• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Father_Brain said:
Yeesh. The tweets that he just made earlier this week? Come on - you can't cancel a game and then announce a new version from a different developer a week and a half later.

What did he tweeted?

EXGN said:
Hype + 10 for Rising if true. 3DS MGS6 (PW=5) can sod off though - they better not limit the scope of the game to fit on that platform.

A 3DS version (as opposed to a spinoff using downscaled HD assets) wouldn't make sense, no, but wouldn't having NGP as the baseline necessitate some significant compromises compared to MGS4?

strem said:
Kojima to Square to head up FFVII remake?

Kojima should take some of the old Silent Hill staff that Konami has fucking around in KCET's basement, team up with Hironobu Sakaguchi, pull Yoshinori Kitase away from Square-Enix, and make some new dream-team company!!!

I WOULD RIKE!

LiK

Corto said:
Konami conference will stomp E3 again!

3484lyt.gif

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
opticalmace said:
As someone who has never played Bayonetta can someone tell me why this is awesome news?

Spoilers for Bayonetta's final boss fight ahead: The final part of Bayonetta begins with
you riding a motorbike up rockets being launched, before you proceed to fight God, who is a massive, lumbering female, in space. And at the end of the fight you kick God into the sun
. That is why this is awesome news.

Woffls

Don said:
The 'Solid' part of the title has nothing to do with Solid Snake really.

Metal Gear 1 and 2 had Solid Snake as the protagonist while not having 'Solid' in the title, and MGS3, MGS: Portable Ops and MGS: Peace Walker didn't involve Solid Snake.
What does it refer to then? I always just assumed it was because of Solid Snake. I'm sure there's an explanation that involves extensive mental gymnastics, or someone just decided it sounded cool.

Miri said:
Not necessarily. If true, I hope it does though.
I just don't see why they would put it on a platform that had achievements and not support it, especially given how much we've been demanding them for the last 3 years.

Gravijah

Combichristoffersen said:
Spoilers for Bayonetta's final boss fight ahead: The final part of Bayonetta begins with
you riding a motorbike up rockets being launched, before you proceed to fight God, who is a massive, lumbering female, in space. And at the end of the fight you kick God into the sun

You could have just talked about the greatest opening sequence in gaming history.

Zeliard

Bayonetta is full of amazing sequences. I feel sorry for anyone who can't get past the art to play that game. Truly missing out.

-Winnie-

Oh dear god, DO WANT!

[edit]I do hope there's no trouble at KP, though. New team leaders and all, it'd be kinda sad if they weren't able to cope with the game's development. :(

opticalmace said:
As someone who has never played Bayonetta can someone tell me why this is awesome news?...

far more enjoyable than someone trying to tell you would be to play it & discover why for yourself :) ...

jett

D-Member
SlaughterX said:
Haha, honestly I have more faith in PG making a good MGS action game than Kojima.

More faith? That's a given and goes without saying. If E3 disappoints I'm blaming YOU TTP, no one but YOU.

Angry Fork

Combichristoffersen said:
This sounds fucking hilarious. I've always wanted to play the game but I only have a PS3 and I didn't want to play that kind of game with any framerate problems which I heard were prevalent in the PS3 version. If Alan Wake doesn't come to PC then i'll get a 360 down the line and i'll definitely get Bayonetta also.

Zeliard

I rented Vanquish through Gamefly a while back and while I don't think it approaches Bayonetta (not many console titles this gen do), it's still quite a ride. As someone who's played a lot of Quake I absolutely adore the speed and furiousness of that game.

Platinum Games rocks.

Konosuke

OMG this sounds so good and so fake. But it's TTP. I will believe. It would make sense after Kojima's tweets, he really wanted his younger staff to develop an MGS without him.
This E3 is getting more exciting.

TreIII

Gravijah said:
You could have just talked about the greatest opening sequence in gaming history.

Yeah, this. You're FIGHTING and doing awesome shit as soon as the game really starts. My kinda game.

ferr

It's possible that his source is a time machine -- this guy just picked up a magazine from 5 years from now and came back..
Only issue with that is he may have just changed the future by releasing this info.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Woffls said:
What does it refer to then? I always just assumed it was because of Solid Snake. I'm sure there's an explanation that involves extensive mental gymnastics, or someone just decided it sounded cool.

If memory serves, in an old interview, Kojima said that MGS1 was initially to be named Metal Gear 3, but since the game was supposed to be a worldwide release, he decided to rename the franchise as "Metal Gear Solid".

The "Solid" part refers IIRC, to the 3D jump from the pixel/2d based games. Apparently Solid was also a nod to Squaresoft. (Since a "solid" cube is associated to the 3D perspective, and Square at the time was doing mostly 2D based games.)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Angry Fork said:
This sounds fucking hilarious. I've always wanted to play the game but I only have a PS3 and I didn't want to play that kind of game with any framerate problems which I heard were prevalent in the PS3 version. If Alan Wake doesn't come to PC then i'll get a 360 down the line and i'll definitely get Bayonetta also.

I played the PS3 version, and it's not the unplayable mess some people want to make it out to be, as long as you update the game and install it on the HDD. The 360 version is probably the superior version (I wouldn't know, I haven't played it), but the PS3 version is by no means unplayable.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Makes sense that Platinum would be in charge of Rising, to some extent. The way the characters moved in Bayonetta and Vanquish would translate well to Raiden's movements.

I'm curious to see what Kojima has in store for E3. I hope we get something of the caliber of the original MGS4 reveal.

I still think he recent tweet was as a result of having seen the MW3 trailer. I'm guessing if he announces a new PS360 MGS, it is about WW3 in multiple countries or some such, lol.

thcsquad

bernardobri said:
The "Solid" part refers IIRC, to the 3D jump from the pixel/2d based games. Apparently Solid was also a nod to Squaresoft. (Since a "solid" cube is associated to the 3D perspective, and Square at the time was doing mostly 2D based games.)

So it's not just because the main character is named Solid Snake? Umm, okay...

LiK

Kagari said:
The Kamiya part sounds like it could be real. Everything else, not so much.

gonna be funny if after all this, Kamiya could just be a advisor or something.

"This is how you do action!"

Jocchan said:

I agree with that also, but Rising wasn't intended to be a pure action title like Kamiya makes. It was meant to be a faster version of MGS where a sword is the primary weapon instead of guns. It was even confirmed that you could make it through the game without killing anyone like in the previous games.

jett

D-Member
SolidSnakex said:
I agree with that also, but Rising wasn't intended to be a pure action title like Kamiya makes. It was meant to be a faster version of MGS where a sword is the primary weapon instead of guns. It was even confirmed that you could make it through the game without killing anyone like in the previous games.

Kamiya will make a better game than whatever the hell Kojima Productions was doing.

Top Bottom