• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

Kusagari

YoungHav said:
I am laughing at Kojima and hope this is true. LOL @ him losing his own game, thats what happens when you never patch MGS4 for trophies. He trolled us for months with ambiguous answers whenever asked about them, now likewise he shall be trolled.

Rising was never Kojima's game to begin with.

duckroll

YoungHav said:
I am laughing at Kojima and hope this is true. LOL @ him losing his own game, thats what happens when you never patch MGS4 for trophies. He trolled us for months with ambiguous answers whenever asked about them, now likewise he shall be trolled.

Kojima didn't lose anything though, since he didn't have jack shit to do with Rising. He wasn't producing it, he wasn't writing it, he wasn't even doing game design on it. Lol.

iavi

FTH said:
The most interesting part is the number of systems MGS6 would be coming to..

PS3 360 NGP and "3DS"?

Komami gotta survive y'all

I actually lol'd at that. People are saying that the Steam part is what leads them to believe it's bullshit, I'd say that.

Radogol

YoungHav said:
It wasn't his game and HE didn't lose it.

ED: Beaten like blah blah

Ra1den

YoungHav said:

1: If you are referring to Rising, it was never his game.

2: MGS4 had something much better than generic trophies that every damn game has, it had emblems, which were far better and unique to that game only. Fuck trophies.

If these rumours are true I'll be really glad that KP is finally embracing it's back catalog and making sure its easily available to everyone like a classic game should be. Next stop: Snatcher and Policenauts.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ra1den said:
1: If you are referring to Rising, it was never his game.

2: MGS4 had something much better than generic trophies that every damn game has, it had emblems, which were far better and unique to that game only. Fuck trophies.

Well, I wouldn't mind those emblems in the shape of trophies. That's actually what I have been hoping for all the time. Turn those emblems into trophies. Same requisites, different means to brag about them. :D

Ashes

duckroll said:
You can back up the Steam game to a recordable Blu-ray.

Wait is this true?

says a person who doesn't have a blu-ray drive, thus making this purely a speculative question out of speculative question in a speculative thread.

RPGamer92

Banned
MGS4 being available on Steam makes this hard to believe. Didn't Kojima have trouble fitting it on a blu-ray disc? How would he be able to make it downloadable?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If true, Rising confirmed to be the best MGS this console generation. It'll be interesting as fuck to see how Kamiya would handle the stealth aspects mixed into stylish action.

daffy

Banned
Miri said:
I actually lol'd at that. People are saying that the Steam part is what leads them to believe it's bullshit, I'd say that.
Yeah the Steam bit seems a tad tacked on, mostly for the MGS4 part.

PSFan said:
MGS4 being available on Steam makes this hard to believe. Didn't Kojima have trouble fitting it on a blu-ray disc? How would he be able to make it downloadable?
Through 4D compression methods only achievable on PC: The Master Console.

Kusagari

The Steam stuff and MGS6 'details' are what really make me question this. The Rising stuff does seem to have some vague evidence for it but the other stuff just scream BS.

I'd say the site just added that BS on for hits but it's not like Platinum in charge of Rising wouldn't have gotten them tons of hits to begin with.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PSFan said:

Blu-ray discs have more space than modern hard drives confirmed!

androvsky

My question is: Would Kamiya be starting from scratch? Would it take two years or more for him to do Rising properly? If he's using what the KojiPro team already had, how much would that constrain him?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Radogol said:
Did you do some digging on Lalilulelo?

The truth behind this country... I'm not surprised you've never heard of him.
Very few are aware of his existence, even among those with codeword clearance...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Stumpokapow said:
The truth behind this country... I'm not surprised you've never heard of him.
Very few are aware of his existence, even among those with codeword clearance...

I heard even mods just get a cutout, never seeing their real faces.

Don

This is such a crazy rumour.

Kamiya is probably my favourite dev and all of the five games that he directed are fantastic, but if this is true I wonder how much the game will change much from the initial concept.

The main thing that interested me about Rising was that it didn't sound like it would just be Ninja Gaiden with Raiden instead of Ryu. I liked the idea of still being able to play stealthily, keeping some consistency with past Metal Gear games, whereas having Kamiya involved makes me automatically think that this will be pure action focused.

Either way, Kamiya can do no wrong, so if it's true then I'm sure it will turn out great.

So much for Kojima finally passing the series on to his younger team.

TheUsual

PSFan said:
Order on Steam, get a free HDD with it already installed!

*Ring Ring*

Kojima: Hi guys, its Hideo. . whatcha doing?

Young guys: Hi Hideo. . .erm. . .chopping melons. We are chopping melons.

Kojima: Cool.

2 years later

*Ring Ring*

Kojima: Hi guys, its Hideo. . whatcha doing?

Young guys: Hi Hideo, we are. . .erm. . .to be honest. . .we are still fucking around with chopping melons.

Kojima: You cannot be fucking serious. I don't rike this at all.

