• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

OxtheMidget said:
Yea, the symbol will be black. And yes I've seen tons of black people with tattoos. However, never seen a colored tattoo on a black person.

Weird, I thought colored tattoos would actually work better on black skin, compared to black ink on black skin.

n25010514_33485060_8267.jpg

It means friend in sign language. My best friend growing up was deaf and he died in his sleep when he was very young (11). I wanted to get this tat since I was 11 and I finally got it this year (I'm 23 now)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Powerslave said:
Man why are the majority of the tattoos so fucking horrible. The op's one with the sheep is fucking retarded. Nice going dude. You look so special now.
Ok, Powerslave. Part of me is afraid I might run in to people who think like you but then again, I really couldn't care less what people of your intellect think about my ink.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
NarcissisticJay said:
Bro, go get that ingrown toenail ripped the fuck out fast before gangrene sets in...

Fucccccccccccccck that toenail hurts MY foot.
I should post mine, I got that one beat.

Koshiba

hooded pitohui said:
PICT1980.jpg

I'm a Dragon Quest nerd. :(

I like this one a lot. :lol

Personally I've kinda always wanted to get tattoos but then at the same time I think how that might affect my life later on so I haven't. ;( Must say I've been tempted to get a Lum tattoo.. :lol

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Koshiba said:
I like this one a lot. :lol

Personally I've kinda always wanted to get tattoos but then at the same time I think how that might affect my life later on so I haven't. ;( Must say I've been tempted to get a Lum tattoo.. :lol
As long as it's not on your hands/neck/head; how will it ever affect your life?

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo this summer- my avatar, and the hangul (Korean) for taekwondo. I'm not sure where to put it/if it's a good idea. Thoughts?

Koshiba

Nino said:
As long as it's not on your hands/neck/head; how will it ever affect your life?

Could come out looking like shit.. could change my mind about it.. will probably look really nasty when I'm older. What if I decided I wanted to try some modeling or something? (I doubt but hey..) I just don't really like something perm that I could end up regretting I suppose.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Naked Snake said:
Don't you mean an inverted-color version of that? Which had me thinking, and this is a serious question... Can/do black people get tattoos?

You can't be serious...........are you like 10??

I've got a lot
15e95jm.jpg

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Koshiba said:
Could come out looking like shit.. could change my mind about it.. will probably look really nasty when I'm older. What if I decided I wanted to try some modeling or something? (I doubt but hey..) I just don't really like something perm that I could end up regretting I suppose.
Yea those are all reasonable fears, I thought about mine for a long long time and now seems to be the best time to get one. I'm in my early twenties and I'd probably enjoy it for longer than I'd be annoyed by it. Besides, the tattoo means something that'll be always with me. It represents my affection for hardcore punk, I've met most of my friends through hardcore, I met my roommates through hardcore, my life would be completely different if it wasn't for hardcore. I know I wont be into hardcore as much by the time I turn 40 but that wont change anything about the past 5 years.

I'm scared as fuck that it might come out ugly, especially now that my appointment is in 35 minutes. But there's not a whole lot about the design that can get screwed up and the artist is convinced that he's able to pull it off.

Koshiba

Nino said:
Yea those are all reasonable fears, I thought about mine for a long long time and now seems to be the best time to get one, I'm in my early twenties and I'd probably enjoy it for longer than I'd be annoyed by it.

I'm scared as fuck that it might come out ugly, especially not that my appointment is in 35 minutes. But there's not a whole lot about the design that can get screwed up and the artist is convinced that he's able to pull it off.

Yeah, it might be something I decide to do once my life is a little more solid and things are stable. So I'll see where I'm at in a few years and then decide if it's something I want to do or not. :)

My ex got a transformers tattoo (he always wanted to get it done..) and wants another one.

l_3659127bfee22b8aabb2be2528d27f1c.jpg

Here's a pic of when he first got it done. Since I have none of my own to share. D;

Ugh, why the fuck would you want to bring attention to that toe?! I'm gonna be sick. This is worse than goaste.

Koshiba said:
l_3659127bfee22b8aabb2be2528d27f1c.jpg

Here's a pic of when he first got it done. Since I have none of my own to share. D;
Awesome! But the lines are too close together. And it should've been on the other arm, like Optimus!

VaLiancY

Nino said:
I should post mine, I got that one beat.

I have all of you beat for worst looking toe award. So don't try it or I'll have to sit you down.:lol

I've been wanting a tattoo since I was 15, I already had the design I want and where to put it. I never thought of putting it on my forearms or my neck out of fear(maybe on my collarbone or base of my neck) of not finding a good paying job but I'm over that now yet I still wouldn't do it. My biggest trouble is finding a good artist, my friend just got a tattoo and it looks like utter shit, she got a butterfly and its not even one bit symmetrical so it just looks laughable with one wing bigger and crooked than the other.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Both are clickable:

It's actually black/grey, but it looks a tiny bit red here since it had just been finished. I de-saturated the photo a bit, which is (partly) why my skin looks so pale! I plan on eventually finishing the upper part of that arm with designs/creatures along the same lines.

An ode to my somewhat sickening passion for pizza, or 'za, as friends and I call it. Almost nobody gets it, or thinks it's retarded, but I don't care; I like "dumb tattoos" as long as they're personal and unique.

I have others, but these are my favorites.

Nolan.

I'm trying to think of a design that will go around my ankles for my tattoo but haven't thought of a good one yet.

Jugendstil said:
I've had this one for about 2 years now:

This is the start of a chest piece, will eventually have a background that extends across my chest to both shoulders:
l_1b47eed39a341c678e67f172292e5de9.jpg

Soooooo... when's the Aryan brotherhood meeting?

Frester

In order that I got them:
THETATTOO.jpg

bulletbill2.jpg

8th notes were first.

achilles005.jpg

achilles003.jpg

session3.jpg

Last one needs about 2 more hours, which I'm getting done in 2 weeks or so. I'll have about 90% coverage eventually, shit is expensive!

NekoFever

TheClimaxan said:

It means friend in sign language. My best friend growing up was deaf and he died in his sleep when he was very young (11). I wanted to get this tat since I was 11 and I finally got it this year (I'm 23 now)
That one's great. It looks good and it means something. I could never see myself getting a tattoo just because or as a fashion thing, but I can respect something like that.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Friend of mine has the Locust mosquito too, fucking awesome design.

Scalemail Ted said:
You got that quick.
Well I had the idea for years, I just happened to make this thread on the day I was gonna schedule appointment and the artist had a spot today.

Ooh, more people showed up then I imagined. Good going gaf!

Just a quick shot of the lineart a couple months ago;
early_stuff878.jpg

This weekend I'll take pictures of where it's at right now.
(can't wait till its finished :D)

TheClimaxan said:

Best tattoo in this thread

glow

Banned
Frester said:
session3.jpg

Last one needs about 2 more hours, which I'm getting done in 2 weeks or so. I'll have about 90% coverage eventually, shit is expensive!

Magritte tattoo collection, I love it! Now I want to get that "sky bird" one tattooed on my back.

Gildor

TheClimaxan said:

First thing I thought when I saw it: "pull my finger"

glow

Banned
Nino said:
tattooo667.jpg

I'll post a better pic when it's done healing. It came out fucking awesome.

Looks good! I used to wear the Minor Threat Out of Step black sheep t-shirt all the time when I was a teenager. Not because I was straight edge or anything, I just loved the shirt and Minor Threat's music.

Top Bottom