• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Suicide Squad being delayed to Q4 2023

We flicked the switch!

Justice League: Kill the Suicide Squad

Play as Superman
Play as Wonder Woman
Play as Flash

Would instantly make the game more appealing.
Listen to this man, it sounds crazy at first, but actually would be a much better game concept :pie_raybans:

What a shit shit game, it needs to release asap, die immediately and finally get these devs to focus on what they are good. Single player, story based, faithful to the characters and full of lore/easter eggs for the fans.

EN250

What can they do to improve the game?

No always online? That's not even half the problem

People saw Rocksteady and wanted a top tier Arkham Sequel, they're getting Fortnite with DC Skins that plays nothing like previous games and for some reason there is no variety between the 4 characters that play almost the same

This is Avengers at home but for WB Games

sainraja

We don't need to play it to make a judgement call. People overwhelmingly rejected what Rocksteady showed us and that's on them. No one is obligated to shell out $70 to give it a shot.
Sure, no one is obligated to do anything. All I am saying is that the game simply being GaaS is not an indicator of its quality.

it sounds like you enjoy gaas shit, which is fine, but it should be clear most people do not, especially in a capeshit game (where it is a really bad fit). A lot of people will dismiss this out of hand because we have been subject to gaas abominations for a long time now and based on what we saw, this is no different.

It's not just the gaas shit though, the characters look horrible and samey, the stupid purple targets on everything, it just looks awful. I don't see why they should get the benefit of the doubt especially in a year when lots more compelling stuff is coming.
I don't want every game to be a GaaS game. The only GaaS like game I enjoy right now is Destiny. Rocksteady making their game GaaS is not something I necessarily want. I am just saying its not bad simply because they are trying to make it a GaaS game.

Last edited:

Kacho

There's no way Rocksteady and WB currently are NOT in complete disarray after that overwhelmingly negative reception two weeks ago.

Can't imagine it being fun over there at the moment.
Just imagine what it feels like to see something you worked on for years get universally shat on like that. Absolutely brutal. Morale must be at all time low right now.

To be a fly on the wall in the meetings they’ve had…

Just imagine what it feels like to see something you worked on for years get universally shat on like that. Absolutely brutal. Morale must be at all time low right now.

The people with half a brain saw the writing on the wall and walked the fuck out on time. Everyone else that just stayed for a paycheck, well they still get their paycheck regardless, so nothing to feel bad about.

If anything this is a lesson for the leadership and WB themselves, they are the ones that will lose the money on this clusterfuck. No sympathy for them at all, wasted 8 years trying to chase fortnite money and shafting the fans of the arkham series in the ass. Now they can suck a dick for all I care.

Kacho

Sure, no one is obligated to do anything. All I am saying is that the game simply being GaaS is not an indicator of its quality.
Being a GAAS is only part of the problem though. The biggest issue is that the game looks bad.

badblue

stephen fry whatever GIF

aries_71

I'm sorry for the team. You don't build such a piece of software without pouring in years of hard work. Probably too late to do anything radical.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's too late. They already let the live service vampires dictate the game design. They made that game. It's a stupid third person shooter. That isn't changing.

sncvsrtoip

Dont understand recent hate on game. Since firsts trailers looked nothing special and screamed GAAS from a mile, surprised people were surprise only after last gameplay trailer.

Last edited:

Ristifer

Remember when the biggest complaint about AK before its release was the introduction of the Batmobile? Fun times.

Remember when the biggest complaint about AK before its release was the introduction of the Batmobile? Fun times.

yeah... it's funny looking back at complaints from older games and then look at newer ones...

I remember when the worst thing about Halo was random reticle bloom and armor lock...
oh how naive we were thinking these issues were the worst...

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The batmobile was awesome. It was the bat "tank" that sucked when you realized how much of the game was padded out with it.

Which is kinda like this when you learn the game is isn't suicide squad... it's generic third person shooting with gear scores.

MarkMe2525

At least they are taking the communities feedback to heart. It can only mean it's going to be better than what it would have been without a delay.

Now, will it be a good game even with the improvements, we will see. I'm not interested much in the title myself, but I'm not going to damn it before it's even an available product.

It would take much longer to fix the core of the game, which in essence , is another DC take on a service after Gotham Knights which throughout development was also going after that Avengers model. Soulless gaming.

Sygma

One of the greatest years in the history of gaming and imagine looking forward to only Suicide Squad.

Thats your point of view, I don't see anything unique and most of the long awaited sequels I'm not interested in outside of alan wake

Outside of that I've actually played SS beta and it was dope, but I guess its a good move to put it out of the way of SF 6 and Zelda. That being said, its certainly a disaster after pushing it with a state of play

Last edited:

dottme

I think some people are pissed off because this is a GaaS. But my issue with GaaS is not really the service side. Most of the time, GaaS is targeted to get as much money as possible from the gamer and not to give them an always evolving experience.
and with WB behind, I’m pretty sure this will be riddle with micro(macro) transactions everywhere.

I think a delay until Fall of next year could turn the game around. 🤷‍♂️

It won't, the issue is its a live service game and not the AAA single experience that they are known for making. Another delay isn't going to fundamentally change the game that much. They are delaying the game to get further away from the bad PR that's all.

Even with the backlash this game is going to make tons of money either way because they know the casual audiences is going to buy it just because Superman and Batman is in it. Gotham Knights reviewed bad last year but it was still one of the best selling games last year.

iorek21

I find that very doubtful, everybody in this industry already knew that this kind of design universally hated even before Avengers, hell, Anthem should’ve been the biggest red flag of them all.

WB and Rocksteady knew very well what they were getting into.

Roni

They knew the game was shit before they showed it to us, the first sign of desperation was mentioning the game is connected to the Arkhamverse.

FeralEcho

What the fuck are they doing.just release this garbage tomorrow and cut your losses honestly and move on and do a Superman game or a Batman Beyond game.Everyone knows this is gonna bomb.They can't save this game by delaying it,not even 2 more years will save this garbage.It's not a problem of polish,it's literally the fundamental parts of the game that doesn't work for people.You can polish this turd as much as you'd like Rocksteady it's still a turd.

Top Bottom