Sub_Level said:
I heard even mods just get a cutout, never seeing their real faces.
All we've been told is that every key decision is made by a group of twelve GAFfers known as the Wisemen's Committee.

Ridley327

PSFan said:
MGS4 only takes up 33 gigs on the disc; there's been games on the PS3 that take up more than that.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EmCeeGramr said:
All we've been told is that every key decision is made by a group of twelve GAFfers known as the Wisemen's Committee.
but they've been dead for over a hundred years

duckroll

androvsky said:
My question is: Would Kamiya be starting from scratch? Would it take two years or more for him to do Rising properly? If he's using what the KojiPro team already had, how much would that constrain him?

Warning: This is complete speculation, do not read into what I'm saying, I do not know anything about the current status of Rising, or Kamiya's involvement.

I think that Kamiya would pretty much be starting from scratch, and yes the game would take at least 1.5-2 years to complete from the point he starts working on it. Kamiya could have been working on another project since Bayonetta wrapped up (Bayonetta 2?), which could be nearing completion. This would then be his third game at Platinum. The only thing I imagine him taking from KojiPro would be whatever assets they had, and even then, he might not want them.

Serenade said:
but they've been dead for over a hundred years
fuck explaining it

just make some shit up and it'll turn out to be the top posters from the mgs3 gaf thread who were making this game

also then kamiya kills one of them for some reason because 1 turns into 0 which becomes 100 which is 1 with two 0s after it so you must destroy 0 to make it all become 0

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ridley327 said:
MGS4 only takes up 33 gigs on the disc; there's been games on the PS3 that take up more than that.

Besides, MGS4 doesn't necessarily mean MGS4 *plus* MGO. Maybe they cut that out or release it as a stand alone product. It was never "integral" to MGS4 anyway. Felt like a different product just shipped on the same disc.

Duffyside

Banned
This would explain why Rising disappeared, and why it's taking so long.

And kudos to whoever made this decision if true. Kamiya is this generation's Miyamoto, meaning the best damn game developer out there.

daffy

Banned
smh at naysayers, it's no time to be skeptical. Our dreams have been realized!!!!!!!

This is like a mountain of peanut butter in game development form

NeoGAF
B E R E E V E

TTP said:
Besides, MGS4 doesn't necessarily mean MGS4 *plus* MGO. Maybe they cut that out or release it as a stand alone product. It was never "integral" to MGS4 anyway. Felt like a different product just shipped on the same disc.

if MGS series makes it to steam sans MGO, that'd be a bit've a waste.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EmCeeGramr said:
fuck explaining it

just make some shit up and it'll turn out to be the top posters from the mgs3 gaf thread who were making this game

also then kamiya kills one of them for some reason because 1 turns into 0 which becomes 100 which is 1 with two 0s after it so you must destroy 0 to make it all become 0
disu makes paafectto senssu

EmCeeGramr said:
fuck explaining it

No.

No!

NOOOO!!!!

Don't start with this. :(

Sub_Level said:
Fixed for integrity.
10/10

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
duckroll said:
Warning: This is complete speculation, do not read into what I'm saying, I do not know anything about the current status of Rising, or Kamiya's involvement.

I think that Kamiya would pretty much be starting from scratch, and yes the game would take at least 1.5-2 years to complete from the point he starts working on it. Kamiya could have been working on another project since Bayonetta wrapped up (Bayonetta 2?), which could be nearing completion. This would then be his third game at Platinum. The only thing I imagine him taking from KojiPro would be whatever assets they had, and even then, he might not want them.

Yeah, I would imagine they'd just "re-announce" MGS Rising and set it for a 2012/2013 release. Maybe the Steam releases are means to cover delay costs?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So, since Raiden's voice actor has no clue what's going with the game, I'm going to assume that Raiden is now voiced by Nolan North doing the Drake voice.

LQX

So they would pass on 360 ports for Steam where they would most likely not see a big of a return? That does not make business sense so I don't buy it. I think they would cut as much shit from MGS4 before going with Steam over 360.

Gravijah

Nirolak said:
So, since Raiden's voice actor has no clue what's going with the game, I'm going to assume that Raiden is now voiced by Nolan North doing the Drake voice.

But who will voice the female Raiden?

If this rumor turns out to be fake (lol), can we please get a new poster?

11bry42.jpg

EmCeeGramr said:
fuck explaining it

Why? It's so easy. Nano machines!

TheUsual

TTP said:
Yeah, I would imagine they'd just "re-announce" MGS Rising and set it for a 2012/2013 release. Maybe the Steam releases are means to cover delay costs?
i wonder what they'll do for the cell dialog that otocon talked about in mgs4?

LQX said:
So they would pass on 360 ports for Steam where they would most likely not see a big of a return? That does not make business sense so I don't buy it. I think they would cut as much shit from MGS4 before going with Steam over 360.
This is konami we're talking about. They brought us the greatness that was last year's e3 conference.

Top Bottom