• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

klausbert

Mango Positive said:
Here's mine... something that's hidden in public and something I'll never regret (I play). I'd love to get the entire band up there, but that would be pretty expensive. This hurt like a bitch, by the way.

l_1f648e94579f2a0f81931066c11323e5.jpg
That's the only tattoo in this thread that i liked. If i would ever get a tattoo it would be something guitar centric too.

Reznor

I had mine posted in the newer tattoo thread, but since this old one is back, I may as well post it here.

Wolf.jpg

Reznor said:
I had mine posted in the newer tattoo thread, but since this old one is back, I may as well post it here.

Wolf.jpg

I think this one's pretty badass! I also liked the friendship one [sign language]. Great message behind it.

I've thought of getting one, but it probably won't happen [at least not for a while]. One of Yoji Shinkawa's MGS sketches of Snake or maybe Big Boss saluting would be awesome IMO, but a huge pain in the ass to get. Maybe the FOXHOUND logo, i've always liked it XD

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mar_ said:
Is that... A removed nazi tattoo on her leg or am I imagining things.
I see it too!

But it looks more like a Red Cross.

Flo

blame space said:
Yeah Flo, those sheep are adorable. Is there a story behind them, or do you just like counting sheep?
Thank you and cosmic :) Well I just liked the idea of always having some sheep around to count if I would want to sleep but couldn't! Somehow they give a sense of comfort and remind me that I can do whatever I want to. Hm maybe that sounds a little weird, but that's how it is with most of my tattoos.. I a few new ones last friday, I'll see if I can get some pics of those!

Mdk7

Frester said:
I've seen a bunch of her and her partners stuff on BME and all of it is pretty awesome. Although most of GAF probably doesn't recognize those dots as suspension scars.
I googled suspension scars because of this post... and eventually came up with pictures of a polish guy who voluntarily had his eyelids stitched. 3_3"

Frester

sankt-Antonio said:
wait - how can you get suspension scars on your knees?
crasy...

BME said:
Types of Suspension

Some of the more common types of suspension are:

* Suicide Suspension; the most common form. Hung vertically from piercings in the back. A variation that includes hooks in the arm is a Crucifix Suspension.
* Vertical Chest Suspension or O-Kee-Pa style.
* Superman Suspension, a Horizontal Suspension with the face pointing down.
* Coma Suspension, a horizontal suspension with the face pointing up.
* Lotus Suspension, a suspension in the lotus position.
* Resurrection Suspension, a suspension from the torso.
* Knee Suspension, a suspension from the knees, hanging upside down.
* Elbow Suspension, a vertical suspension with hooks in the elbows. There is also the very extreme One Hook Elbow Suspension (which has only ever been sucessful once, by Clive Mathias).
* Calf Suspension, a vertical upside down suspension with hooks in the calves.

Frester

Jugendstil said:
Wow, suspension was something I'd never thought I'd see discussed on the OT. Wonders never cease! :lol

It's only a matter of time once people starting pulling stuff from BME.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Core407 said:
Are you serious dude? :lol It looks like Dr.Seuss threw up on your back.
I think he was trying to say something about the standards in this thread, not participate with a picture of himself.

Core407

Banned
Brobzoid said:
I think he was trying to say something about the standards in this thread, not participate with a picture of himself.

Good, I feel relieved. On a somewhat related note, how painful do you think a tattoo on the dick would be and yes, I am serious.

Frester

Core407 said:
Good, I feel relieved. On a somewhat related note, how painful do you think a tattoo on the dick would be and yes, I am serious.

On the shaft? Probably not too bad. On the head? Excruciating.

Jugendstil said:
We're doomed if people find the pictures of the guy with the bifurcated penis.

Well now you gon' and done it. I was thinking about posting some of my own suspension pictures but I think I won't.

Frester said:
Well now you gon' and done it. I was thinking about posting some of my own suspension pictures but I think I won't.

If you're serious, I'd be really interested in seeing them. It's something I've been fascinated with for a long time, although I've never done it myself. I don't know how open minded the rest of the OT would be towards more extreme forms of body modification, but I'd be curious to hear about your experience with it. We could start a body modification/piercing thread but it would probably verge on violating TOS.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I'm too much of a chickenshit to commit and get a tattoo, but when I do, I think my first will be this:

mmeredane.jpg

A symbol for Change.

Doesn't look like anybody has posted in here in awhile, but I just got a new one on Tuesday.

tat1.jpg

tat2.jpg

The notes I transcribed from the bass part from the song Acknowledgement on A Love Supreme by John Coltrane. The red notes correspond with the word Love later on in the song when they're chanting "A Love Supreme...."

Frester

Jugendstil said:
If you're serious, I'd be really interested in seeing them. It's something I've been fascinated with for a long time, although I've never done it myself. I don't know how open minded the rest of the OT would be towards more extreme forms of body modification, but I'd be curious to hear about your experience with it. We could start a body modification/piercing thread but it would probably verge on violating TOS.

