• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

ten5ive9ine

They've got me haunting a family in Texas.
DeathNote said:
you're joking right?

Green Swallow is the only nice one in there, and even that's a little played out IMO.
Also design aside, most of those are poorly done.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Just get fucked up on Acid and have some paints and a blank canvas nearby. Start fucking shit up with the paints and then you'll have your awesome tattoo.

Captain N said:
NEStattoo.jpg

That's horrible

okno said:
Which place and person are you talking about, hmmm?

It was done by Kevin Starai at Deluxe Tattoo, although he no longer works there. I guess "best" is subjective, but from the work I've seen, Kevin is incredibly talented and the guys at Deluxe all do really great work.

Zeke

DeathNote said:
I'm sorry guys.... but I can't find any tattoo I like in this thread.

This is what I call quality tattoos: (they aren't mine)

14tqwk7.jpg
2ce4ydv.jpg

qpiiyw.jpg
dcuao5.jpg

10xhikw.jpg
24lkglh.jpg

14mcnpk.jpg
wjzwxw.jpg

2ik85fk.jpg
ddgd8o.jpg

2il1nbn.jpg

I cannot settle for anyting less than this.

My quest is to find the greatest tattoo artist before I get mine.
those are all pretty meh imo

okno

Jugendstil said:
It was done by Kevin Starai at Deluxe Tattoo, although he no longer works there. I guess "best" is subjective, but from the work I've seen, Kevin is incredibly talented and the guys at Deluxe all do really great work.

Oh, yeah, Deluxe is great. I'm looking to get something done at either Tatu Tattoo or Taylor Street. I know the people at Tatu and they're all fantastic people and artists, and my brother knows a few people at Taylor and they're all ace, too. Was just wondering if it was perhaps one of them.

I really need to decide on what I want to get. I was thinking of getting the nordic compass on my forearm, but I've started to lose interest in that... Another idea was to get the birds from the Sigur Ros artwork on my back and have them wrap around the top of my shoulder, but I don't know. I've been toying around with the idea of getting something small on my knee caps, I never see anyone with tats there. I also like the idea of getting an open door on the back of my head, near where my neck and head join, as kind of a symbol of the doors I've opened in my mind to show the transformation I have made in myself within the last few ears. I'm starting to get really antsy.

Zeke

the artists did good work the designs are really what I'm talking about. I'm more into old school and traditional tattoo styles. So those pics he posted really don't do anything for me or make my jaw drop and go "WOW thats really impressive" Tattoos like these drop my jaw the colors and shading are so well done and the tattoos themselves look amazing

sugar_skully.jpg

hands_on_chest.jpg

Ermc_G6

Man... I would love to get a tat if I didn't have to look at it every day of my life.

Maybe when they get a removal process that doesn't suck then I'll go for it, but I'm just afraid that Ill pick one, and then hate it a week later.

ten5ive9ine

They've got me haunting a family in Texas.
Ermc_G6 said:
Maybe when they get a removal process that doesn't suck then I'll go for it, but I'm just afraid that Ill pick one, and then hate it a week later.

It seriously rubs me up the wrong way when people say this. Shit or get off the pot.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Zeke said:
WOW that's really impressive.
SnakeXs said:
I got my second tattoo on my hand/finger. A place even turned me down since they don't do them on hands/necks unless you're head to toe in ink.

Then again I never placed my bet on living a "9-5" life, so whoop dee doo.
I wish there wasn't a taboo, I'm doomed for the 9 to 5 life (IT background) :(.
salva said:
That's horrible
I like it, it could use a little touching up but whatever.

I'm starting to gather some ideas for my next one, one that popped in my head earlier today was a drawing of one of those glass museum display boxes with a party hooter/party hat in it with 'The Art Of Partying' written on the plague.

JimiNutz

Banned
I want to get a couple but refuse to get them done until I find a great artist. I'm also gonna need to save a lot because they're gonna cost quite a bit

I want:

on my back-the wheel of life
Wheel-of-LifeL.jpg

on my chest-find him and kill him
chest_tattoos.jpg

memento-797189.jpg

On my right arm/shoulder-Chinese Dragon
372px-Chinese_dragon.png

On my right bumcheek-peanut butt
peanut-butt-2.jpg

On my left bumcheek-Ass Rape Man from Cyanide and Happiness
ass-rape-man.jpg

I'll also get something gaming related (probably on the back of my calf) but haven't decided what yet.

Zeke

it looks good man I was just curious is all. I want full sleeves but the funeral business would shit a brick if did. So my plan is to do half sleeves for now.

okno said:
Oh, yeah, Deluxe is great. I'm looking to get something done at either Tatu Tattoo or Taylor Street. I know the people at Tatu and they're all fantastic people and artists, and my brother knows a few people at Taylor and they're all ace, too. Was just wondering if it was perhaps one of them.

Tatu Tattoo is great too. Actually the only Chicago tattoo parlor I've heard bad things about is Jade Dragon. Tatu Tattoo, Cherry Bomb, Deluxe, Tomato, Chicago Tattoo, Revolution... there are a ton of great studios and I know people with great work from all of them.

Nolan.

DeathNote said:
I'm sorry guys.... but I can't find any tattoo I like in this thread.

