• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

whitehawk

Banned
XSX said:
m_9c078a84733d25f93b815898e16101a5.jpg
m_53d8794c115597c2660d448e5e5fc7fd.jpg
m_91a471eb64bdeadfc274f841bdcb9d6c.jpg
m_370ac65068810aa709997f9eef9456de.jpg

m_e117222297715f1ba01557dab9454f25.jpg
m_491fc567ef06dcd090faa6f3586f8c65.jpg
m_591eede58f37dea74499ca1ca403b981.jpg
m_3c979bbae711d80166422a7f04d8659e.jpg
wat

Red

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Wow. Both of those are fantastic.
I've been waiting to jump on them for a few reasons, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. One of the big counterpoints is that visible tattoos are not allowed at the places I work, which kind of fucks things up for me. I can't easily get a new job, either. The one I have now schedules around my class schedule, and I don't know many businesses that would be willing to do that.

Crunched said:
I've been waiting to jump on them for a few reasons, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea. One of the big counterpoints is that visible tattoos are not allowed at the places I work, which kind of fucks things up for me. I can't easily get a new job, either. The one I have now schedules around my class schedule, and I don't know many businesses that would be willing to do that.
I can understand about the one on the forearm, but what about one on your back? Unless you are a lifeguard I don't see a problem.

As for me getting a tattoo, I think I might get one IF I move to Seattle in January like I'm hoping to do.

Red

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I can understand about the one on the forearm, but what about one on your back? Unless you are a lifeguard I don't see a problem.

As for me getting a tattoo, I think I might get one IF I move to Seattle in January like I'm hoping to do.
I want the forearm one more, but I haven't jumped on the other one because of another big reason: can't currently afford it. I'll have to wait a few months until I have the money to spare.

Crunched said:
I want the forearm one more, but I haven't jumped on the other one because of another big reason: can't currently afford it. I'll have to wait a few months until I have the money to spare.
Well, what do you do? You can just wear sweaters/long sleeve shirts. Of course, I say that but I wouldn't get a forearm one for that very same reason.

Well, what do you do? You can just wear sweaters/long sleeve shirts. Of course, I say that but I wouldn't get a forearm one for that very same reason.

I specifically went with a half sleeve for that very reason. I can still find some short sleeved shirts that will cover it, but just barely. Mostly at work I end up wearing long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. Works pretty well. I've been getting this tattoo done over the past six months, and practically no one at my office knows I even have it. It's kind of neat, actually.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I knew that Gaf has one of these threads:

Here's the one I got a couple weeks ago.

Zone of the Enders 3, believe.

4hzhmq.jpg

My other one says "The World Is Yours" on my lower back.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Yes. It's during the time when they weren't called tramp stamps... unless they were always considered tramp stamps. It's all a work in progress.

EDIT-
ff2ycn.jpg

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
charsace said:
I have no problem with tattoos, but years from now some people are going to make bank off of tattoo removal.
tattoos have been popular for such a long time that they should already be profiting like motherfuckers if your silly little opinion was fact.

Tattoos of anime just look so damn awful IMO. Just a horribly bad idea in general. :lol

They almost always come out looking ridiculous and ugly.

Liquidus said:
Yes. It's during the time when they weren't called tramp stamps... unless they were always considered tramp stamps. It's all a work in progress.

EDIT-
ff2ycn.jpg
Dude, a tattoo on the small of your back? I thought those were only for sorority girls. :lol

Only picture I have from my old shitty cell phone and that was 2 years ago. It's a bit faded now. I was going to post the source image, but I can't find it anymore.

ImageTAT011.jpg

charsace

Brobzoid said:
tattoos have been popular for such a long time that they should already be profiting like motherfuckers if your silly little opinion was fact.
Tattoos were taboo for a long time in modern society. They have gotten popular over the last 15 years which isn't long of a time.

Again I don't hate tattoos. Just saying that when people start hitting middle age there will be money to make. There are people getting tattoos because they think its cool. The fad hoppers will get them removed once they get older.

Shaneus

Excuse the bump, but yeah... finally decided what I want to get! Essentially this:
3667011908_304cd6241f.jpg

Except on my right wrist, different typeface and all on the one line. Not really looking for an opinion, but what's the general rule on work-safe tattoos on the inner wrist?

