• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
UNDERSTAR said:
shadaloo.jpg

Was thinking of getting this tattoo on my upper left arm/shoulder area andf getting a "tribal" like theme/pattern to cover the whole left arm. I just don't know what kind of pattern would go along the Shadaloo skull to go with and its mindfucking me to think of one. Any suggestions?

You should just stretch out the design so that the skull is mostly shown visible to the arm and with the wings stretched to the complete back to the arm where the two larger wings nearly touch each other. Don't get tribal shit. Also, maybe get the tattoo red where the black is and black where the white is.

UNDERSTAR said:
shadaloo.jpg

Was thinking of getting this tattoo on my upper left arm/shoulder area andf getting a "tribal" like theme/pattern to cover the whole left arm. I just don't know what kind of pattern would go along the Shadaloo skull to go with and its mindfucking me to think of one. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I'd also have to agree with staying away from tribal art. It's too cliche at this point, and really, most people that are serious about tattoos don't want to have cliche art if they can avoid it.

If I'm remembering clearly, I think that design is logo for Bison's syndicate corp (SF). If I'm wrong, I apologize. I was thinking initially something with lightning. Not cartoonish lightning, but more photo-realistic instead. And/or something incorporating a scene of a skyline of a city with the logo in the background, kind of overlooking/controlling the city, with the city looking rundown, hapless, and crime infested (There's kind of a scene of this at the intro for Streets of Rage, the final boss is overlooking the city). Guess it depends if you're willing to incorporate more SF themes/characters into this piece, regarding additional possible directions you could go. That's if this is even a SF related logo..lol...Good luck.

UNDERSTAR

Banned
OJdaKiller said:
Yeah, I'd also have to agree with staying away from tribal art. It's too cliche at this point, and really, most people that are serious about tattoos don't want to have cliche art if they can avoid it.

If I'm remembering clearly, I think that design is logo for Bison's syndicate corp (SF). If I'm wrong, I apologize. I was thinking initially something with lightning. Not cartoonish lightning, but more photo-realistic instead. And/or something incorporating a scene of a skyline of a city with the logo in the background, kind of overlooking/controlling the city, with the city looking rundown, hapless, and crime infested (There's kind of a scene of this at the intro for Streets of Rage, the final boss is overlooking the city). Guess it depends if you're willing to incorporate more SF themes/characters into this piece, regarding additional possible directions you could go. That's if this is even a SF related logo..lol...Good luck.
Yea this is the Shadolaw Logo from Street Fighter. Lots of hate on the tribal idea lol. I wasn't thinking barb wires or shit like that, just a pattern to cover the whole left sleeve with or without the the Shadolaw icon. I've been wanting a sleeve for a long time now but want it to be original.

Atm at work and cant find the actual picture of my tattoo but just to give an idea i have a tattoo based of this Yoji Shinkawa: Meryl poster on my right calf. The result was not exactly as stylized as the original poster but i was more then happy with the result.

img3267td7.jpg

Also have a bass cleft on my left wrist.

Planning for a long time now a full sleeve arm tattoo but have yet to find the perfect motif for it.

Also planning to have a Sniper Wolf tattoo (most likely on my other calf) to match the Maryl one :D

Masterblaster said:
Atm at work and cant find the actual picture of my tattoo but just to give an idea i have a tattoo based of this Yoji Shinkawa: Meryl poster on my right calf. The result was not exactly as stylized as the original poster but i was more then happy with the result.

img3267td7.jpg

Also have a bass cleft on my left wrist.

Planning for a long time now a full sleeve arm tattoo but have yet to find the perfect motif for it.

Also planning to have a Sniper Wolf tattoo (most likely on my other calf) to match the Maryl one :D

So anyway back home now and i digged through my old photos and found the ones that my artist took once the job was completed.

So this is how it looked fresh from the press so to say:

tat1.jpg

2-3 months later i decided that she should have a proper shadow as well so had that added too. Quality of this pic is not the best unfortunately

tat2.jpg

Gui_PT

Masterblaster said:
Thanks :) I've been itching real bad for some new ones for the last year. Its just too damn hard to decide on a motif since i have tons of ideas and they change constantly :D

Oh yeah, that's a big problem with tattoos :lol

Gui_PT

If only we were rich, we could just get everything we wanted.

