• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Suicide Squad being delayed to Q4 2023

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Mossybrew

Nothing they can do at this point is going to fix the issues people have with this game.

Yeah what would they even do in that amount of time, the issues are baked into the basic game design.

If it's true it's probably because it just needs more time/bug testing because they don't want to have complaints about a buggy poorly performing game on top of everything else.

Sygma

What... how? Maybe it's time for a new hobby man.

Not much else that's interesting to me, its all been played to death. Shooter looter with an emphasis on verticality / movements and builds in arkham universe was good for me, plus the beta was really good so yeah

edit : nevermind alan wake 2 and remnant 2 this year hopefully too

Last edited:

sainraja

Oh, come on. Ya'll don't need to be so negative. If they are delaying the game to work on fixing things (based on reactions so far) then you can at least see they are trying to make sure people will like the game.

skit_data

Wow, really?
I’m sorry but I don’t think a delay will solve anything tbh it’s simply too much stuff that seems to be built into the core of the game and it’s aesthetics that rubbed me the wrong way.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nothing they can do at this point is going to fix the issues people have with this game.

Why can't these dumb execs understand why we hate this game?

I don't understand what is the point of delaying the game for a few months because of backlash? Game is done at this point, few months of delay won't change anything.

Because these corporate execs don't know what they are doing. They are the same people telling us that single player games are dead. They said that about 6-8 years ago. They are clueless.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

I thought I read Q4 2024, and hoped they would fix that shit. Q4 of this year leaves me disappointed that they won’t fix what we saw.

Madflavor

I'm still stewing over the idea that we could've gotten a Superman game instead. But sure. Make another GaaS. Went so well for Anthem and Avengers.

If at first you don't succeed, fail fail again. To fail again.

Was too close to Redfall, another game of same type.

So good thing it moved out. I will tackle them one by one.

Will separate them with Starfield and Baldurs Gate 3.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
It’s a dumpster fire

Release it to die and start immediately working on a Batman using lessons learned from Hogwarts
Yeah. As Schreir mentioned, the reason for the delay was extra polish, but “unpolished” isn’t what the complaints were about AT ALL. This does nothing to remedy the issue. It was the foundational elements of the game - the GAaS trappings that people were upset about and will not be able to be overhauled in that time frame. Removing the GAAS stuff would take likely years of additional work.

Just release the turd, let it exist, and move on with lessons learned that you don’t chase “trends” with current development lifecycles (5-7 years).

FBeeEye

Not surprised. It looks like doo-doo and after Marvel Avengers, they probably need to retool some things.

Kacho

Oh, come on. Ya'll don't need to be so negative. If they are delaying the game to work on fixing things (based on reactions so far) then you can at least see they are trying to make sure people will like the game.
The negativity surrounding this game isn't exclusive to GAF. It's everywhere. Rocksteady swung and missed hard on this one. A delay won't change that. It is what it is.

Top Bottom