Alucrid

Banned
Shaneus said:
Excuse the bump, but yeah... finally decided what I want to get! Essentially this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/3667011908_304cd6241f.jpg[img]
Except on my right wrist, different typeface and all on the one line. Not really looking for an opinion, but what's the general rule on work-safe tattoos on the inner wrist?[/QUOTE]

I think as long as it can't be seen. So you'll be wearing a long sleeve shirt, even then they don't always cover that area.

Shaneus

Um... probably not what you're thinking! Moreso in that I work in a fairly professional (IT) environment that pretty much requires business shirts and slacks. On the other hand, I reckon I could be okay because on the same wrist I do manage to wear an all-black embossed inspiration band that says "harden the fuck up".

If I decide against it for the reason that it may be frowned upon at work, then I wouldn't get it anywhere. After all, what's the point of having an inspirational-type tatt that you can't see? I've seen some other Don't Panic ones in other areas, like one on the back of someone's neck. Really?!?

Well considering your situation, I'd probably check my employee handbook to see what the "official" policy is regarding visible tattoos. In a strict environment that's probably your best bet.

If there isn't anything in there, then I'd say you're making a pretty safe bet. Granted, that area won't always be covered completely up with a shirt, but you could opt to wear a watch, etc...

If you do get it, I highly recommend Aquaphor healing ointment for the healing period of your tattoo. I've had plenty of work done and healed it with more traditional methods (wait a few days of applying nothing, then apply nonscented lotion for a couple of weeks until it peels/heals). A recent piece I used Aquaphor. The Aquaphor is head and shoulders so much better than anything I've ever tried. No scabbing, next to no color loss, and has cut the healing time in half.

Yes, Aquaphor is GREAT. I used that to heal all my tattoos. My wife had a really nice chest piece done (I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it) and it healed up in like 2 weeks with Aquaphor. Here's a tattoo I have on the backs of my legs of Fuujin and Raijin.

fuujinraijin4.jpg

My wife did this one on me of a Fuu Dog.

DSC00764.jpg

I have a lot more but this'll do for now :)

I decided to get this without the colours ( I can always add that later). Still not sure where, but has to be somewhere where i can hide it when i get old and tired of it.

10sc0ap.jpg

However it is not going to be on my back, got this there some months ago.

25ai73p.jpg

Gui_PT

Milk Lizard said:
I decided to get this without the colours ( I can always add that later). Still not sure where, but has to be somewhere where i can hide it when i get old and tired of it.

http://i48.tinypic.com/10sc0ap.jpg[IMG]

However it is not going to be on my back, got this there some months ago.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/25ai73p.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of that one after it healed?

Veritas_

Crunched said:
And the birds from this one done on my right shoulder:
Bird Tattoo.jpg

Cool, reminds me of this.
o88hf9.jpg
faoeug.jpg

I probably wont ever get a tattoo (not a fan of permanent body modifications), but some of these are pretty good. Some others... not so much.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Maxwell House said:
Dude, a tattoo on the small of your back? I thought those were only for sorority girls. :lol
It sucks that lower back tattoos have such a bad rap, as it's really a great spot for wide/long tattoos. But I wouldn't get one there unless my back was otherwise filled-up.

Gui_PT

Scrow said:
reminds me of this....

http://tattoo-designs.expertviews.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bad-tattoo-pic1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol
Yeah, that's why i asked to see a healed up version

UNDERSTAR

Banned
shadaloo.jpg

Was thinking of getting this tattoo on my upper left arm/shoulder area andf getting a "tribal" like theme/pattern to cover the whole left arm. I just don't know what kind of pattern would go along the Shadaloo skull to go with and its mindfucking me to think of one. Any suggestions?

h3ro

UNDERSTAR said:
shadaloo.jpg

Was thinking of getting this tattoo on my upper left arm/shoulder area andf getting a "tribal" like theme/pattern to cover the whole left arm. I just don't know what kind of pattern would go along the Shadaloo skull to go with and its mindfucking me to think of one. Any suggestions?

Barbwire, a Koi fish and the Japanese symbol for winner.

Top Bottom