And, if we regretted it later, we would remove them :p

UNDERSTAR said:
shadaloo.jpg

Getting this inked on you is probably a really bad idea. It's based on an amalgam of Nazi insignias. Most people will have no idea it's Street Fighter related but many people will likely identify it as a Nazi insignia.

If I was ever to get another tattoo, it'd be a version of this:

shock_wave.jpg

Obviously just the shark and serpent, not the text/anything else.

I could also go for some electrical diagram mixed into some sci-fi tat, something like the stuff that surrounds Shodan from SS.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Got this early December with Miles Maniaci at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago.

11048_1267547498792_1532949340_7170.jpg

account_idkrypton52140gmail.jpg

Forgot all about this thread. :lol

Oh my god that is amazing. I've been looking for years for some decent inspiration for comic book/space tattoos and I might have to steal your man, it's perfect!

Jedeye Sniv said:
Oh my god that is amazing. I've been looking for years for some decent inspiration for comic book/space tattoos and I might have to steal your man, it's perfect!

I will cut you!

Seriously, thanks for the kudos. It was 5 hours of ouch but worth every second.

On my hip, when it was still fresh about a year and a half ago. I really wanted to keep it something simple, nothing impressive or anything like that.
ay5c44.jpg

It's an ox.

I was planning on getting a second tattoo of the Colossi mark from Shadow of the Colossus on my ribs eventually. Not looking forward to that one, since I'm kind of afraid of needles.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
krypt0nian said:

More praise for this. I'm usually not into color tattoos (all of mine are black) but this is fantastic. I love the way it pops. I'm sure it'll fade over time but still, very nice.

Gui_PT

Weapxn said:
I don't typically like tribal-ish stuff, but that's pretty cool, man. Well done too.

Thanks =)
I actually want to extend that one to the chest but my mom doesn't seem too happy with the idea :lol

bengraven

Veritas_ said:
Cool, reminds me of this.
o88hf9.jpg
faoeug.jpg

I probably wont ever get a tattoo (not a fan of permanent body modifications), but some of these are pretty good. Some others... not so much.

DAMN. That is one hot tattoo.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Masterblaster said:
So anyway back home now and i digged through my old photos and found the ones that my artist took once the job was completed.

So this is how it looked fresh from the press so to say:

tat1.jpg

2-3 months later i decided that she should have a proper shadow as well so had that added too. Quality of this pic is not the best unfortunately

tat2.jpg

no matter how awesome a particular artist is, I would never in a million years get one of his pieces of concept art as a permanent tattoo. On top of that, the version that you have forever branded yourself with isn't even remotely accurate to the quality of the original drawing.

I just... I just can't fathom what compels people to get tattoos like this, especially shitty renditions of much better art. How hard is it to just trace the original? SMH.

Also: B&W linework and iconography always looks a million times better than any color tattoo. For instance, the meryl tat would look so much better if it were b&w.

SMH.

rvy

Banned
Liquidus said:
I knew that Gaf has one of these threads:

Here's the one I got a couple weeks ago.

Zone of the Enders 3, believe.

4hzhmq.jpg

My other one says "The World Is Yours" on my lower back.
That's fucking ballsy of you.

Tinabina

whitehawk said:
I usually hate tattoos (pretty much every single tattoo in this thread), but this is awesome.

Aurora said:
Probably my favourite of the thread. Le Petit Prince is awesome.

oh man, just saw these. thanks so much guys!
i was thinking of getting a whole sleeve with the le petit prince theme but i don't think i could have pulled that off. love how it came out on my back anyways :)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
rvy said:
That's fucking ballsy of you.

:lol Thanks.

Love the game, love KojiPro so I figured why not? It's also ambiguous so I don't have to explain it to non-nerds like myself... "it's part of the solar system":lol

I love it.

Top Bottom