• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your tattoos

YYZ

manofmandango said:
http://sale.images.woot.com/Yeah,_thats_what_it_really_saysxz0Detail.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Man that was some effort to the get to the punchline. Not sure if it was worth it.

[spoiler]it says "kick me"[/spoiler]

Razorback

manofmandango said:
Yeah,_thats_what_it_really_saysxz0Detail.png

:lol

Kick me

ohie5c.jpg

It's the chinese character 池 which shares the pronunciation of my last name. The meaning of the character is actually pond. The reason it looks a little different is because I let one of my artist friends take it and add her own spin to it. I got it around 6 years or so ago and I'm itching to get another one. And no, I'm not a white suburban kid.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was just about to bump this thread!

Has anyone ever had any experiences with getting tattoos on their actual ankle? if so how long does it take to heal?

I have been toying with the idea of getting this particular tattoo for about a year now and I have decided to go on ahead and get it. But it needs to be over the ankle..

e628cd-0-edfa79-e8c5-full572x572.jpg

Lotus Ohm (cause and effect, essentially) with the Star of Lakshmi (luck, or fate) on my back, aaaand..

P8190480.jpg

The 1700's alchemical symbols for composition and decomposition redone into a single symbol.

armubaba

50li5e.jpg

I'm not looking to get a tattoo or anything, but does anybody know what the diamond symbol under the "Om" is? I drove past a religious building one day and saw this plastered on the front of it. I've been trying to find out what religion it was ever since.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
armubaba said:
I'm not looking to get a tattoo or anything, but does anybody know what the diamond symbol under the "Om" is? I drove past a religious building one day and saw this plastered on the front of it. I've been trying to find out what religion it was ever since.
The "Illuminati Diamond" from Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons".

ZeoVGM

Banned
Outlaw said:
"OH Look at me!!I have a retarded permanent drawing on my body!!!" You guys are Idiots. Especially the ones with symbols.

I'm sad that no one pointed out this moron called people idiots for getting tattoos, yet he capitalized the word "idiots."

Togeo

Going in for a chest piece of this Sunday surrounded by waves bringing it up to the shoulder in preparation for my eventual sleeve.
labyrinth01.jpg

I'll post pics once it's all healed and nice.

i really want a tattoo but i don't know what i should get, i don't wanna get one just to have it. i want it to be meaningful, after seeing the sheep from the op i think something like that would be cool

armubaba said:
50li5e.jpg

I don't think it's religious, it says "earth air fire water."

omg rite said:
I'm sad that no one pointed out this moron called people idiots for getting tattoos, yet he capitalized the word "idiots."

When people comment on something like that, it adds fuel to the fire. Ignoring it is the best way to chastise the one who wrote as we deem it too insignificant to even mention or rant about.

Also, on that note what is the difference between a tattooed person and one without tattoos? A tattooed person doesn't care that you have tattoos. So true most of the time (aside from my grandmother who is 80 and when she saw my tattoos she sighed and said "I really wish I had the nerve to do that, I always wanted one).

shas'la

Can anyone in Lodon recommend me a good tattooist, the polish guy that did mY previous ones has gone back to the motherland, leaving me in quite a pinch. Help me out London GAF!

Traditional Japanese tattoos are my favorite but extremely hard to get since you basically have to know someone that has already gotten one and then have to be interviewed and approved by the master. I've been in contact with the man that did this one:

chiba_woman_tattoo_by_boost_samurai.jpg

He has a studio here in LA. Problem is traditional Japanese tattoos are done by hand and are extremely painful and take months/years to finish. They do the shit by hand with basically a mallet and a stick with needles attached. I've always wanted a tat like Crying Freeman's...

Alien Manobo said:
recently got my account activated, finally have the chance to post mine after seeing this thread a year ago
Picture.jpg

DSC00029Medium.jpg

mytats.jpg

Awesome. I've had a very specific sketch of a snake I want done in traditional Japanese style for a long time now, but I really can't find any artists in Chicago that work well in that style.

Jugendstil said:
Awesome. I've had a very specific sketch of a snake I want done in traditional Japanese style for a long time now, but I really can't find any artists in Chicago that work well in that style.

thanks. my artist is located in Manila, Philippines. if ever you get to visit here, i can hook you up with him. his rate is around 22$/hour (would need a month advance to sched the session, since his calendar gets fully booked pretty fast)

armubaba said:
50li5e.jpg

That's badass

bigosc2k said:
This was my first tattoo I got back in April, and I getting my second tattoo next Friday.

tattoo.jpg

Awesome. Representando, ese.

sn00zer

jboldiga said:
Traditional Japanese tattoos are my favorite but extremely hard to get since you basically have to know someone that has already gotten one and then have to be interviewed and approved by the master. I've been in contact with the man that did this one:

He has a studio here in LA. Problem is traditional Japanese tattoos are done by hand and are extremely painful and take months/years to finish. They do the shit by hand with basically a mallet and a stick with needles attached. I've always wanted a tat like Crying Freeman's...
Arent these tats reserved for Yakuzas?

whitehawk

Banned
This thread made me realize tattoos are not for me. I'm tempted, but I know I would regret it 10 minutes after I get it. There are some tattoos I like, but some of them in here.. Not for me.

armubaba said:
50li5e.jpg

The diamond "symbol" says Earth, Air, Fire and Water, even upside down!

ajim

jboldiga said:

That is so damn hot.

Forkball said:
http://i29.tinypic.com/anzrf5.jpg[IMG]

My chest is a collage of Gundam Wing.[/QUOTE]
OH MY FUCK! How did I miss this? This is absolutely amazing. I'd love something Evangelion related somewhere. How's your chest piece look like?

Count Dookkake said:
The diamond "symbol" says Earth, Air, Fire and Water, even upside down!

Oh shi... it´s true! :O

Anyway, i really think 99% of the tattoos people get are dumb and look horrible on most bodies, i really don´t understand why people do them. I have many friends with tattoos and everytime they show them to me i just don´t know what to say, i´m a terrible liar, but they just look so excited about it that i just say "cool".

Top Bottom