This is what I call quality tattoos: (they aren't mine)

http://i36.tinypic.com/14tqwk7.jpg[/IM] [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2ce4ydv.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/qpiiyw.jpg[/IM][IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/dcuao5.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/10xhikw.jpg[/IM][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/24lkglh.jpg[/IM]
[IM]http://i37.tinypic.com/14mcnpk.jpghttp://i35.tinypic.com/wjzwxw.jpg[/IM]
[IM]http://i34.tinypic.com/2ik85fk.jpg[/IM][IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/ddgd8o.jpg
[IM]http://i33.tinypic.com/2il1nbn.jpg[/IM]

I cannot settle for anyting less than this.

My quest is to find the greatest tattoo artist before I get mine.

I don't like any of the stuff personally even though some are done by (arguably) some of the best tattooists. Some of the tattoos in this thread are a bit much for me. There's a really nice design I saw a while back i'll try and dig a bit to find it.

Yeah Flo, those sheep are adorable. Is there a story behind them, or do you just like counting sheep?

I like this one for some reason... is it your own design? What significance does it have (if any)?

It's not my own design, but it does have some personal significance to me. See, my whole life, my mom's been this fundamentalist Catholic (she's getting better about accepting my beliefs these days, don't worry), and one night I came back smelling like marijuana. I told her it wasn't a big deal, and she had even told me in the past that she'd done it during college, but she relentlessly tore into me about it. She ended her lecture with "you need to repent for your sins or God will never forgive you."

The very next day I was browsing a record shop and came across Godspeed You! Black Emperor's f#a#∞. I picked it up without a second thought. When I got it home and unwrapped it I was treated to a small envelope inside with a few inserts and a crushed penny. One of the inserts had this artwork, and I took it as a sign. I, obviously, got it tattooed on my ribcage, signifying the fact that people will denounce just about anything due to what they believe, and it should never stop people from living their lives out of fear.

Hooray!

waxer

Im looking at getting a full sleeve. Probably leave most up to the artist. I want biomechanical and dragon mixed nicely. The whole thing had to flow though.
http://www.bohemiantattooarts.com/index.php?page=gallery
Heres some of his bio work
50li5e.jpg

11j5g5v.jpg

And I would either like a mechanical dragon or a more traditional dragon with just parts that are mechanical. If it were all mech it would have to be alot smoother than this one as it doesnt match well with the other work and looks really busy.
2co0685.jpg

2wbsu21.jpg

Shaneus

1fjtxg.jpg

That's a logo that a mate knocked up for me that IMO sums me up ideally... a dorky retro gaming fan who wears glasses :D I'm thinking that if I go anything, it'll be that ghost, somewhere small, probably on my bicep.

Dazzla

I've always been tempted by a tattoo, nothing major though but who knows how addicting it could be to me.

I'm a big mythology nut, particularly Egypt and Norse as well as the cultures that were around at the time, was gonna get one of these maybe:

mw8v7t.gif

The Shen has always led the pack, it's an Egyptian symbol associated with eternity, the cartouche comes from it. Leo is my birth sign and the other 2 are runes, Ansuz typically corresponds with Odin and Fehu (Fe) with Frejya.

They're just the symbols, not necessarily the design. Got absolutely no idea where I'd put them either. Inner forearm maybe? Seems a bit too cliche though.

i don't have one myself, but a guy asked me to design one.. a honey bee.

i thought he would never go through with it untill i got the pictures.
Don't ask me why he's in to honey bees.. something to do with his girlfriend i think

i feel honoured that he will carry a design on his body that i made, for the rest of his life. he lives on the other side of the world from me..

eg8ivp.jpg

ive always flirted with the idea of getting a tattoo but never really committed to anything because i was very serious about getting something that was personal and not just on a whim. anyway, after searching online for a few ideas, i came to the conclusion that if i were ever to get a tattoo it'd be something along the lines of this:

bmepb451887.jpg

bmepb476112.jpg

bmepb544963.jpg

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
cmonmanreally said:
ive always flirted with the idea of getting a tattoo but never really committed to anything because i was very serious about getting something that was personal and not just on a whim. anyway, after searching online for a few ideas, i came to the conclusion that if i were ever to get a tattoo it'd be something along the lines of this:]

that one is pretty dominating though. Can't really just have that one imo. Looks slightly mal-placed with one large ass tattoo.

But that's a mere taste thing. :)

I really want to draw some arabic inspired calligraphy -looking design for myself.

Zeke

do you really have nothing better to do than in go into all the tattoo threads talk shit non-stop? Or tell people they have made the biggest mistake of their lives? Get a fuckin life man.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
Zeke said:
do you really have nothing better to do than in go into all the tattoo threads talk shit non-stop? Or tell people they have made the biggest mistake of their lives? Get a fuckin life man.
All I gotta say is "Fuck the Systsem"

Alpha_eX

Schmo Florez said:

This is the sort of thing that puts me off getting a tattoo, you could get a great design on paper but end up with a shitty artist doing it.

Always-honest, that bee design is great, good job.

Frester

cmonmanreally said:
ive always flirted with the idea of getting a tattoo but never really committed to anything because i was very serious about getting something that was personal and not just on a whim. anyway, after searching online for a few ideas, i came to the conclusion that if i were ever to get a tattoo it'd be something along the lines of this:

bmepb451887.jpg

bmepb476112.jpg

bmepb544963.jpg

I've seen a bunch of her and her partners stuff on BME and all of it is pretty awesome. Although most of GAF probably doesn't recognize those dots as suspension scars.

Top Bottom