I'll PM you about it if you want, just PM me to remind me. I rarely venture past the first page of threads unless I'm looking for something specific. Plus I'm in the midst of midterms >:O

DMart

Neo Member
Here's one I got this weekend, the start of my old school sleeve. Here's some crappy cel phone pics.

Outline:
0_IMAGE_016.jpg

Finished (but not healed):
0_IMAGE_022.jpg

metroid23

Maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but it looks like the sword is crooked?

aye_me_sword_is_cursed.jpg

All for tattoos and everything, but man, I would be worried if someone was having to draw a straight line :\

dk_

metroid23 said:

crookie
All for tattoos and everything, but man, I would be worried if someone was having to draw a straight line :\
uh-oh :lol

soultron

Banned
metroid23 said:

Think about how the design is drawn on paper and then applied to a curved surface. It's hard for a tattoo artist to account for that. At least the skull obscures the extremely minor misalignment.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
soultron said:
Think about how the design is drawn on paper and then applied to a curved surface. It's hard for a tattoo artist to account for that. At least the skull obscures the extremely minor misalignment.
you'd think a tattoo artist would be aware of the curving.

Trax416 said:
This thread makes on thing clear. Americans need to go to better tattoo artists.

Fixed!

USA has tonnes of good artists, but people in general are too lazy to actually spend a month or two researching designs and good tattoo artists. We have the same thing in UK, people walk down the road to their local tattooist and get inked up

But each to their own

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dahellisdat said:
Doesn't look like anybody has posted in here in awhile, but I just got a new one on Tuesday.

tat1.jpg

tat2.jpg

The notes I transcribed from the bass part from the song Acknowledgement on A Love Supreme by John Coltrane. The red notes correspond with the word Love later on in the song when they're chanting "A Love Supreme...."

You have fine taste in music sir.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
mario3.gif

..on my right shoulder blade, I'll make a new picture when it's been drawn over. I like it, and I'm planning on extend it to a bigger tattoo, but haven't the slightest idea how exactly I'm gonna do it. Different characters (Megaman etc), a piece of level background, no idea.

So yeah, basically I'm looking for some kind of inspiration, if one of you guys got any (not horrendous looking) ideas, I'm open for it :)

Jugendstil said:

That's not body modification, that's self mutilation/torture.
I don't see the appeal with causing great deals of pain to yourself like that.

metroid23 said:

Usually they apply the design when your arm is completely at rest. It's possible his arm was twisted when he took the picture and it didn't line up perfectly in that pic you're looking at. My tattoos can look pretty crooked too if my arm isn't in a resting position.

Dizzan said:
You have fine taste in music sir.
Thanks, man.

Shoogoo

Some of the tatoos I saw here are nice, on the other hand, some are hideous and I wouldn't like to have those on my body for the rest of my life.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
... this thread has reminded me why i will never ever get a tattoo. holy crap, wat a waste of money.... also nerdy, ugly, and pretentious at the same time..

flame away boys and girls.

Hitman said:
... this thread has reminded me why i will never ever get a tattoo. holy crap, wat a waste of money.... also nerdy, ugly, and pretentious at the same time..

:lol :lol

Hitman said:

lmao @ pretentious..ok

So wrong about tattoos, but everything is subjective anyway. You are looking at a bad selection of tattoos from a gaming board, if you were to go to a real tattoo forum I am sure you will see MUCH better designs

xabre

Banned
2zsqxhh.jpg

I walked by the local jew community with my shirt off the other day. Needless to say I got some stares.

White power.

jecclr2003 said:
That's not body modification, that's self mutilation/torture.
I don't see the appeal with causing great deals of pain to yourself like that.

Well, I'm not an expert by any means, but it is body modification because it involves temporary piercing. If you do it correctly, it isn't mutilation, and the pain/torture aspect is an incredibly subjective interpretation. Many people experience euphoria or use it to enter into intense meditative states and practice it for the shamanistic and spiritual qualities. The pain experienced is something that draws people to it as well. Experiencing pain within a controlled environment can be quite valuable as well, but I'm not going to get into an argument on the semantics of temporary piercing and BDSM in the OT forum. Some people also consider it performance art. While I can understand why most people find it repellent or upsetting, it's ignorant to think that anyone interested in it or practicing it is only interested in it because they have some sort of unhealthy urge to cause self injury.

DMart

Neo Member
metroid23 said:

My arm is twisted a little in the picture, when my arm is at rest or in a natural position, the dagger is straight. I whipped out a straight edge last night because I was worried...

metroid23

YakiSOBA said:
Here's one my girlfriend is having done now. Colors go in next week.

n615630327_3414336_3203.jpg

Fucking hot, man. My chick has 5, two on her arms and three on her back. I think I would like to see her get something like that wrapped around her side before the sleeves she wants. Nice work! Be sure to show the after pics when it's done! :D

DMart: Cool, glad to hear it's just the angle! I was worried for you! :) Still makes me worry about hidden straight lines, though. Glad to hear yours came out ok!

Top Bottom