• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

winjer

China's economy is highly integrated with the world economy, including the EU and USA.
That means that China has a lot more to lose from western sanctions.
And there are several countries that are eager to catch China's market share of industrial production.
I bet India would love to see some sanctions on China, as a way to get more factories to relocate from China, to India.

Wagner boss may seek to replace Putin in coup attempt​

renderTimingPixel.png

newsweek.com/wagner...

not sure which is better:

recap bachelorette GIF
or
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Thaedolus

I dunno, at least the Wagner guy might understand there’s no winning this war without bullets and act accordingly. Or be so preoccupied with maintaining power that Ukraine is able to get its territory back and kick the orcs out for good.

Still would be concerning having the world’s largest nuclear arsenal fall into the hands of a mercenary group.

Sounds like they're looking for more open support from India.

While searching for news earlier with the term Primakov Doctrine, an English article from an Indian source in October 2022 gave a surprisingly insightful look into the open use of the Primakov Doctrine in an opinion piece with all the misinformation, illogic, cope and nonsense conclusions to frame as defensive the Russian aggression and motivate others to support the Primakov Doctrine against the US. Posting it to support Perun's video about grand strategy, show how aggressive and open it's being pushed, and know the enemy to defeat the enemy.

Today's UN vote on Russia leaving Ukraine to compare with the article and who the video suggests is lurking and waiting to appear.
4mh5bu6em1ka1.jpg

Tams

While searching for news earlier with the term Primakov Doctrine, an English article from an Indian source in October 2022 gave a surprisingly insightful look into the open use of the Primakov Doctrine in an opinion piece with all the misinformation, illogic, cope and nonsense conclusions to frame as defensive the Russian aggression and motivate others to support the Primakov Doctrine against the US. Posting it to support Perun's video about grand strategy, show how aggressive and open it's being pushed, and know the enemy to defeat the enemy.

Today's UN vote on Russia leaving Ukraine to compare with the article and who the video suggests is lurking and waiting to appear.
4mh5bu6em1ka1.jpg
India for their size are really rather weak both militarily and diplomatically.

FunkMiller

4mh5bu6em1ka1.jpg

Frankly, any nation that either voted against, or abstained from this should have all foreign aid funding withdrawn immediately from Western nations. We can use that half a billion we send to India a year a lot better than continuing to pay for their Putin loving asses.

Last edited:

Brazen

Bringing some unofficial on the ground recent good news:

Russia still making the same mistakes. Getting flanked/counter attacked non-stop as they press advantage in certain areas and create weak lines in other areas.
Frozen ground about to end as forecast predicting incoming rain and above freezing temperatures.
Elevation combined with good fortifications combined with warming weather should slow down/halt the russian offense over the next week or few.

With russian infighting and a complete lack of leadership/expertise in the field among other factors I doubt they are taking Bakhmut anytime soon. Soon as in not by the war's anniversary. Fuck you puty!

Dr.D00p

I dunno, at least the Wagner guy might understand there’s no winning this war without bullets and act accordingly. Or be so preoccupied with maintaining power that Ukraine is able to get its territory back and kick the orcs out for good.

Still would be concerning having the world’s largest nuclear arsenal fall into the hands of a mercenary group.

I don't think having a man in charge of Russia who sanctions murder by a sledgehammer to the head, is someone to make things any better.

Tams

Not really news as the paper is just a load of the obvious, naïve wishful thinking, with a handful of China's own wants. You could get ChatGPT to write it.

And they didn't even talk to Ukraine when writing it. You know, one half of any potential ceasefire.

It's an utter joke and they know it. When even the German defence minister immediately rips into it and rips it apart (logic wise), then you know it's shit.

Frankly, any nation that either voted against, or abstained from this should have all foreign aid funding withdrawn immediately from Western nations. We can use that half a billion we send to India a year a lot better than continuing to pay for their Putin loving asses.
That's how I was feeling with those self-identifying votes last year. This year I'm thinking my recommendations for the list of priority countries for first strike scenarios needs to be updated. Particularly South Africa after those naval drills with Russia and Cape Town speaking out against. Looking like Russian corruption and a people in need of freedom.

A vote against/abstain for Russia to leave Ukraine after a year, in a UN vote, viewed through the lens of the Primakov Doctrine, is a country that is willing to see Ukraine be destroyed to attack the US/West.

Lunarorbit

I'm with you. India especially has been getting money from the US for years. It needs to stop.

FunkMiller

That's how I was feeling with those self-identifying votes last year. This year I'm thinking my recommendations for the list of priority countries for first strike scenarios needs to be updated. Particularly South Africa after those naval drills with Russia and Cape Town speaking out against. Looking like Russian corruption and a people in need of freedom.

A vote against/abstain for Russia to leave Ukraine after a year, in a UN vote, viewed through the lens of the Primakov Doctrine, is a country that is willing to see Ukraine be destroyed to attack the US/West.

The west needs to stop all this apologetic, liberal hand wavy nonsense, and start bullying these fucking idiots around again. Enough with the pointless self flagellation over past mistakes. All it does is embolden actual rogue states and their enablers.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Just ordered some NAFO stuff - gonna be rocking this on one of my jackets

IDKFA

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said he plans to meet China's leader Xi Jinping to discuss Beijing's proposals on ending the war in Ukraine.

China's plan calls for peace talks and respect for national sovereignty. However, the 12-point document does not specifically say that Russia must withdraw its troops from Ukraine, and it also condemns the usage of "unilateral sanctions", in what is seen as a veiled criticism of Ukraine's allies in the West.

The Chinese authorities have so far not publicly responded to Mr Zelensky's call for a summit with Mr Xi.

Meanwhile, Russia hailed the Chinese peace proposals. "We share Beijing's views," the foreign ministry in Moscow said in a statement.

sinnergy

[/URL]

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said he plans to meet China's leader Xi Jinping to discuss Beijing's proposals on ending the war in Ukraine.

China's plan calls for peace talks and respect for national sovereignty. However, the 12-point document does not specifically say that Russia must withdraw its troops from Ukraine, and it also condemns the usage of "unilateral sanctions", in what is seen as a veiled criticism of Ukraine's allies in the West.

The Chinese authorities have so far not publicly responded to Mr Zelensky's call for a summit with Mr Xi.

Meanwhile, Russia hailed the Chinese peace proposals. "We share Beijing's views," the foreign ministry in Moscow said in a statement.
It’s better than a soap like :As the world turns 🌎

Tams

Well, yeah. He's well aware that China supplying Russia further would make it much harder for Ukraine. And he can't be seen to be being openly against some form of peace.

It doesn't mean the Ukrainian's are in support of it. They have been clear that they weren't consulted by the Chinese and that any peace can't see Russia gain from this invasion.

Also, they have 'Western' allies to do the calling out of China for them. Which happened the moment Wang finished his speech at the UN. It's expected by the 'global south' that the 'West' be critical of China. So this way, no it doesn't harm Ukraine's prospects more. It's still very clear that Ukraine is very firmly in the 'Western' camp.

Tams

Case in point:

Ukraine are aware that the Chinese proposal is hot air and empty rhetoric. And they know that the PRC and Russia are birds of a feather.

I am concerned that during reconstruction that China will manage to gain influence (and build some poor quality infrastructure), but that is for another day.

TwinB242

Seeing some really bad stuff involving Bakhmut on Twitter. I think Ukraine needs to start withdrawing asap.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom