• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I thought it was a pretty good political move to feign caring about the economy, then they showed the Katie Couric interview prep. McCain is toast.

jamesinclair said:
I wonder if Bush knew 20% of this stuff before this speech
mba from harvard says he at least understands the basics, no matter how he thinks the markets 'should' work/etc. i'm sure he at least understands the basics of what is happening.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That's a pretty good address by Bush to explain the situation.

TDG

Banned
Blader5489 said:
What is this bullshit about Bush needing to convince the American people that the bailout is good? They'll enact the bailout regardless of what people think about it.
I was wondering about that too... maybe it'll have something to do with making McCain look good. Otherwise I don't under stand! Georgie boy! It's your second term! You can do whatever you want (other than get a blowjob from an intern) and not give a fuck what people think about it!

ronito

lol.
Why do I feel like at any moment he's going to say, "Hey! I get it now. Hahahahaha oh man are we ever fucked. And by we I mean you."

Anno

This actually isn't that bad at all. I like that he explained some things people may've been confused on before. He looks really, really old now though. It's scary.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Slurpy said:
I couldn't fucking finish watching that interview. I just couldn't. I felt so, so bad for her.
Feel bad for our country. We're the one's who are the embarrassment.

Wes

venison crêpe
OBAMA I’m interested in your advice.

BARTLET I can’t give it to you.

OBAMA Why not?

BARTLET I’m supporting McCain.

OBAMA Why?

BARTLET He’s promised to eradicate evil and that was always on my “to do” list.

--- :lol Classic

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I have to give the credit props, he is doing a very good job with this and has even made several concessions to dems in this speech.

Bush is doing a very good job with this crisis, I have to give the guy props. Unlike McCain he isnt running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Tamanon

Banned
StoOgE said:
I have to give the credit props, he is doing a very good job with this and has even made several concessions to dems in this speech.

Bush is doing a very good job with this crisis, I have to give the guy props. Unlike McCain he isnt running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Yah he's doing a good job on this one, glad he's bent on the executive compensation and oversight.

ronito

lol! "Fully expect every dollar to be repaid by Wall Street"

Do you mean just like the iraqis welcomed us a liberators? Or how iraq would pay for itself? Or how Saddam had WMD? Which way do you mean this Georgie?

StoOgE

Tamanon said:
Yah he's doing a good job on this one, glad he's bent on the executive compensation and oversight.

I agree completely, he has really come to meet the dem position on this, and is even talking about new oversight after this bill has passed.

A-

Amir0x

Banned
oh my fucking god at the part of Letterman when he starts yelling at him questions during the Couric interview :lol

there is more entertainment today than in an entire month of the primary season!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm glad he dropped the knowledge today. I still dont think he knows whats actually going on. I just see a talking head.

StoOgE

ronito said:
lol! "Fully expect every dollar to be repaid by Wall Street"

Do you mean just like the iraqis welcomed us a liberators? Or how iraq would pay for itself? Or how Saddam had WMD? Which way do you mean this Georgie?

He is right ont his one, we are most likely going to make money on this deal in the long run. The Chrysler bailout was actually profitable and the S&L bailout wound up nearly breaking even.

In the long run, we probably dont lose that much in this deal.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Justin Bailey said:
Bush is really giving an intelligent, well spoken address. Up is down. Black is white.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bush is basically admitting that in order to face off Chinese competition, they will have to run their economy in a similar manner to China's.

ronito

Justin Bailey said:
Bush is really giving an intelligent, well spoken address. Up is down. Black is white.
Really? Can you provide a link because I must've tuned into the overly simplistic optimistic magical unicorns address.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jamesinclair said:
Finally, Bush seplls out why the bailout is actually a government making profit scenario.

It seems like 95% of america doesnt get this

POTENTIAL profit scenario. That's only if they buy under market price, and it is NOT guaranteed.

I give the speech write an A-, I think they should have put the bailout = potential profit earlier on.

I give Bush a B+, he pronounced everything right, he read it fine, although he seemed a tad robotic.

And as a bonus, he didnt blame it on Iran

Amir0x said:
oh my fucking god at the part of Letterman when he starts yelling at him questions during the Couric interview :lol

there is more entertainment today than in an entire month of the primary season!

Conspiracy theory: Maybe Palin had some really awful gaffes and CBS said they would air them unless McCain came and gave Katie an interview pronto?

StoOgE

Ether_Snake said:
Bush is basically admitting that in order to face off Chinese competition, they will have to run their economy in a similar manner to China's.

What? You have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean.. really. THis is a head slapping stupid statement.

Ether_Snake said:
POTENTIAL profit scenario. That's only if they buy under market price, and it is NOT guaranteed.

Agreed, but it seems that the majority of the country doesnt get this.

They hear 700 billion bailout and imagine 700 billion going to wallstreet paychecks.

Bailout is a terrible word. It has to be made clear that what is actually happening is that the last lender is setting a price (better then the market setting no price) and counting on the investment to pay off in a few years.

Bulla564

Banned
Just to remind everybody, the housing situation WILL NOT be solved by this bailout (despite banks having new capital to loan out).

The only solution is to let housing prices fall enough, and ideally lenders and judges would restructure loans in foreclosure for the people to afford them (discount the loans).

Brannon

PhoenixDark said:
Wait, what the fuck?

About the pants shitting, it's true. I also witnessed a similar incident in basic training. I remember all of us standing at our racks at ease preparing for the next bit of training when one of the recruits went up to the drill instructor door to ask for permission to go to the bathroom. Normally if the DI says 'NO' several times you just go anyway and take your punishment later because when you gotta go, you gotta go.

This guy didn't get the message.

So a few minutes later, still standing there, he pisses himself at the drill instructor's door. Everybody else laughed (pushups for all!) and the DI got red angry and told him to clean himself up. In the next squadbay over. Of course that was was also full of recruits and their own set of DI's so that caused a ruckus.

Needless to say, he got no respect after that. Also he managed to break his leg during the last physical fitness test run. The last one. What a way to go.

Barrett2

MaizeRage25 said:
Feels like an Econ class with the prof reading from a book. Should I be taking notes?

Just write "Im' fucked" on a single piece of paper, and thats pretty much the message to take away from the speech.

Anyone know what time the bread lines open tomorrow? Maybe old man Rockefeller will be tossing out dimes as he drives by

sp0rsk said:
Bush needs to resign.

Americans had their chance to get rid of him in 2004

deadbeef

lawblob said:
Just write "Im' fucked" on a single piece of paper, and thats pretty much the message to take away from the speech.

Anyone know what time the bread lines open tomorrow? Maybe old man Rockefeller will be tossing out dimes as he drives by

This imagery made me laugh, but then I cried a little.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
grandjedi6 said:
President Cheney

It's never too late to take responsibility for ruining the country. I don't care about Cheney, he couldn't get dick done anyway (llooolllll). All Bush cares about is his fucking legacy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom