford, Miss., and committed to having all the debates in the cities as planned, even adding a town hall or two if Obama wants to do that as well.
:lol :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Tamanon said:
Bush invites Obama and McCain to meet at the White House tomorrow?:lol How odd.

"Oh no I'm losing in the polls? Let's cancel the debates, and make it look like we're equal, then we can start again."

Tamanon

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

"Oh no I'm losing in the polls? Let's cancel the debates, and make it look like we're equal, then we can start again."

BREAKING: Nader demands meeting with Bush also! Will compare red folders.
j/k

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ether_Snake said:

This entire campaign has no idea what the fuck to do now. McCains tactic backfired, so now the president is trying to step in.

I mean, WTF.

StoOgE said:
This entire campaign has no idea what the fuck to do now. McCains tactic backfired, so now the president is trying to step in.

I mean, WTF.
Just what the McCain campaign needs right now, a photo-op with Bush. :lol

Zamorro

Tamanon said:
Bush invites Obama and McCain to meet at the White House tomorrow?:lol How odd.
Bush is forcing Obama to follow McCain's lead and is effectively meddling in the election of his successor. Wouldn't be surprised if Bush cancelled the debate also somehow.

BenjaminBirdie said:
White House dude on CNN just said Obama agreed as well, which is the smart play. Doing what needs to be done.
This really is becoming uncannily like The West Wing. Didn't Bartlet invite Santos and Vinick for a private sit-down in response to a crisis during the campaign?

reilo

Gary Whitta said:
This really is becoming uncannily like The West Wing. Didn't Bartlet invite Santos and Vinick for a private sit-down in response to a crisis during the campaign?
YOU DID NOT JUST COMPARE BARTLET TO BUSH. I KEEL YOU

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Gary Whitta said:
Just what the McCain campaign needs right now, a photo-op with Bush. :lol

No wonder they invited Obama.

But seriously, you guys FAIL if you think Obama will do the debate anyway without McCain.

WON'T HAPPEN.

Zeliard

Ether_Snake said:

But seriously, you guys FAIL if you think Obama will do the debate anyway without McCain.

WON'T HAPPEN.

Obama will definitely show up. He'll probably just give a speech on the state of the economy if McCoward doesn't show.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't really see the big deal in wanting to delay the debate. Debates are just glorifies opportunities for both sides to spout talking points. Only difference is the other guy is right next to them when they throw little jabs at each other.

DrForester said:
I don't really see the big deal in wanting to delay the debate. Debates are just glorifies opportunities for both sides to spout talking points. Only difference is the other guy is right next to them when they throw little jabs at each other.

You can't be serious.

TDG

Banned
DrForester said:
Debates are the best way for people to see how the two candidates think, how they'll respond under pressure, and what their plans [supposedly] are.

Avoiding a debate so you can fly to Washington when you aren't even needed there is undoubtedly a big deal.

One of the very real and important questions here is why on earth did McCain jump to such a hasty course of action? The polling wasn't THAT bad-yes he was down, but not yet out-and they had a wishy-washy enough cover for the Davis/FM payola that it was going to blow over with only a couple of mean Obama ads being the consequence.

This kind of rash, impulsive action instead of a calmer, more calcuated decision making process really does put the character of McCain and his complete unsuitability for the office at the forefront.

3rdman

Ether_Snake said:

WON'T HAPPEN.
Do you really think he'd avoid the chance to address 100 Million voters without opposition?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bush to address the nation in 20 minutes on the bailout plan.

And yes people I really think Obama won't do the debate if McCain isn't there.

Folks, Bush talks in 20 minutes.

Get your vodka and shot glasses ready.

We must decide which phrases lead to shots.

+10 shots if Iran gets mentioned

Zeliard

DrForester said:

Debates are pretty much the only time the electorate can see the two candidates answering the same questions in succession, as well as debate each other in a more intimate fashion rather than in speeches. They are critical, especially this election. They don't historically have much of an impact on the polling, but I think that could be different this time around.

jamesinclair said:
Folks, Bush talks in 20 minutes.

Get your vodka and shot glasses ready.

We must decide which phrases lead to shots.

+10 shots if Iran gets mentioned
Good call. How about "Fannie" "Mae" "Freddie" and "Mac". We done get fucked up. No?

Ponn

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
One of the very real and important questions here is why on earth did McCain jump to such a hasty course of action? The polling wasn't THAT bad-yes he was down, but not yet out-and they had a wishy-washy enough cover for the Davis/FM payola that it was going to blow over with only a couple of mean Obama ads being the consequence.

This kind of rash, impulsive action instead of a calmer, more calcuated decision making process really does put the character of McCain and his complete unsuitability for the office at the forefront.

Rash decison, you mean like hastily picking your VP?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just finished the new Palin interview...and yes, it was cringe worthy. Especially the end where she spits out that Maverick campaign slogan to evade the question. If you're getting hammered by Gibson and Kouric, your political career isn't going so great. Palin actually debating LIVE is going to be epic.

lopaz

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
Just finished the new Palin interview...and yes, it was cringe worthy. Especially the end where she spits out that Maverick campaign slogan to evade the question. If you're getting hammered by Gibson and Kouric, your political career isn't going so great. Palin actually debating LIVE is going to be epic.

don't hold your breath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom